+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

VRL

Jun 20, 2012
Thank you for the information. I am wondering if I will be accepted as a sponsor for my husband. I am a Canadian citizen who is residing with my husband in the USA. We would both like to move back to Canada to buy a business. I have not received income in Canada since 2008. Will that be a problem for me to sponsor him?

canwifesponsor

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Done....
08-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-02-2012 - Showing In Process 14-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2012 - PP received 17-07-2012 - Still no DM on Ecas
LANDED..........
will land on 24-07-2012 on our wedding anniversary
VRL said:
Thank you for the information. I am wondering if I will be accepted as a sponsor for my husband. I am a Canadian citizen who is residing with my husband in the USA. We would both like to move back to Canada to buy a business. I have not received income in Canada since 2008. Will that be a problem for me to sponsor him?
You can sponsor your husband but you will need to prove that yu intend to move back to Canada.

canwifesponsor

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Done....
08-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-02-2012 - Showing In Process 14-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-2012 - PP received 17-07-2012 - Still no DM on Ecas
LANDED..........
will land on 24-07-2012 on our wedding anniversary
redwine said:
Hi!My sponsor was approved already last year.CIC sent our docs here in Manila last Sept. 2011..My Passport ,Advisory of marriage, divorce cert.of my sponsor as well as the new nbi clearance and personal history were sent last November 2011 as requested.After then didn't hear anything from them.Until today(after 9 months processing) I received a letter asking for RCMP for the sponsor.....

My question is will my application be disapproved because my sponsor has a criminal record?.This happened last 2006 and he was into 6 months probation as penalty no imprisonment.It's between his girlfriend before and him not a relative...Im so worried now coz it's been 9 months already and we're expecting to get a visa very soon but everything's not ok now becoz of this request.....Im crying the whole day.I miss my husband so much and we're expecting to get this visa! Im scared we might be disapproved....
If your sponsor got approved, then his criminal record should normally not impact on your PR application. His criminal record only affects his sponsorship and not your PR application. Unless you have a criminal record as well, you should be fine. They might just want to have a clear understanding of the situation. Good luck.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
redwine said:
Hi!My sponsor was approved already last year.CIC sent our docs here in Manila last Sept. 2011..My Passport ,Advisory of marriage, divorce cert.of my sponsor as well as the new nbi clearance and personal history were sent last November 2011 as requested.After then didn't hear anything from them.Until today(after 9 months processing) I received a letter asking for RCMP for the sponsor.....

My question is will my application be disapproved because my sponsor has a criminal record?.This happened last 2006 and he was into 6 months probation as penalty no imprisonment.It's between his girlfriend before and him not a relative...Im so worried now coz it's been 9 months already and we're expecting to get a visa very soon but everything's not ok now becoz of this request.....Im crying the whole day.I miss my husband so much and we're expecting to get this visa! Im scared we might be disapproved....
Yes - the criminal record could be a problem. The clause is not limited to relatives. It includes conjugal partners as well.

See the attached page on the CIC site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

Specifically:

- - - - -

You may not be eligible to be a sponsor if you:

Were convicted of an offence of a sexual nature, a violent criminal offence, an offence against a relative that results in bodily harm or an attempt or threat to commit any such offences—depending on circumstances such as the nature of the offence, how long ago it occurred and whether a pardon was issued (See Sponsorship Bar for Violent Crime below)

Sponsorship Bar for Violent Crime
On November 17, 2011, new eligibility requirements for sponsors came into force. These new requirements prevent a person from sponsoring a member of the family class if they have been convicted of certain offences.

The following table gives examples of relationships which would prevent sponsors who have been convicted of an offence causing bodily harm from sponsoring.

d. a current or former conjugal partner of the sponsor;

- - - - -

You'll have to submit the RCMP certificate and hope for the best. Might be a good idea to get the advice of a lawyer as well.

IndianOcean

May 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August 2011
File Transfer...
08 October 2011
Med's Done....
07 August 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
23 February 2012
LANDED..........
18 March 2012
Hi everyone,
I know a Canadian Lady who wants in some way sponsor her partner who is non Canadian. They have had a relationship for 25 years now, have a daughter who is 21. They lived together for most of that time, have tons of proof of their relationship,etc.

