File Transfer...
13-01-2020
Med's Request
21-02-2020
Med's Done....
22-02-2020
Interview........
09-06-2021
Hi I applied for my husband a year ago and we both live in iran (I am a canadian citizen though) and my application just has :
1-your application was received April 24, 2019.
and that's it. still no medical or biometrics and it's been 10 months now. is that normal? and I went through a lawyer and the lawyer says when she calls they say its in process but that's it.
Just want to know if it's normal for 10 months and no medical or biometrics.
It's not normal. There is a good possibility that your application is returned. Call the helpline to know for sure.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If the question is for me , tunisia
Yes, sorry, that was intended for you.

I'm not claiming to have great insight, but the odd part it seems in above is 'security check not started.' I wonder if you can push your MP on that. That said, do not know if this line looks like that when or if they believe it's not needed. Good luck.

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Yes, sorry, that was intended for you.

I'm not claiming to have great insight, but the odd part it seems in above is 'security check not started.' I wonder if you can push your MP on that. That said, do not know if this line looks like that when or if they believe it's not needed. Good luck.

Thanks for your answer
It is possible that they dont do security check ? I thought that everybody have to go trough... He is here since 10 years so maybe they can take the decision to not make it ?

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hi I applied for my husband a year ago and we both live in iran (I am a canadian citizen though) and my application just has :
and that's it. still no medical or biometrics and it's been 10 months now. is that normal? and I went through a lawyer and the lawyer says when she calls they say its in process but that's it.
apparently, you were "lucky" to encounter a fraud lawyer ... alas

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Send a Webform to ask for an update and order GCMS notes.

Reactions: Tinaaah

bilalali

Feb 28, 2020
Hi,
I live in Pakistan, my wife to be is a Canadian Citizen. We've known each other for a year now. We are planning to get married in Pakistan through court marriage, and then applying for my PR. What steps should we take to avoid problems? What proves should we give to prove that our relationship is genuine? How long do you think she should stay here with me before and after getting married through court? What things would make our application strong? What should we avoid?

We're getting married through court because she isn't religious, we need to save time and money. Do you think if we should have any celebration or something after?

A detailed response for this whole process would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your response :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I live in Pakistan, my wife to be is a Canadian Citizen. We've known each other for a year now. We are planning to get married in Pakistan through court marriage, and then applying for my PR. What steps should we take to avoid problems? What proves should we give to prove that our relationship is genuine? How long do you think she should stay here with me before and after getting married through court? What things would make our application strong? What should we avoid?

We're getting married through court because she isn't religious, we need to save time and money. Do you think if we should have any celebration or something after?

A detailed response for this whole process would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your response :)
A court marriage from Pakistan is a big red flag. If you are Muslim, marrying a non-religious person is also a red flag. If you want to avoid problems, you should follow cultural norms for the wedding, meaning all of the typical ceremonies.

ownshahjee

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife got pr 6 months back. I am on visit visa. We applied for inland sponsorship. She is not working. What documentation we can provide showing that she can support me. What kind of explanation letter can we provide about her plan to support herself and me ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My wife got pr 6 months back. I am on visit visa. We applied for inland sponsorship. She is not working. What documentation we can provide showing that she can support me. What kind of explanation letter can we provide about her plan to support herself and me ?
No one here knows how you are supporting yourselves or how you plan to.

Ivory16

Feb 26, 2020
hey guys. Could anyone tell me contact information of Sydney CIC? I checked my GCkey and it says they have not received my biometrics. But as I said earlier here, I gave my biometrics on 4th February. There's info about it in Applicant information, so I can't understand how they couldn't receive my biometrics.

bilalali

Feb 28, 2020
A court marriage from Pakistan is a big red flag. If you are Muslim, marrying a non-religious person is also a red flag. If you want to avoid problems, you should follow cultural norms for the wedding, meaning all of the typical ceremonies.
What if she becomes religious and we have a cultural wedding? What other problems can we run into then? And how long should she stay here with me after marriage? Does she also have to change her name? And what other things can help us make the case strong? And some details on Open work permit for spouse would also be helpful. What should be the age also? Thanks for the help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What if she becomes religious and we have a cultural wedding? What other problems can we run into then? And how long should she stay here with me after marriage? Does she also have to change her name? And what other things can help us make the case strong? And some details on Open work permit for spouse would also be helpful. What should be the age also? Thanks for the help
"Becoming religious" to try to look more genuine would also seem to indicate a fraud marriage.

She should stay as long as possible.

Whether she changes her name is up to her.

You must be in Canada to qualify for the OWP.

Don't know what you mean about the age.