+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship & Removal Order!

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
My husband had his Medical Passed and Police check clearance all done. Because of COVID there has been a big time delay. I will let you know whatever happens because my husband has to leave at the end of February, he had to get the ticket to go back home. I guess my communication has gone crap, my mind isn't working at all because of this whole thing going on. Thank you so much for your message above, that explains a lot.
I believe it best u start to prepare a outland application gather all the documents u he can pre sign the form and u date them when the application is complete, u can submit a new application within one day of he leaving Canada

Muzik786

Jan 22, 2021
Just to update what is happening with my husband, he is getting deported on February 21, 2021. We received an email from the IRCC Office to come in for an interview on February 18 with regards to the PR. It feels as if things should work out. Is there anyone that had gone for an interview at IRCC office for a PR application?

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Just to update what is happening with my husband, he is getting deported on February 21, 2021. We received an email from the IRCC Office to come in for an interview on February 18 with regards to the PR. It feels as if things should work out. Is there anyone that had gone for an interview at IRCC office for a PR application?
That's great he get a interview date, if they determine your relationship is genuine they usually give u aip right after the interview, and the deportation will be void, I try but i didn't get a interview before my deferral of removal was up so I did have to leave an do a outland application, wish u luck on the interview

Feb 21, 2021
approved in principle (AIP)
For inland application that's when ppl who did not include their open work permit with the initial application to apply for open work permit.
But in most inland cases, this is very close to final approval. Not sure if timeline is the same now. Back then it's only a month before we got the landing interview. (again there is no more physical landing interview because of COVID)

Hi guys need some advice, I'm a refugee who was refused and then appealed the decision and then got married to a Canadian who was my girlfriend before I got refused and then her family was very supportive and we decided to get married on our 1 year anniversary of being dating, we applied for spusal sponsorship and our application is almost complete waiting for the SA & AIP and the decision to be made and 4 weeks away from our time line. Now we received the appeal and they have refused me again and now they say I could send a aplication to the federal court but I was hoping I would have got my PR by then but this came before my spousal sponsorship been accepted, if i don't say yes to federal court they will send me a removal oder then what will happen can I still stay because I'm in the last few decision on our sponsorship aplication to be PR..?? I really appreciate if any thoughts.

Chad4lyphe

Jul 28, 2019
Hey how did the interview when is your husband okay from the deportation order.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys need some advice, I'm a refugee who was refused and then appealed the decision and then got married to a Canadian who was my girlfriend before I got refused and then her family was very supportive and we decided to get married on our 1 year anniversary of being dating, we applied for spusal sponsorship and our application is almost complete waiting for the SA & AIP and the decision to be made and 4 weeks away from our time line. Now we received the appeal and they have refused me again and now they say I could send a aplication to the federal court but I was hoping I would have got my PR by then but this came before my spousal sponsorship been accepted, if i don't say yes to federal court they will send me a removal oder then what will happen can I still stay because I'm in the last few decision on our sponsorship aplication to be PR..?? I really appreciate if any thoughts.
You mention that you are 4 weeks away from your deadline which I assume may be 1 year since you submitted your application but haven‘t even received SA. Processing times have been delayed due to covid and if you haven’t received SA yet. Would also warn you that the progress bar Just represents average processing ties and not your actual case so people can reach 100% yet not be approved.

Feb 21, 2021
You mention that you are 4 weeks away from your deadline which I assume may be 1 year since you submitted your application but haven‘t even received SA. Processing times have been delayed due to covid and if you haven’t received SA yet. Would also warn you that the progress bar Just represents average processing ties and not your actual case so people can reach 100% yet not be approved.
Hi thanks for getting back,

Yes exactly its gonna be 1year since we applied and they requested me to send my details and my wife's details so they can reach reach out between 8:00 am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Meaning our phone numbers and emails and our address, I don't sure what to do to fill a federal court aplication..? Really don't have any other options to by time

