28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I (sponsor, Canadian citizen) have applied to sponsor my partner and our daughter in April of last year. Because I'm a sailor (gone +6 months / year) and we were not married, and I had no resident status in her country (United States) we applied under the conjugal category and our application was refused... My partner and our daughter have now been living with me as visitors in Canada since October, and we are finally engaged and about to marry in the U.S. at the end of this month. We want to send in our application as soon as possible. We already applied for an extension of their visitor Visa and want to send in an open work permit with the sponsorship application. Should we apply for outland or inland? We don't want to loose the possibility of traveling if possible, but could accept it for faster processing times etc.

I definitely thought to pay all fees and have proof of payment before we come back to Canada at the end of the month after getting married.

Any comments are appreciated! I regret not asking more questions here and elsewhere before applying the first time...

Thanks!
You need to apply outland if you want to continue working outside of Canada for significant periods of time. An inland application will be refused.

doswel

Dec 23, 2018
You need to apply outland if you want to continue working outside of Canada for significant periods of time. An inland application will be refused.
I am working for a Canadian (Quebec) company and am considered to be present in Quebec for tax purposes etc. while I'm onboard my Canadian flagged vessel. Even if we my vessel goes to a few American ports. But I see that it might be safer to go for the outland application...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am working for a Canadian (Quebec) company and am considered to be present in Quebec for tax purposes etc. while I'm onboard my Canadian flagged vessel. Even if we my vessel goes to a few American ports. But I see that it might be safer to go for the outland application...
There are some very weird provisions in maritime law but unless you know of something very specific and are certain that IRCC will understand this, definitely go for the outland route. There should not be any downsides to speak of for you.

Reactions: doswel

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That won't work. IRCC doesn't care about tax residency. You need physical residency to apply inland.

Very strongly recommend you apply outland to avoid the frustration of another refusal.

doswel

Dec 23, 2018
That won't work. IRCC doesn't care about tax residency. You need physical residency to apply inland.

Very strongly recommend you apply outland to avoid the frustration of another refusal.
Thank you, we will do so. A little bummer that we won't be able to apply for an open work permit at the same time, but I'm confident that my family will be able to live with me in Canada during the processing of our application.

sai123456789

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
Please advice
we applied sponsorship application(InCanada paper based) along with SOWP on oct 3rd 2019, its been 4 months and we didnt receive any update regarding SOWP, we sent webform for clarification, they replied saying that they have forwarded the webform request to the responsible office.
we called IRCC aswell, they said they have sent email to Mississauga office. not sure why it is taking long.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I do want to double-check this, but am very thankful for this advice. Thank you very much!
As said above, there really is nothing to double-check. Immigration law requires you to cohabit in Canada throughout the inland process. There are no employment exceptions.

Reactions: doswel

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
I want to ask if you send the application of spouse visa through canada post but on address which cic mentioned for courier services what will happen then??
Did you send it parcel post? or regular mail? I sent mine canada post but signature required so I could track it. This was treated as a courier package so I sent it to that address.

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Good day,

I have a quick question about my PR application to join my husband in Canada. I did my medical exam on 6th of January and according to the medical center they forwarded my medical result on January 16th.
I haven't been given any notification that it has been received by Canada Immigration.
I'm wondering if I should be worried that I haven't received any message.
Do Canada Immigration notify receipt of medical records? Thanks for any help.

Anne

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Hey there - my wife and I are currently living in the United States. We want to immigrate to Canada, and I was thinking of going the outland sponsorship route with both of us (I am the Canadian) out of the country, but my understanding is that such a route is frequently denied (I've read so on another forum?)

Is that the case? If so, i might reconsider. I plan on working for my family, so I believe that I can get proof of moving back (job offer letter) and I am seriously considering going back prior to her being approved, as I might set a hard date for return myself.

Anyone hear of this?

Let me know. Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Good day,

I have a quick question about my PR application to join my husband in Canada. I did my medical exam on 6th of January and according to the medical center they forwarded my medical result on January 16th.
I haven't been given any notification that it has been received by Canada Immigration.
I'm wondering if I should be worried that I haven't received any message.
Do Canada Immigration notify receipt of medical records? Thanks for any help.

Anne
It can take awhile before your account is updated.

Reactions: Anne16

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey there - my wife and I are currently living in the United States. We want to immigrate to Canada, and I was thinking of going the outland sponsorship route with both of us (I am the Canadian) out of the country, but my understanding is that such a route is frequently denied (I've read so on another forum?)

Is that the case? If so, i might reconsider. I plan on working for my family, so I believe that I can get proof of moving back (job offer letter) and I am seriously considering going back prior to her being approved, as I might set a hard date for return myself.

Anyone hear of this?

Let me know. Thanks!
Not sure where you are getting your information from but that is totally wrong. You're fine to apply outland from the US and to remain there while the app is processed. You just need to show solid proof of your intent to return to Canada.

Reactions: DiiDii

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Not sure where you are getting your information from but that is totally wrong. You're fine to apply outland from the US and to remain there while the app is processed. You just need to show solid proof of your intent to return to Canada.
Thanks! That's a relief to hear. Would a job offer and claims from friends and family serve as proof?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks! That's a relief to hear. Would a job offer and claims from friends and family serve as proof?
Yes, you can use those proofs. You can also look at jobs for your spouse, places to live, get shipping quotes, start transferring money/assets etc.