Problem is, he is married and never got divorced. Is she eligible to sponsor him? even though they have lived apart for 1 year now,but still maintaining contact.

Her daughter,who is Canadian could sponsor him,but immigration put a pause on parent sponsorship due to backlog. The new super visas, need a minimum income,according to family size,etc..but she is a student and works only part time.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

redwine

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
scylla said:
Yes - the criminal record could be a problem. The clause is not limited to relatives. It includes conjugal partners as well.

See the attached page on the CIC site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

Specifically:

- - - - -

You may not be eligible to be a sponsor if you:

Were convicted of an offence of a sexual nature, a violent criminal offence, an offence against a relative that results in bodily harm or an attempt or threat to commit any such offences—depending on circumstances such as the nature of the offence, how long ago it occurred and whether a pardon was issued (See Sponsorship Bar for Violent Crime below)

Sponsorship Bar for Violent Crime
On November 17, 2011, new eligibility requirements for sponsors came into force. These new requirements prevent a person from sponsoring a member of the family class if they have been convicted of certain offences.

The following table gives examples of relationships which would prevent sponsors who have been convicted of an offence causing bodily harm from sponsoring.

d. a current or former conjugal partner of the sponsor;

- - - - -

You'll have to submit the RCMP certificate and hope for the best. Might be a good idea to get the advice of a lawyer as well.

hI thanks for this info! My sponsor was already approved...I wonder why they still need an RCMP clearance now after 9 months of processing..Maybe to have an updated record?

redwine

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
canwifesponsor said:
If your sponsor got approved, then his criminal record should normally not impact on your PR application. His criminal record only affects his sponsorship and not your PR application. Unless you have a criminal record as well, you should be fine. They might just want to have a clear understanding of the situation. Good luck.
Hi canwife thanks! No I don't have criminal records only y sponsor has.But he was approved to sponsor me.Now after 9months of processing it here, they ask an RCMP clearance for the sponsor.They sent me a letter yesterday.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
parker24 said:
That's fine! You're allowed to have the Singapore account if you're IN Singapore. :)
Applicant is in Singapore but the sponsor is in Canada. An outland application

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
VPS said:
Applicant is in Singapore but the sponsor is in Canada. An outland application
Then it's fine :)

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
I remember for PR, the photo specs required stamp, sign of studio and name of applicant written on photo.
However; for spousal sponsorship, I don't see any requirements for applicant other than the appendix B requirements? Is that right? or is it given anywhere else for stamp, sign etc etc??? Pl. advice...

jpbs

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
hi my wife had appllied for me outland spouse sponsor visa she is pr from last 2 and 1/2 yrs. yrs.for both of us it is second marriage her 1st husband got exp. and i am divorcee from india.she is also indian buy went to canada in 2010 we both meet online from shaadi portal i was in india and she was in canada she has 11 yrs daughter from 1st marriage i know and we both dont have problem too, but will it affect our visa case. we had applied on 9th may, 2012 and still waiting. can anyone suggest will this kind of case gets visa.
i had never travlled to canada before , but before marriage visitor visa got rejected.
her age is 33 and mine is 32, we both meet online in jan 2012 and informed our parents did proper wedding in india in march 2012 honeymoon celebrated mine birthday party with friends and family too.she returned to canada after month staying together in april 2012 and submitted with all photos , bills , forms, wedding etc etc.can anyone help is this case straightforward or complicated.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
VPS said:
I remember for PR, the photo specs required stamp, sign of studio and name of applicant written on photo.
However; for spousal sponsorship, I don't see any requirements for applicant other than the appendix B requirements? Is that right? or is it given anywhere else for stamp, sign etc etc??? Pl. advice...
It says in Appendix B that it has to be stamped and signed (at least one).

SponsorCanada87

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
File Transfer...
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
12-01-2013
Passport Req..
23-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
27-09-2013
Hi ,

I am lost into my application for a while.

