+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship returned after visitor visa is expired

arf000

Dec 7, 2023
Hi!
I applied for spousal sponsorship 10 days before my visitor visa expired, as it took time to collect all the documents. However, the application was returned, and now my stay in Canada is more than 6 months. I have not received the explanation letter yet to resubmit the application. Can I reapply for the spousal application with the expired visa? Do I get to extend my status as a visitor? or will I be deported?
Please help me out. I am stressed and scared and not sure what to do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi!
I applied for spousal sponsorship 10 days before my visitor visa expired, as it took time to collect all the documents. However, the application was returned, and now my stay in Canada is more than 6 months. I have not received the explanation letter yet to resubmit the application. Can I reapply for the spousal application with the expired visa? Do I get to extend my status as a visitor? or will I be deported?
How long ago did your visitor visa expire? Are you still within the 90 day window to apply for restoration? Submitting a spousal sponsorship application does not give you implied status. Only applying for an OWP gives you implied status.

arf000

Dec 7, 2023
How long ago did your visitor visa expire? Are you still within the 90 day window to apply for restoration? Submitting a spousal sponsorship application does not give you implied status. Only applying for an OWP gives you implied status.
It has been 21 days since my visitor visa expired. How does this restoration work?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi!
It's not relevant any more. But applying for spousal sponsorship doesn't give you implied status.
Restore your visitor status as suggested above.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
like what other people said, applying for PR doesn’t give you implied status. You need to extend for visitor visa and apply for PR at the same time.

lovindahubby

Nov 15, 2013
canada
Category........
FSW
Med's Request
-
Hi!
When you applied for spousal sponsorship you were supposed to extended your visiting visa 30 days before it expire. Spousal sponsorship does not give you implied status. You can seek some legal advise

arf000

Dec 7, 2023
Thank you, everyone, for your advice.
I will apply for the restoration of my visitor visa and PR after including the "Submission Confirmation" letter of the restoration application. I hope I get everything done well.

arf000

Dec 7, 2023
1. Should I be transparent on the explanation letter for visitor visa restoration, like providing detailed information about the sponsorship application? This is the reason I want to stay longer.
2. As my reason for applying for a visitor visa before was "Tourism and visit a friend", should I include the UCI number? I am afraid they will consider me as a liar and reject my application.
Please help me.

mostkal

Feb 18, 2019
Hi,
My Visitor Visa status expired couple days after I sent my spousal sponsorship application online. I applied for extension to my visitor visa before expiry but got rejected and asked to leave the country immediately. I did apply for restoration of status as my SS application was in progress....
today, my Spousal sponsorship application was returned due to missing documents. :(
can I reapply while waiting for the restoration of status application to be processed or do i have to leave the country?
please help!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
My Visitor Visa status expired couple days after I sent my spousal sponsorship application online. I applied for extension to my visitor visa before expiry but got rejected and asked to leave the country immediately. I did apply for restoration of status as my SS application was in progress....
today, my Spousal sponsorship application was returned due to missing documents. :(
can I reapply while waiting for the restoration of status application to be processed or do i have to leave the country?
please help!

How long has your spouse been in Canada and what has been their status during this time? If they have been a visitor how many extensions have they received and have they always received a 6 month stay? How long have they been in Canada? Depending on the answer you may want to apply Outland from Canada or consider applying from abroad. How long since you have received any amount of money from Ontario works? How long had you been on Ontario works and had you had a long history (years) of being employed and financially self-sufficient before going on Ontario works? Is your business profitable now and for how long has it been profitable? How long has it been profitable enough to support you and your spouse financially?

mostkal

Feb 18, 2019
Hi again, so just to provide an update on my case, I did apply for restoration of status and included proof of marriage and spousal sponsorship application confirmation letter. Unfortunately, the restoration of status was refused yesterday.
That said, my spousal sponsorship application status is still. Submitted. No change for since 2 weeks ago.
My lawyer is stating that his office can appeal the refusal decision. Any thoughts?