Passport Req..
Jan 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 2017
Ponga said:
Bad idea!

If the person returns to Canada to then file an Inland application, they need to stay in Canada for the duration of the process. The Inland application requires the couple to live in Canada. If they return to Pakistan, they risk having the application refused for not living together in Canada.
opps I didnt mean that.
I meant the sponsor should come to canada and file a application. the pakistani spouse cant come to canada.

andreaquebec

Mar 7, 2016
AVP296 said:
are you allowed to enter Canada and live here. if yes, your spouse should sponsor you within canada file this way you dont have to go back to Brazil for stamp.
I have tourist visa. The last time I spent almost 6 months in Canada. I know I can stay 6 months so my idea is stay around 6 months.
But my doubt is. Do I have to go back to Canada ? Do they( canada immigration) ask my passaport in order to stamp the visa (permament visa)?
Or they will send an email to my husband saying the process was finalyzed ? I am a little bit lost about some steps of this process.

AVP296

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-26-2016 from NDVO
Med's Request
completed up front in March 2016
Interview........
Dec 14, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 2017
andreaquebec said:
I have tourist visa. The last time I spent almost 6 months in Canada. I know I can stay 6 months so my idea is stay around 6 months.
But my doubt is. Do I have to go back to Canada ? Do they( canada immigration) ask my passaport in order to stamp the visa (permament visa)?
Or they will send an email to my husband saying the process was finalyzed ? I am a little bit lost about some steps of this process.
if you can only stay in canada for 6 months, I believe you can extend for another 6 months if you tell them that the in-canada PR file is in process.
but if they dont than you will have to go back to Brazil and also the file will have to be resubmitted.

I suggest your spouse file the application as outside canada. you visit him. if the PR goes through within the 6 months and you are still in Canada. you can ask the CIC to grant you permission to stay back and get your PR done. this way you will not have to go back to Brazil.

little more hassel when you try to bend some rules, but yet it is possible.

here is the case I have seen very similar to yours.

friend wife was visiting in canada, while her PR file was in process with NDVO(New Delhi)
the PR got through while she was here in Canada. now the passport needs to be sent to NDVO office. friend wrote a letter to the NDVO and CIC office in Canada to notify that the applicant is visiting Canada. NDVO transfer the visa file back to CIC in Canada. the passport was now sent to canadain office and got the visa stamp.
applicant crossed the border at Niagara falls to get the PR stamped.

now, you might think that this sounds very simple, but believe me it is not. all depends on the office at your visa processing centre.

good luck

andreaquebec

Mar 7, 2016
Thank you very much for you help! I will try to do what you suggested, it is a good idea.
Tks again : )

AVP296 said:
if you can only stay in canada for 6 months, I believe you can extend for another 6 months if you tell them that the in-canada PR file is in process.
but if they dont than you will have to go back to Brazil and also the file will have to be resubmitted.

I suggest your spouse file the application as outside canada. you visit him. if the PR goes through within the 6 months and you are still in Canada. you can ask the CIC to grant you permission to stay back and get your PR done. this way you will not have to go back to Brazil.

little more hassel when you try to bend some rules, but yet it is possible.

here is the case I have seen very similar to yours.

friend wife was visiting in canada, while her PR file was in process with NDVO(New Delhi)
the PR got through while she was here in Canada. now the passport needs to be sent to NDVO office. friend wrote a letter to the NDVO and CIC office in Canada to notify that the applicant is visiting Canada. NDVO transfer the visa file back to CIC in Canada. the passport was now sent to canadain office and got the visa stamp.
applicant crossed the border at Niagara falls to get the PR stamped.

now, you might think that this sounds very simple, but believe me it is not. all depends on the office at your visa processing centre.

good luck

itslissy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
02-06-2016
File Transfer...
10-06-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2016
LANDED..........
17-11-2016
Andynd1uk said:
Permanent Residence cards do show the persons height, that's why they ask for the information up front.
Yes at the back of the PRC/ID..
Will it be a problem then?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
andreaquebec said:
You can come as a visitor while the outland app processes. If your app still isn't approved close to the 6 month mark, you can apply to extend your stay.

When IRCC requests your passport, they will give you the option to submit it to Ottawa.

thechampion

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Ponga said:
You are a Canadian citizen, right? Only a citizen of Canada can sponsor a spouse or partner while living abroad.

1. Just show evidence of looking for work (maybe job postings online, for example).

2. Great!

3. N/A

4. Not necessarily. Since you have been living abroad, it's not uncommon to have a bank account where you actually live.

Good luck!
Yea I am a Canadian Citizen. Its just that people.are freaking me.out that CIC will ask for Proof of intent to move back to Canada when your wife gets PR. My whole lives in Canada, I m here just for my wife, I was just thinking of the Proof I can provide.

