+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - sponsor in Canada and spouse in Pakistan

INSQNM11

Jan 24, 2020
Hello everybody,

if someone could please help guide me to a better clarification. It would be highly appreciated!

1. I want to sponsor my wife who lives in Pakistan and I am a Canadian citizen. My first question is she has to get her CNIC and passport changed because before marriage it has her fathers name and now we want to have that removed and have my name on both IDs. Does anybody know if we need to have CNIC re-made or can we do a NICOP for her. Considering NICOP is for those who are oversees but can she get hers made and have “country of stay” as Pakistan and give her current addresses for the back of the card? And also is it possible to have either of these cards made in English from Lahore NADRA office? We were told since she isn’t oversees they can’t make a NICOP for her but I’ve heard some people have got it done.

2. before we got married my wife and her family have their old addresses listed in their identity cards (but had moved way before marriage) but never changed their cards. Now my nikaah nama and marriage certificate is in the old address. Now they have got their cards changed to current residence. Will this affect my application? I cannot change it on marriage certificate or the nikaah nama cause that would mean I would have to go re sign a new nikaah nama which is out of my hands at the moment and I’d like to start her application.

please help!

Shoukat.ba

Feb 6, 2020
I would advise you to keep the old Nikah nama. Try have your name in her ID card and passport as husband. If there are any other questions, you may contact me.

INSQNM11

Jan 24, 2020
I would advise you to keep the old Nikah nama. Try have your name in her ID card and passport as husband. If there are any other questions, you may contact me.
thanks for your feedback. Is it true that if you have misplaced your original birth certificate, this can be made through a union council? And it’s verified in the NADRA system? Also is it ok to give more pictures and chat proof than the stated request?

Shoukat.ba

Feb 6, 2020
thanks for your feedback. Is it true that if you have misplaced your original birth certificate, this can be made through a union council? And it’s verified in the NADRA system? Also is it ok to give more pictures and chat proof than the stated request?
Don't give me more than what is required. Speak to the officer at Nadra office and Union council if they can help, Also, speak to the hospital if they issue birth certificate again from the records they have. I am not an expert because I grew up in Canada. It's always good to find a professional/educated Pakistani and get more detail. Try to fill the application forms properly. Proof read 5 times if needed. Good luck!