Med's Done....
16-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2013
Ok my last question I promise. For the medical getting it done should I get done before were married or after? Were to be married early august but I have the chance to get my medicals done before hand but were sending out the app mid august to the end of august. Suggestions?

navron

May 31, 2012
Hello everybody,
I was jusk looking for some answers to my queries. My wife applied for my

immigration under Spouse Category from Montreal last September. I m currently

residing in Bangladesh. For better understanding of my situation I am posting m

timeline as below:

Application received on November 16, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Application to sponsor received on November 16, 2011.

Federal Requirements accepted on Jan 19th, 2012

Quebec Selection Certificate Granted on 28th May, 2012 and File forwarded to

Singapore office.

My queries are as follows:
a. Would I need to attend for an interview, and if where?..Dhaka or Singapore?
b. How long does it take for singapore office to process and send me a letter or

any form of communication?
c. Once my file is received in singapore how long does it take for the entire

process generally?

Your assistance and feedback would be highly

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EkkusuXI said:
Ok my last question I promise. For the medical getting it done should I get done before were married or after? Were to be married early august but I have the chance to get my medicals done before hand but were sending out the app mid august to the end of august. Suggestions?
Doesn't matter if you get it done before or after your marriage. It's valid for 1 year. Because of processing times many people try to wait until the last minute to get it done to reduce the chances of having to redo it again in another year. But whether you do it before or after the wedding won't matter.

EkkusuXI

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
16-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2013
rjessome said:
Doesn't matter if you get it done before or after your marriage. It's valid for 1 year. Because of processing times many people try to wait until the last minute to get it done to reduce the chances of having to redo it again in another year. But whether you do it before or after the wedding won't matter.
Thank you very much. Now to gather all the info I need in the next coming months and make sure this goes as smooth as humanly possible.

eludor

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
I guess interview NOT required
Passport Req..
NOT yet
VISA ISSUED...
NOT yet
LANDED..........
Already in Canada with TRV
navron said:
Hello everybody,
I was jusk looking for some answers to my queries. My wife applied for my

immigration under Spouse Category from Montreal last September. I m currently

residing in Bangladesh. For better understanding of my situation I am posting m

timeline as below:

Application received on November 16, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Application to sponsor received on November 16, 2011.

Federal Requirements accepted on Jan 19th, 2012

Quebec Selection Certificate Granted on 28th May, 2012 and File forwarded to

Singapore office.

My queries are as follows:
b. How long does it take for singapore office to process and send me a letter or

c. Once my file is received in singapore how long does it take for the entire

process generally?

Your assistance and feedback would be highly
Hello nevron:

I am trying to answer your questions (as I learned from this forum)

Ans: It depends on your situation,papers,accurate etc. Very few applicant has been called for an interview. If they ask for interview, your interview will be in the following address

VFS Canada Application Centre
Taj Casilina Apartments
3 C ,2nd Floor
25 Gulshan Avenue
Gulshan - 1 (Beside Siemens Building),
Dhaka -1212
Helpline Ph No : +88-02- 8836055

According to Singapore website, it will take up to 22 months. But I found most of the decisions have been made within 12 months.

c. Once my file is received in singapore how long does it take for the entire process generally?
same as question 'b'

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
Thanks Leon for a great post!

I'm just about to send off a new application for my visitor record and also the application for PR.

If I've read your post right, if we get first stage approval, I will be able to get a work permit?

My common-law wife id Canadian and I'm British. We've been together for over a year now in Canada.

Many thanks.

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
UKZippy said:
Thanks Leon for a great post!

I'm just about to send off a new application for my visitor record and also the application for PR.

If I've read your post right, if we get first stage approval, I will be able to get a work permit?

My common-law wife id Canadian and I'm British. We've been together for over a year now in Canada.

Many thanks.
i think you got to apply for work permit too with your PR & extension of stay application. So when you get your 1st stage approval, you will get your open work permit too.

Not an expert here but i think that's how it works, :)

UKZippy

Star Member
Dec 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2013
AOR Received.
11-02-2013
Med's Request
17-10-2013
LANDED..........
Been here since 2011 - PR on 28/05/2015
waiting mode^__* said:
i think you got to apply for work permit too with your PR & extension of stay application. So when you get your 1st stage approval, you will get your open work permit too.

Not an expert here but i think that's how it works, :)
Thanks for the info.
However I'm applying for all of this from within Canada and I cant find any application form for this on the CIC website. Am I to assume CIC will issue a work permit if first stage of PR is given?