Thanks for the help.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
AVP296 said:
opps I didnt mean that.
I meant the sponsor should come to canada and file a application. the pakistani spouse cant come to canada.
So, basically you are suggesting that by sending the app within Canada things will change? You are wrong in suggesting that. First, it does not work like that. Just because an application is mailed within Canada doesn't change anything except perhaps the sponsor attempting to misrepresent his residency, which may be grounds for a denial. Processing of an outland application does not improve by faking that the sponsor lives in Canada.

thechampion

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
AVP296 said:
I would suggest this.
as you have already checked the process time, it is way too long for Pakistan.
it is going to cost you some money, but I would say; come back to Canada. File the application in Mississauga.
in the form provide your email address as the contact information rather than mail.
than go back to Pakistan to live with your wife till PR granted. this way the home address will be canadian and you dont have to worry about provide suffiecient proof.
also you can do the same while staying in Pakistan and provide your canadian home address.
Yea that is what I did. I got married, went back to Canada for 4 months and filed my application.I did mention that I ll be heading back and living with my wife in Pak until she gets her PR. I m just worried if they ask any proof of intent to move back to Canada when my wife gets PR. I dont know what to provide. People are like freaking me out about this!! Anyway, thanks for your help!

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
thechampion said:
Yea I am a Canadian Citizen. Its just that people.are freaking me.out that CIC will ask for Proof of intent to move back to Canada when your wife gets PR. My whole lives in Canada, I m here just for my wife, I was just thinking of the Proof I can provide.

Thanks for the help.
You say that your whole life is in Canada, so perhaps you can also use that. You can state and provide proof of when and where you were working in Canada last (taxes, pay stubs, previous rentals, properties, etc) and that you left to marry your wife and that you will be in Pakistan only until she becomes a PR.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
thechampion said:

Thanks for the help.
dont worry a frnd of mine also sponsored her husband and then went to pk to live with the husband for 1 .5 yrs n then was asked the inted to move back to canada n they jst provided a detailed explanation letter as to why sponsor is staying with applicant in pk sicne they have a child together n the sponsor had a letter from her dr she had some health issues at that time so she went to stay with her husband who could look after her n also bank accts under sponsor name no such savings though n they were approved

AVP296

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-26-2016 from NDVO
Med's Request
completed up front in March 2016
Interview........
Dec 14, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 18, 2017
LANDED..........
Landed Jan 2017
cempjwi said:
So, basically you are suggesting that by sending the app within Canada things will change? You are wrong in suggesting that. First, it does not work like that. Just because an application is mailed within Canada doesn't change anything except perhaps the sponsor attempting to misrepresent his residency, which may be grounds for a denial. Processing of an outland application does not improve by faking that the sponsor lives in Canada.
no dude.. you got the whole thing wrong. there is no where in the process. the CIC has asked to provide the proof of the residency. I Am the Canadian citizen.
if I have applied for the sponsorship file from Canada and the situation changes in India with my spouse. there is no one the world that can stop me from living with my spouse and yes this will not change any thing in my sponsored application.
also, if the CIC is thinking that I might not move back to Canada than why would I waste my money to sponsor my spouse to Canada. the only reason a spouse will move with the other spouse is to spend some more time together and also because the immigration takes for ever to clear through and make the decision.

I do not think they will hold this against any sponsor that they are not living in Canada, unless I read wrong or misunderstood it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AVP296 said:
I do not think they will hold this against any sponsor that they are not living in Canada, unless I read wrong or misunderstood it.
Not held against you provided that: (1) you are a Canadian citizen; (2) you can provide concrete proof that you plan to return to Canada and settle there once the PR visa is approved. If you can't prove #2, refusal is certainly possible and we've seen examples of this here.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
AVP296 said:
no dude.. you got the whole thing wrong. there is no where in the process. the CIC has asked to provide the proof of the residency. I Am the Canadian citizen.
if I have applied for the sponsorship file from Canada and the situation changes in India with my spouse. there is no one the world that can stop me from living with my spouse and yes this will not change any thing in my sponsored application.
also, if the CIC is thinking that I might not move back to Canada than why would I waste my money to sponsor my spouse to Canada. the only reason a spouse will move with the other spouse is to spend some more time together and also because the immigration takes for ever to clear through and make the decision.

True but playing games by pretending to live in Canada risks far greater consequences. Certainly not worth the risk. Just prove your intent to return to Canada.

andreaquebec

Mar 7, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
You can come as a visitor while the outland app processes. If your app still isn't approved close to the 6 month mark, you can apply to extend your stay.

When IRCC requests your passport, they will give you the option to submit it to Ottawa.
Thank you ! I didnt know they can give me a option to send my passaport to Ottawa.I thought this option was just for inland app process.
I can ask them to extend my visa or as I have the american visa, I can cross the border because my canada tourist visa is good untill 2018.
So I just need to leave Canada and go back to " receive " a new " stamp".

Thank you : )