Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
familyguy33 said:
Hi guys!

I've been reading this thread for the past few days and its been really great. You guys have answered a lot of doubts and questions I have.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help me. I'm planning to sponsor my spouse to be, and I'm wondering if she has the medical a few days before marriage, will it be valid? 4 days before marriage to be exact. (I know this question has a thread of its own but it was 2009)

Thank you.
Yes - you can certainly do the medical before you get married. The medical is valid for a year. So ideally you want to take the medical just before you submit the sponsorship application.

mrandhawa

Jul 6, 2011
HI , This is pertaining to sponsering my fiance whum i m going to get married in the month of october this year. He is an Australian Citizen and would be moving to canada after marriage back home in India . I m a Permananent Resident of Canada. Hence our primary question is we are both interested in sponsering my Fiance's familyafter marriage i. e mom and dad and my sis in law has already applied on a skilled category basis hence the parenmts are in question . MY fiance is the only son hence we would want to sponser the family but lately there have been a lot of amendments relating to family sponsership about which we are unclear . thereby if we colud have some information about how long would be the processing times after we apply for them in canada. thanks and regards

mrandhawa

Jul 6, 2011
mrandhawa said:
HI , This is pertaining to sponsering my fiance whum i m going to get married in the month of october this year. He is an Australian Citizen and would be moving to canada after marriage back home in India . I m a Permananent Resident of Canada. Hence our primary question is we are both interested in sponsering my Fiance's familyafter marriage i. e mom and dad and my sis in law has already applied on a skilled category basis hence the parenmts are in question . MY fiance is the only son hence we would want to sponser the family but lately there have been a lot of amendments relating to family sponsership about which we are unclear . thereby if we colud have some information about how long would be the processing times after we apply for them in canada. thanks and regards

familyguy33

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
Med's Done....
09-08-2011
Passport Req..
21-12-2011
scylla said:
Yes - you can certainly do the medical before you get married. The medical is valid for a year. So ideally you want to take the medical just before you submit the sponsorship application.
Thanks scylla!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mrandhawa said:
If I understand correctly, your fiance would like to sponsor his parents as immigrants to Canada. If that's correct, the first step is that your fiance has to become a Canadian permanent resident (you would sponsor him as your spouse through the family class). You cannot sponsor his parents. Only he can sponsor his own parents and he must be a PR to do so.

Once he has PR status, he will be able to submit an application to sponsor his parents provided that he and you combined make sufficient income per year. The processing of his parents' application will be done in two stages. The first stage will take place in Mississauga and will last approximately 45 months. It's not clear if his parents are citizens of India or Australia (or where they currently live). If they live/are citizens of Australia, then the second stage will take place in Sydney and will take approximately 25 months. If they live in/are citizens of India - then the second stage will take place in New Delhi and take approximately 31 months. Keep in mind that these processing time lines reflect how long it takes for the applications to be processed now and these time lines could increase in the future.

Hope this helps.

mrandhawa

Jul 6, 2011
HI , thank u very much for the reply , it came out as gr8 help and also there have been a lot of rumours pertaining to the sponsering of parents as to the processing times have been increased to 13 years for those living in India. Are these rumours merely rumours because i dont see any such law on canadian immigration website but a lot of people are talking about it and would be a big setback in our case. thanks and regards

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Hi guys. I have been really stressed out lately because I applied for my police certificate from Malaysia(I studied there for a year) and its been eight months and I still havent recieved anything. But then I was thinking the other day that I actually never stayed there for more than 3 or 4 months straights because I would always go home after my semester ends for a month or so. So I was wondering if I still need provide the police certificate.

Thanks so much for your help.

affable_87

Star Member
Jul 4, 2011
hey coldgurl i have same situation like u have there,,,
which country are u in just asking??
i was working and studying there too, i been stressed on that GC they asked.
did u file already??...

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
im in canada, i applied inland last november (i applied for my malaysian pc at the same time), im supposed to hear something from immigration next month, hopefully they wont ask for it. Which country are you in?

affable_87

Star Member
Jul 4, 2011
@ coldgurl
I heard it takes only 2 weeks..but anyway good luck,,, every country has different rules about talking GC..
Mined i was filling here in Philippines but it took 2 months to got it
I filled thru online.
I thought ur from here so i might can help it. ;D ;D

HOPING ALL THE BEST!!!

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship- option c print out and foreign income

Hello Leon,

I have a question about showing my USA income for sponsoring my spouse.

I am planning to sponsor my wife in a short time..

I was working in USA since last 2 years on H1B visa.. So I am not able to provide option c print out from Canada.

I know this might not be the requirement for sponsoring a wife but I would like to know if I need to show my Pay stubs/ job contract from my USA employer or my tax return from USA if I cant provide option c tax assessment to CIC as a proof my my financial stability because I am not currently working in Canada and basically ll be unemployed when I ll put a sponsorship file.

please reply..

thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Spousal sponsorship- option c print out and foreign income

kuku said:
I know this might not be the requirement for sponsoring a wife but I would like to know if I need to show my Pay stubs/ job contract from my USA employer or my tax return from USA if I cant provide option c tax assessment to CIC as a proof my my financial stability because I am not currently working in Canada and basically ll be unemployed when I ll put a sponsorship file.
There is no specific income requirement to sponsor a spouse but you can be denied if they feel that you will not be able to support yourself. Showing your paystubs from the US will show that you have been working for the past year. This may help convince them that you will also be working in Canada in the future.

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
Thanks Leon for the reply..

Can I show my job contract from the previous US employer as a proof ?

I am a physician and was doing residency in the USA. Currently I am preparing for licensing exam in Canada and want to dedicate my time for the study. So I am not working. And I am writing a letter to explain this situation to CIC when I put spousal application.
But I have enough bank balance in my account .. Is it a good idea to show enough balance in bank account which could atlleast prove that I ll be able to support myself and my wife ?

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
@affable, you are from phillipines and you applied online? i thought we had to do it through the embassies?

malawi

Mar 2, 2011
Malawi
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2011
AOR Received.
Never Received
File Transfer...
05-18-2011
Med's Done....
03-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
7-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2011
What's an AOR and when should we expect one?

HI!
My husband and I had our application received in Pretoria June 2nd, but still no word from them about his interview etc. Anyone have any ideas what the normal wait time is? And also, what exactly is an AOR? And when should we expect one?

Thank you!