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
UKZippy said:
Thanks for the info.
However I'm applying for all of this from within Canada and I cant find any application form for this on the CIC website. Am I to assume CIC will issue a work permit if first stage of PR is given?
Hopefully these links will help you.

Description: Application for Permanent Residence in Canada - Spouse or Common-Law Partner Class
Address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Description: Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker
Address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Description: Spouse or Common-Law Partner In Canada Class - Sponsorship eligibility
Address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289E2.asp

Description: Fee schedule
Address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Description: Processing Times: Family Sponsorship
Address: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

And for your 2nd query. OWP Open work permit will be issue if you are AIP approved in principle (*Approved in principle means that the person being sponsored received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or local office stating that they meet the eligibility (minimum) requirements to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for the applicant and, if applicable, their family members. )

hariharan2020

Jun 1, 2012
Hi,

I got a chance to read this forum when I was searching for something in Google. The information here is Invaluable. Great job guys.

I have a few questions to ask but before that, a short insight into my case:

My wife, who is a PR and I have been living in the same house for more than 2 years and have gotten married in October 2010 (19 months before). Now, eventually I have decided to apply for my PR under the spouse category. I have a valid study permit for another year.
I have gotten almost all the papers required for my application.

1. Is producing the phone record (calling each other) very important? I have other proofs included (like wedding and other pics, flight ticket abroad)
2. Can I apply for a open work permit and send it along with my application or should I wait until I hear from Immigration Canada that Iam eligible before applying for it?
3. Should I do the medical test now and send it along or it doesn't really matter if I do it now or later? as far as application processing time is concerned?

thanks in advance

navron

May 31, 2012
Thanks a lot for your feedback...Cheers!!!

eludor said:
Hello nevron:

I am trying to answer your questions (as I learned from this forum)

Ans: It depends on your situation,papers,accurate etc. Very few applicant has been called for an interview. If they ask for interview, your interview will be in the following address

VFS Canada Application Centre
Taj Casilina Apartments
3 C ,2nd Floor
25 Gulshan Avenue
Gulshan - 1 (Beside Siemens Building),
Dhaka -1212
Helpline Ph No : +88-02- 8836055

According to Singapore website, it will take up to 22 months. But I found most of the decisions have been made within 12 months.

c. Once my file is received in singapore how long does it take for the entire process generally?
same as question 'b'

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Before the Buffalo applicants got sent there, what did the Ottawa visa office cover?

roselean

Jul 29, 2011
Hi Everybody,

We wil be leaving for Canada on July 2012 together with my kids. My problem is that my husband cannot travel with us to Canada because he will be leaving also for work on a cruise ship. Is there any possibility that he can still present his approved Canadian visa to Canada after 6 months or after his contratc ends and follow us in Canada? Somebody told me that he should apply again as an immigrant under a sponsorship visa but is this process takes only a short time like months?

Please give me some light on this matter.

Thank you and looking forward to hear from you.

Roselean

dawndarkharp

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-12
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
I had tried to call the CIC office from outside of Canada and got no luck, and the visa office in Sydney doesn't have anyone you can talk to in person so I thought I would post my question here if that's alright!

My spouse and I will be submitting our application for PR (me sponsoring him from NZ) in a week's time. We are both currently living together in New Zealand, but I have to return to Canada to photograph my wedding season. My spouses' father had recently passed away in a tragic accident and he wants to stay in New Zealand to help his mother and sister until I return and until our application is approved. If we send the application and I leave for Canada a month after (will be away for 2 months) will this affect our application? Does he need to return with me? His family needs his help and I do not want to cancel my bookings. :)

Thank you!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
dawndarkharp said:
I had tried to call the CIC office from outside of Canada and got no luck, and the visa office in Sydney doesn't have anyone you can talk to in person so I thought I would post my question here if that's alright!

My spouse and I will be submitting our application for PR (me sponsoring him from NZ) in a week's time. We are both currently living together in New Zealand, but I have to return to Canada to photograph my wedding season. My spouses' father had recently passed away in a tragic accident and he wants to stay in New Zealand to help his mother and sister until I return and until our application is approved. If we send the application and I leave for Canada a month after (will be away for 2 months) will this affect our application? Does he need to return with me? His family needs his help and I do not want to cancel my bookings. :)

Thank you!
No, that will be fine. He doesn't have to be with you during the application processing time as long as you are applying outland and not inland, which I assume you're doing because you'll be returning to NZ within 2 months time. Just make sure when u return to NZ that u update your address as sponsor.