+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship under LCP class

kurtis226

Mar 1, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife are not in good terms and I`m applying for Permanent residence soon.

My question is, can I include her on the application and declare that we are separated. I still want to get her though we are not in good term`s. Because I don`t think I`m getting the custody of my kid`s if she`s not included on the application. Hoping to be Permanent residence is for my kid`s if they can`t come every sacrifices that I made will be useless. If need be I will still include my wife on the application so my kid`s can get here.

Or should I divorce her or annul our marriage and include her on the application and be a guardian of my 2 kid`s?

Or declare that we are separated( marriage is still valid) and file a divorce after when she get here in Canada.

Please help! Thank you!

Kurt

allaine

Mar 8, 2012
kurtis226 said:
Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife are not in good terms and I`m applying for Permanent residence soon.

My question is, can I include her on the application and declare that we are separated. I still want to get her though we are not in good term`s. Because I don`t think I`m getting the custody of my kid`s if she`s not included on the application. Hoping to be Permanent residence is for my kid`s if they can`t come every sacrifices that I made will be useless. If need be I will still include my wife on the application so my kid`s can get here.

Or should I divorce her or annul our marriage and include her on the application and be a guardian of my 2 kid`s?

Or declare that we are separated( marriage is still valid) and file a divorce after when she get here in Canada.

Please help! Thank you!

Kurt

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If you declare your wife on your PR application, but state you are separated, CIC will not issue her a visa. Legally you are still married, but the marriage has to be genuine as well; it is no longer genuine.
If you get divorced or annul the marriage before getting the PR visa, she will not be able to get a PR visa to accompany you. CIC will not issue a PR visa for someone to be their child's guardian.
To get a PR visa as your dependent, she has to be in a genuine relationship with you.

You could include her as your wife and make no mention of the fact you are separated. This would be misrepresentation on your and her part. However, as long as CIC did not find out about it, it would probably work. If CIC did find out about it, your and her PR could be taken away, so there is some risk to this.