+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship / Restoration Status

lloydmcole

Nov 4, 2020
Hi Guys,

Looking for some help. Me (british citizen) and my Canadian wife applied for PR for me and a new work permit 5 months ago

Last week my visitor record expired, however today my PR application came back in the mail with an error

The question i have is, Now that my visitor record has expired and i need to be under some kind of legal status, WOULD simply applying for restoration of status cover me to send my now corrected PR forms back or would i have to first wait for my status to be restored (hopefully)?

Nightmare....

thanks in advance

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You should apply to restore your status asap.

You do not need to be in a valid status to be sponsored inland. But without a valid status, you cannot get the OWP until your status is restored or after AIP of your inland application. We haven't heard much about inland OWP. So that may not have a big impact on your application.

So correct the mistake and double/triple check and send in your application again.

Reactions: lloydmcole

lloydmcole

Nov 4, 2020
You should apply to restore your status asap.

You do not need to be in a valid status to be sponsored inland. But without a valid status, you cannot get the OWP until your status is restored or after AIP of your inland application. We haven't heard much about inland OWP. So that may not have a big impact on your application.

So correct the mistake and double/triple check and send in your application again.
i forgot to mention the OWP was sent together with the PR application of which both were sent back. However what you're telling me is that i will have to now wait to get my status restored and then send out for OWP? i can't just sent it all back together PR and OWP Forms

This is all done inland as we live together in ontario

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
i forgot to mention the OWP was sent together with the PR application of which both were sent back. However what you're telling me is that i will have to now wait to get my status restored and then send out for OWP? i can't just sent it all back together PR and OWP Forms

This is all done inland as we live together in ontario
From my understanding, you cannot apply for OWP inland when you are out of status.

Reactions: lloydmcole