+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ulka0410

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
Hi guys, i request your help to clarify a few doubts.

I have recently landed in October 2019. I wish to bring my spouse (married for 7 years) to Canada on a visitor visa and state dual intent in the application. I have not yet filed for spousal sponsorship. However, I plan to do so when he comes here. I have been reading that TRVs get rejected.

1) Are the chances of him getting a TRV slim if dual intent is stated or should he have no problem in getting a Visitor visa?

2) Also if stating dual intent will be a problem should i keep the description vague that he is coming to visit me?

3) Can i show my funds and invitation as he does not have enough in his bank account?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

skrd

Jan 20, 2020
Hi guys,

Please suggest best option for me, below is my concern.

I have applied for PR when I was in Canada and returned to India as my assignment got over(was on work permit). Now I have got request for passport submission and visa is valid till June 1st 2020.I have been married for 3 years. I have not added my spouse in application but even though I was to asked to submit his medical and PCC along with FingerPrints.

Also query was raised on not accompanying him and I have submitted proofs saying that because of house construction he was not added in the application.

Can I sponspor him immediately after getting PR card from Canada? Should I be there in Canada until he get PR?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi guys,

Please suggest best option for me, below is my concern.

I have applied for PR when I was in Canada and returned to India as my assignment got over(was on work permit). Now I have got request for passport submission and visa is valid till June 1st 2020.I have been married for 3 years. I have not added my spouse in application but even though I was to asked to submit his medical and PCC along with FingerPrints.

Also query was raised on not accompanying him and I have submitted proofs saying that because of house construction he was not added in the application.

Can I sponspor him immediately after getting PR card from Canada? Should I be there in Canada until he get PR?
You can sponsor him if you're in Canada. You need to stay in Canada while it processes, though a short 1-2 week trip may be okay.

skrd

Jan 20, 2020
You can sponsor him if you're in Canada. You need to stay in Canada while it processes, though a short 1-2 week trip may be okay.
Thank you. How many months would it take for processing? Will there be any query if I submit his application immediately.

Krissi

Jan 21, 2020
well when we request a case number so we can track the progress they told us they weren’t provided with one as yet