Muzik786

Jan 22, 2021
My question to you: are you in possession of your passport? Since the appeal was refused. They give you the chance to appeal the refusal, I don't know how many times. I would appeal the decision again to buy time to get the PR. The bar that you see 4 weeks left to process is useless BUT you save that page as a PDF file and when it is 100% and time has elapsed you save that too, because if God Forbid they want to remove you from Canada and you have to file a deferral from the CBSA then you will need that paper. My husband's application said it would be processed by Aug 2020 and on March 2021 it got approved (the PR). I would hire a very good lawyer who would better advise you but based on my husband going through what you are going through. Keep one thing in mind, if you hand in your valid passport to the CBSA, you will be removal ready and be kicked out of Canada. I hope things are looking up for you and that you get your PR approval soon, with that noone will be able to remove you from Canada then.

Feb 21, 2021
My question to you: are you in possession of your passport? Since the appeal was refused. They give you the chance to appeal the refusal, I don't know how many times. I would appeal the decision again to buy time to get the PR. The bar that you see 4 weeks left to process is useless BUT you save that page as a PDF file and when it is 100% and time has elapsed you save that too, because if God Forbid they want to remove you from Canada and you have to file a deferral from the CBSA then you will need that paper. My husband's application said it would be processed by Aug 2020 and on March 2021 it got approved (the PR). I would hire a very good lawyer who would better advise you but based on my husband going through what you are going through. Keep one thing in mind, if you hand in your valid passport to the CBSA, you will be removal ready and be kicked out of Canada. I hope things are looking up for you and that you get your PR approval soon, with that noone will be able to remove you from Canada then.
Thank you so much for your email, very happy that you and your husband got the PR approved, I only appealed once and it got refused too now they ask to apply to federal court and last week I got my application in principal and sponsor approved, and no I don't have my passport with me its expired when I handed it over to CBSA back in 2018 I don't have a valid passport,

nwapapa

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
The interview was very tough, I'm so happy that the agent approved the spousal sponsorship. My husband had to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee and the decision for the PR has been made (Approved). Thanks for asking!
Congratulations.

Egna7711

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
The interview was very tough, I'm so happy that the agent approved the spousal sponsorship. My husband had to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee and the decision for the PR has been made (Approved). Thanks for asking!
hello,

do you mind sharing what were asked in the interview and why it was tough? Thanks

Reactions: Islandermatt67

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Long story short. My husband is a failed refugee which caused him to have a removal order because he didn't leave within the 30 days voluntarily once the decision was not in his favour.

I married my husband after this whole thing and applied for spousal sponsorship which got approved, we are waiting for the PR application to be processed at the Hamilton IRCC, now the CBSA contacted us and want to remove my husband (deportation order). We applied for the deferral with the CBSA so my husband doesn't have to be removed and that the PR application which is in the final stages should be complete, because of the previous issue with the CBSA, the officer refused to give deferral but we applied officially in order to get an official response of no, so we can go to federal court. Has anyone ever gone through this and if so, what was the outcome. ( we have 2 kids together)!
u got sp ?

Muzik786

Jan 22, 2021
hello,

do you mind sharing what were asked in the interview and why it was tough? Thanks
The questions were all related to confirm the validity of our marriage and there was a thing I had done out of stupidity that caused the interview to become tough. I'm sure the questions we were asked was related strictly what was on the file. Generally I'll tell you what the setup of the interview was. The agent asked me to stay for the interview and had my husband wait outside the office, the agent asked a lot of the questions regarding information on our file, when he was done questioning me, my husband had to come in the office and I waited outside. The agent then approved the sponsorship and we were relieved.

Actually, I withdrew my husband's application because I was told something about him by his friend that turned out to be inaccurate, I should have trusted my husband, you learn from your mistakes right? So the questions were about why? Are you sure? It was tough to answer the questions and truly speaking I was ashamed of my stupidity.

The agent was really understanding, bless him.