+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Lmac4

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
1. Just the applicant.

2. No. Several forms were updated in November. You need to use the newer versions. If you use the ones you have, expect your app to be returned again.

3. As it is one of the updated forms, you need a new one.
I meant the police check, do I need to update that? How long are those good for?

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi All, Sorry if this is a wrong thread or conversation to be started here. Could anyone help me with the below please.

I am a PR holder currently staying in canada. I am planning on getting married soon to my boy friend who is an indian citizen. He got divorced in Jan 2018.

Could you let us know the best way for us to get married and get together asap without any hurdles or complications.

Thanks in advance.

Garry_Parmar

May 31, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Please help if you have information about paying fee for spousal sponsorship. "Is that we require to pay biometric fee" in case of spousal sponsorship as well ????? Please reply asap.

Thank you

Garry_Parmar

May 31, 2018
Hi Everyone, Very happy new year to you all.

A quick question. I am applying sponsorship for my spouse, is that I have to pay for biometrics or not ?

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi All

Spousal PR : Docs to Sydney, Nova Scotia office reached on Dec 4 but have not got AOR.How many days would it take and from which email ID does it come to me, so that I can check my inbox specifically.

jkcivil26

Star Member
May 6, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
02-11-2018
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
File Transfer...
04-01-2019
Med's Request
16-04-2019
Hi,

I am a November outland applicant applying for spousal sponsorship to sponsor my wife, I have submitted My Application on Nov 5th 2018, received AOR1 on Dec 20 and sponsorship approval on Dec 21st. The PA is in India.I received an email informing that my file is being transferred to the New Delhi visa office today( Jan 3rd). When I look at other threads I see that most applicants receive there Medical requests mostly a week or two after receiving their AOR s. Is the transfer to NDVO( PA's visa office) a part of the usual process. Will it delay the medical request?

Also My wife is pregnant( which I have mentioned in the application), the delivery date is in May , So once the baby is born can I add the Baby also to this same application?

Last edited:

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi,

I am a November outland applicant, I have submitted My Application on Nov 5th 2018, received AOR1 on Dec 20 and sponsorship approval on Dec 21st. The PA is in India.I received an email informing that my file is being transferred to the New Delhi visa office today. When I look at other threads I see that most applicants receive there Medical requests mostly a week or two after receiving their AOR s. Is the transfer to NDVO( PA's visa office) a part of the usual process. Will it delay the medical request?
The file is usually transfered after the sponsor Mets eligibility. Totally normal.

Reactions: jkcivil26

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi All

Spousal PR : Docs to Sydney, Nova Scotia office reached on Dec 4 but have not got AOR.How many days would it take and from which email ID does it come to me, so that I can check my inbox specifically.
Will say CIC. can take up to 3 months

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018

ibo_jayu

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Received 23-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Na
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-03-2015
IELTS Request
With application
File Transfer...
22-05-2015
Med's Request
8-7-2015
Med's Done....
16-7-2015. TLU 28-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-9-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submission 22-9.2015. Passport recd 25-09-2015
LANDED..........
Hello,
Someone told me that if you send more than 20 pictures, the application was returned.
Are we supposed to submit only 20 pictures. I have seen people here in the forum who have submitted more than 20 as high as 100 pics.
My friend told me that we need to stick to checklist and it says maximum 20 pics.

Any opinion on this will be highly appreciated.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello,
Someone told me that if you send more than 20 pictures, the application was returned.
Are we supposed to submit only 20 pictures. I have seen people here in the forum who have submitted more than 20 as high as 100 pics.
My friend told me that we need to stick to checklist and it says maximum 20 pics.

They most likely won't return your app for sending more than 20 but they ask for maximum of 20 because that is all they need. If they need additional proof at any point they will ask. Please do not send more than what is specified. It slows down processing by giving the officer a bigger burden of paperwork to sift through.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hello,

People used to send hundreds of pics because it was allowed. There was no real maximum so some pretty famous applications would go ahead and include a ton of them (I remember one in particular where they put in 400 pics and the application itself was so big it had to be sent in an actual box).

A few years ago the whole process was reformed and many changes were made that ultimately led to faster processing times and the process itself being more simple and streamlined. This is when the 20 pic maximum was introduced.

They know that any couple, especially in this day and age, probably has thousands of photos of themselves. If they need more than 20, they will ask. Pick 20 that cover as much of your relationship as you can (if you've been together for five years, some from the beginning, some from the middle, up to now), different events (especially important ones like weddings, marriage ceremonies, honeymoon, whatever you had), and also some where you can be seen with each other's family and friends (if possible).

Don't send more than 20. It's unnecessary and goes against their request. If they need more, they will ask.