I had love marriage with my wife back in march 2011. Our parents were not agreeing completely to our marriage and I had less time to come back to Canada. We somehow managed to convince them but we did a very low profile engagement and wedding. I was unsure about the complexity I will face for Immigration later on. I had very few wedding pictures. I got our legal marriage certificate back then. I got my wifes passport with my name in September 2011 . I got her medicals done in november 2011 and I finished processing my application on Dec 2011. My application got approved from CPC M and passed to New Delhi. In 2011, I did not have proof of our honeymoon too as I had to come back to Canada. However I went back in March 2012 for honeymoon. I have many pictures with her since then low profile wedding, garland , mehndi , ring but we did not have mandap or saath phere pics, my birthday pics with her, her with my cousins + friends , honeymoon pics, phone bills ( since years ), hotel bills , travel proofs , air tickets , courier bills , email proofs.

In Feb 2012 they requested for her passport. We sent them her passport in feb 2012. They asked us for more wedding pictures , honeymoon questions , reasons for delay of our application. We never received their mail so I went through my constituency and found their message in June 2012. ( Lame postal service or I dont know whos mistake was that )

I sent them our new honeymoon pics + more wedding pics + answers to their questions through mail first week of june. I checked through my courier service for confirmation. Also I went through email service and asked them to cross check for her passport and our reply.

Since then I have not received any reply. I am much afraid. We miss eachother too much as well its been a while. I hope mine dont get rejected. I have not lied on anything. My only mistake was wedding pictures. My situation was such that I dont regret it. However; I am lost , confused and frustrated.

Her passport is lying with new Delhi office for almost 4 Months now.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

App Recieved - dec 2011
Medicals Recieved
CPC M approved - feb 2012
Passport request - feb 2012
Passport sent - feb 2012
Questions asked - mar - 1 june 2012
Questions answered - 5 june 2012

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
SponsorCanada87 said:
Hi ,

I am lost into my application for a while.

I had love marriage with my wife back in march 2011. Our parents were not agreeing completely to our marriage and I had less time to come back to Canada. We somehow managed to convince them but we did a very low profile engagement and wedding. I was unsure about the complexity I will face for Immigration later on. I had very few wedding pictures. I got our legal marriage certificate back then. I got my wifes passport with my name in September 2011 . I got her medicals done in november 2011 and I finished processing my application on Dec 2011. My application got approved from CPC M and passed to New Delhi. In 2011, I did not have proof of our honeymoon too as I had to come back to Canada. However I went back in March 2012 for honeymoon. I have many pictures with her since then low profile wedding, garland , mehndi , ring but we did not have mandap or saath phere pics, my birthday pics with her, her with my cousins + friends , honeymoon pics, phone bills ( since years ), hotel bills , travel proofs , air tickets , courier bills , email proofs.

In Feb 2012 they requested for her passport. We sent them her passport in feb 2012. They asked us for more wedding pictures , honeymoon questions , reasons for delay of our application. We never received their mail so I went through my constituency and found their message in June 2012. ( Lame postal service or I dont know whos mistake was that )

I sent them our new honeymoon pics + more wedding pics + answers to their questions through mail first week of june. I checked through my courier service for confirmation. Also I went through email service and asked them to cross check for her passport and our reply.

Since then I have not received any reply. I am much afraid. We miss eachother too much as well its been a while. I hope mine dont get rejected. I have not lied on anything. My only mistake was wedding pictures. My situation was such that I dont regret it. However; I am lost , confused and frustrated.

Her passport is lying with new Delhi office for almost 4 Months now.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

App Recieved - dec 2011
Medicals Recieved
CPC M approved - feb 2012
Passport request - feb 2012
Passport sent - feb 2012
Questions asked - mar - 1 june 2012
Questions answered - 5 june 2012
Either call, order GCMS (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf) or wait. I just checked and New Delhi is averaging 8 months, it's only been 4 months so if you call, they probably won't tell you anything other than "It's within the normal processing times, call back after 8 months" I'd just settle in for a long wait.