18-11-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012
Hi all,

Does anyone know the phone number of the case processing pilot - Ottawa?

Edit: Also they asked for photocopies of my children's Canadian passports. My children were born in Egypt, I have a Canadian citizenship card for one of them and the other one was born 2 months ago and I should apply first for canadian citizenship card for him before obtaining an Canadian passport, this takes very very long time (citizenship card takes up to a year). So, can I send a photocopy of the first child's Canadian citizenship card (instead of a photocopy of the passport) and a letter explaining why I didn't send a document for the other one, or what should I do?

Thanks,
abdoon

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
calissons said:
Is he applying inside or outside Canada? If inside go to 1), if outland, to 2)

1) If he is applying from inside Canada it can be a problem because if, for some reason, they refuse to re-admit at the border it when he comes back from the US, his application will be considered withdrawn. You can and should stay in Canada during the whole immigration process and until your admission is either granted or denied when you apply from inside Canada, whether your touristic "visa" is still valid or not by the time they make a decision.

Background: The application used to be possible only from outside Canada. As a lawyer explained it to me, CIC created inland PR spousal applications originally because there would be special circumstances (ex: sick family member who requires some support from the family, or any other special/compassionate needs ) so that the two spouses NEEDED to be in Canada. In the facts, people apply from inside Canada because they wanted to be together, but you still should stay in Canada: By leaving Canada, even for a short time, you demonstrate that you didn't really have the need to be in Canada all the time. So border officers were and still are, to some extent, a little less understanding. =... Which is somewhat normal... :-[

That being said, your husband is from the US so he's from a visa-exempt (for 6 months as you pointed it out) . Coming back from Canada shouldn't be a problem. Basically, in theory it is possible, but I wouldn't advise you two to go anywhere outside Canada until he gets PR if he is applying from inside Canada. And it would sound quite awkward to ask for an extension for a visa given the reasons mentions above.

2) If he's applying from outside Canada (i.e. the US), it is not a pb at all to go to the US and come back. but yes he should get an extension of his visa until you both go back to the US, or you can just cross the border and come back before July, 8 and that would renew his visa (depending how far you are from the border) since he's from a visa-exempt country.

Hope it helps??
He's applying from outland....the visa says not valid for re-entry on it...thats what scares me we are going to visit his family in the states from the 24th of June to July 7th. I know we are visa exempt but if I renew it do they send it by mail or you have to go to the border I live 45 mins aways from the border. I just don't want to risk now renewing it and then I get refused at the border with him.
plus by then we'll be well in the whole process last time on january 0th they kept us as the border for almost 2 hours questionning etc!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
cgagnon said:
He's applying from outland....the visa says not valid for re-entry on it...thats what scares me we are going to visit his family in the states from the 24th of June to July 7th. I know we are visa exempt but if I renew it do they send it by mail or you have to go to the border I live 45 mins aways from the border. I just don't want to risk now renewing it and then I get refused at the border with him.
plus by then we'll be well in the whole process last time on january 0th they kept us as the border for almost 2 hours questionning etc!
No re-entry just means that it's not valid when he leaves Canada. So you have to get a new one at the border in any case (when you re-enter Canada.)

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
computergeek said:
No re-entry just means that it's not valid when he leaves Canada. So you have to get a new one at the border in any case (when you re-enter Canada.)
but then there is a chance they will refuse us at the border.I guess I can risk going back in, so the renewal is only for people who are not visa-exempt? Crossing through quebec is a pain!! It's a good thing i spoke french to them and knew my rights last time thats all I have to say...If we would have lied and said he was only coming in for like 2 weeks and then he changed his mind and wanted to stay longer they would have let us in no problem! They can let in criminals to canada without having any clue how they got in but honest people get the worst treatment. (sorry just venting i'm canadian and I find all this Ludicrous !!!)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
but then there is a chance they will refuse us at the border.I guess I can risk going back in, so the renewal is only for people who are not visa-exempt?
A visa exempt person can also apply to extend their visitor status but they need to be able to prove when they entered the country. If he is a US citizen and has entered via the land border, he would in many cases not have gotten a passport stamp or anything to prove his entry date. If he did, he can apply to extend. If you state that you have applied to sponsor him, you will in most cases get the extension.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Leon said:
A visa exempt person can also apply to extend their visitor status but they need to be able to prove when they entered the country. If he is a US citizen and has entered via the land border, he would in many cases not have gotten a passport stamp or anything to prove his entry date. If he did, he can apply to extend. If you state that you have applied to sponsor him, you will in most cases get the extension.
He does have an entry stamp from the time we entered in january if we renew 30 days before the expiry can we then leave for our trip to visit and re-enter with the extended visa? I just don't want to be stuck at the border again for almost 2 hours! Thank you for your help Leon I really appreciate it!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
He does have an entry stamp from the time we entered in january if we renew 30 days before the expiry can we then leave for our trip to visit and re-enter with the extended visa? I just don't want to be stuck at the border again for almost 2 hours! Thank you for your help Leon I really appreciate it!
Yes, I don't see why not. According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp the processing time if you apply online is only 12 days now and you can still upload supporting documents, for example if you have some proof of having applied for sponsorship. You might also want to include his accident and emergency insurance, your proof of income and a letter from you stating that you support him financially.

