+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship & Removal Order!

Muzik786

Jan 22, 2021
Long story short. My husband is a failed refugee which caused him to have a removal order because he didn't leave within the 30 days voluntarily once the decision was not in his favour.

I married my husband after this whole thing and applied for spousal sponsorship which got approved, we are waiting for the PR application to be processed at the Hamilton IRCC, now the CBSA contacted us and want to remove my husband (deportation order). We applied for the deferral with the CBSA so my husband doesn't have to be removed and that the PR application which is in the final stages should be complete, because of the previous issue with the CBSA, the officer refused to give deferral but we applied officially in order to get an official response of no, so we can go to federal court. Has anyone ever gone through this and if so, what was the outcome. ( we have 2 kids together)!

Reactions: Gill$&@

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Long story short. My husband is a failed refugee which caused him to have a removal order because he didn't leave within the 30 days voluntarily once the decision was not in his favour.

I married my husband after this whole thing and applied for spousal sponsorship which got approved, we are waiting for the PR application to be processed at the Hamilton IRCC, now the CBSA contacted us and want to remove my husband (deportation order). We applied for the deferral with the CBSA so my husband doesn't have to be removed and that the PR application which is in the final stages should be complete, because of the previous issue with the CBSA, the officer refused to give deferral but we applied officially in order to get an official response of no, so we can go to federal court. Has anyone ever gone through this and if so, what was the outcome. ( we have 2 kids together)!
You said spousal sponsorship was approved and in the same sentence you say that you're waiting for it to be processed so which one is it? At what stage is your app?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You said spousal sponsorship was approved and in the same sentence you say that you're waiting for it to be processed so which one is it? At what stage is your app?
I agree that is confusing. I wonder if it's sponsor approval or it's really AIP?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What is AIP?
approved in principle (AIP)
For inland application that's when ppl who did not include their open work permit with the initial application to apply for open work permit.
But in most inland cases, this is very close to final approval. Not sure if timeline is the same now. Back then it's only a month before we got the landing interview. (again there is no more physical landing interview because of COVID)

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Thanks. I couldnt apply for my wifes work permit we are outland. Didnt see it in the app.

Muzik786

Jan 22, 2021
Sorry for the confusion, this is the inland application. The spousal sponsorship was approved which is the first step, the second step is for my husband to get his PR. If I was to look at the online status it shows decision made for spousal sponsorship and for PR it shows application received. I hope this removes any confusion.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Sorry for the confusion, this is the inland application. The spousal sponsorship was approved which is the first step, the second step is for my husband to get his PR. If I was to look at the online status it shows decision made for spousal sponsorship and for PR it shows application received. I hope this removes any confusion.
This doesn't remove any confusion... at least for me. Did you sign in as sponsor or applicant when you cehck the status?
If it's' sponsor, then it's just sponsor approved . That's a very early step (i.e. sponsor is a PR/citizen and qualify as a sponsor. they don't even check social assistance at this point).

If it's applicant approved, then it's AIP and only need formal documents to be done to get PR.
Did he finished biometric, medical, criminal and background checks?

Muzik786

Jan 22, 2021
This doesn't remove any confusion... at least for me. Did you sign in as sponsor or applicant when you cehck the status?
If it's' sponsor, then it's just sponsor approved . That's a very early step (i.e. sponsor is a PR/citizen and qualify as a sponsor. they don't even check social assistance at this point).

If it's applicant approved, then it's AIP and only need formal documents to be done to get PR.
Did he finished biometric, medical, criminal and background checks?
Now I'm confused too. What's AOR?

I guess if no one will understand what im asking I wont really get any advice or know anyone going through the same situation as myself.

Thank you for your responses still.

Take care everyone :(

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Now I'm confused too. What's AOR?

I guess if no one will understand what im asking I wont really get any advice or know anyone going through the same situation as myself.

Thank you for your responses still.

Take care everyone :(
Where did the term AOR come up?

AOR is the very initial communicate you get from IRCC after you submitted your application. The AOR will contain you application number and it shows that they think your application package is completed.

This is a spreadsheet for the spousal sponsorship applications. It has some explaination of the steps in one of the tabs
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=2079961909

I copied this signature from someone who applied inland to show steps: The fingerprint and RCMP request is only for some applications.
Applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship for PR & OWP
Application Received-:
AOR 1 (Principal Applicant)-:
Schedule A and PCC uploaded-:
AOR 2 (Sponsor)-:
Medical Requested-:
RCMP Fingerprint Requested-:
Medical Submitted-:
RCMP Fingerprint Submitted-:
Medical Passed-:
AIP-:
SA and PA Letter-:
Landing Interview-:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I think we want to see if you are almost done with the process and your spouse may be able to get PR before CBSA do anything.
But if it's still months away, this may get complicated and you may need to seek help from an immigration lawyer.

Shuadle

Feb 3, 2021
I think they mean that the sponsor got approval, now the PA has to go through the process right?

Muzik786

Jan 22, 2021
I think we want to see if you are almost done with the process and your spouse may be able to get PR before CBSA do anything.
But if it's still months away, this may get complicated and you may need to seek help from an immigration lawyer.
My husband had his Medical Passed and Police check clearance all done. Because of COVID there has been a big time delay. I will let you know whatever happens because my husband has to leave at the end of February, he had to get the ticket to go back home. I guess my communication has gone crap, my mind isn't working at all because of this whole thing going on. Thank you so much for your message above, that explains a lot.

Reactions: YVR123