+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Samantha5858

Mar 18, 2015
Hi I am Samantha I went on trip to Afghanistan I met a guy there and we did sponsorship of him as according to afghan civil court we got married and I came back to canada and apply for his sponsorship last year but now that guy is abusive and he is in Afghanistan nothing had sent through .and he cheated on me and I want to cancel his sponsorship how can I do .and even that I found a better half Indian guy he is so nice with me and want to do his inland sponsorship .so is it possible for me to cancel that Afghani guy sponsor and sponsor a Indian who already in canada plzz help me I am in big troble

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear about your situation.

Has your husband already received his PR, or are you still waiting for him to come to Canada to `land' as a PR?

If he has already landed and has become a PR, there's nothing that you can do, UNLESS he has Condition 51 written/typed on his CoPR document that he would have received.

If he has NOT yet landed, you can certainly cancel the application by contacting CIC ASAP.

Now...the problem is going to be with the new guy's sponsorship. Unless you are married to him (which you can't be, since you're married to the first guy), you can't sponsor him at all. Even when you are finally able to, you should expect to have your application looked at more closely than most, since this will likely be seen as a red flag to CIC.

In the end, you will get what you want, but it's going to take you a long time I'm afraid.

Good luck!

southindian

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 09 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 - Feb 25 2015/AOR2 - April 9 2015
File Transfer...
Feb 25 2015
Med's Request
Upfront - 15 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
Submitted Complete Meds- 15 Aug 2015
Interview........
IN PROCESS - 16 Sep 2015, MP Inq 09 Feb 2016, DM Feb 14 2016
Passport Req..
15 Feb 2016
did you process the paper work yet?

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Samantha5858 said:
Hi I am Samantha I went on trip to Afghanistan I met a guy there and we did sponsorship of him as according to afghan civil court we got married and I came back to canada and apply for his sponsorship last year but now that guy is abusive and he is in Afghanistan nothing had sent through .and he cheated on me and I want to cancel his sponsorship how can I do .and even that I found a better half Indian guy he is so nice with me and want to do his inland sponsorship .so is it possible for me to cancel that Afghani guy sponsor and sponsor a Indian who already in canada plzz help me I am in big troble
Call CIC IMMEDIATELY and tell them that you no longer wish to sponsor your husband.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samantha5858 said:
No he didn't landed yet and in canada I have no official record I'm married but in Afghanistan its shows
But you do realize that your marriage will likely be valid in Canada, right?

You probably can't marry `the new guy' and then sponsor him, until you have divorced the first guy.

You need to contact someone (maybe a lawyer) that can tell you what your options are, but if you really are married now...you only have one choice.