dentpratik

Mar 23, 2012
Hi i am 2012 inland applicant as well. I think i made a huge mistake by applying inland bcoz it take around 19 months to get PR as per website processing time. Let's get on to point. I was a dentist in India and I passed my exams for dentist in USA as its easy to get admission in US dental schools then Canadian dental schools. Now I can get interview call from US university at any time. SO, my question is: will they allow me to come back here in canada? I have valid study permit in Canada as well along with TRV.

Please guide me friends.

vanoh

Jun 13, 2011
I have a question, I applied outland and I am currently in Canada as a visitor and plan on staying until July. I received notice yesterday via email that my file was transferred to Detroit and they needed some info that could be sent via email. I am wanting to know should I change my address to my husband's address with the CIC in case we received our PR while we are still in Canada? I am thinking otherwise it will go to my address in the States and I will have to have someone send my passport to me here in Canada.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer this question.

file sent 11/30/11
received 12/1/11
AOR 1/26/12

Josephs

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 October 2011
AOR Received.
18 January 2012
File Transfer...
04 January 2012
Med's Done....
27 February 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08 May 2012
VISA ISSUED...
14 May 2012
LANDED..........
11 November 2012
Hi Leon and computergeek,

My file is already at the VO but I realize I didn't submit the form IMM5562 that ask for travel history in the last 10 years and the eight passport photographs. My question is do I wait for them to ask for it or send it to the VO anyway? If I don't send it now can it cause a major delay?

cicpit

Mar 12, 2012
Dear Everyone,
im very newbie here, and sorry if there my question already answer here and im repeat the question again here, but your answer now would be really really help me to speed up our step and decide what we need to do better.

Here my case :
my husband is German and im Indonesian. We are living in Indonesia too.
My husband will go to Canada as temporary skill worker on 27 may. NOC 0-A
The question is :
1. Can i accompany him to enter Canada together in same day same flight?
2. How can i apply open working permit for me? how?

All the answer would be highly appreciate,
thank you in advance..

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
Hi there
I have question i have applied for spouse visa , as i am permanent resident of france and my wife is canadian we have filed our case in 17th Nov 2011 and we received letter from CIC mississauga that application is approved and your file sent to concerned embassy.... well file received in paris and after few time i got email from embassy in which they have mentioned my Ecas number status is MEDICAL RECEIVED and on 13 march 2012 i received email from embassy saying
Dear Applicant:
We are pleased to advise you that the processing of the above application has well progressed.
and then next day 14th march i receive email saying

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2011/11/17

and then i received other email saying
Dear Applicant:
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is nearly complete.

and in all that status is same MEDICAL RECEIVED and yesterday i got email from them saying
Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order to allow us to further pursue your application please provide the following information and/or documents and elements within the next 30 days while adding a copy of this message to your correspondence

As we have paid fees and send copy to CIC mississauga and one copy to canadian embassy Paris now i want to ask what are the chances to get the spouse visa after all this as in november they have issued me visa for 4 years to visit my wife as we were expecting baby

Looking forward for reply

lucky rain

Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
19-12-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2012
LANDED..........
02-06-2012
wow man I wish my VO would send me any email :(, at least you know they are working, and ecas is not that reliable :(

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Josephs said:
Hi Leon and computergeek,

My file is already at the VO but I realize I didn't submit the form IMM5562 that ask for travel history in the last 10 years and the eight passport photographs. My question is do I wait for them to ask for it or send it to the VO anyway? If I don't send it now can it cause a major delay?
If you have a file number, I'd suggest sending it (via courier) to the visa office now. If you wait until they ask for it, you'll add two months. This way you at least have a chance of getting this document in your file before they ask (in which case it won't slow things down.) KEEP A COPY. Then, worst case, if they ask for it and you have to send it again, you can do so with a minimum of pain.

Without a file number, I'd wait - it just seems too likely they won't be able to match up your document with your application.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Leon said:
Yes, I don't see why not. According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp the processing time if you apply online is only 12 days now and you can still upload supporting documents, for example if you have some proof of having applied for sponsorship. You might also want to include his accident and emergency insurance, your proof of income and a letter from you stating that you support him financially.
But if I extend it and leave for the states and come back in is he going to need another visa or he can just cross through with the extended one?I'm so confused....