+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship & Removal Order!

Muzik786

Jan 22, 2021
Thank you so much for your email, very happy that you and your husband got the PR approved, I only appealed once and it got refused too now they ask to apply to federal court and last week I got my application in principal and sponsor approved, and no I don't have my passport with me its expired when I handed it over to CBSA back in 2018 I don't have a valid passport,
Thank you, you know if you got the approval for application in principle and sponsor approved, the CBSA can't remove you, because of the approval you have status now in Canada. I really hope your PR has been approved by now.

Muzik786

Jan 22, 2021
Hey how did the interview when is your husband okay from the deportation order.
The interview was tough, the sponsorship was approved. The deportation order was overturned through a lawyer we hired. The application to the federal court had to be done under the emergency application. I'm glad I found the immigration lawyer that helped out, there were 2 other lawyers I contacted and they told me to do a normal federal court application which my gut feeling didnt feel right with that. The immigration lawyer I went ahead told me if I had went ahead with application to the federal court through normal procedure, my husband would have been deported by then and that emergency application was extremely important.

Reactions: YVR123
Feb 21, 2021
Thank you, you know if you got the approval for application in principle and sponsor approved, the CBSA can't remove you, because of the approval you have status now in Canada. I really hope your PR has been approved by now.
Hi thank you fir your reply,

Yes my sponsor is approved and I got approved too just waiting till the aplication is complete, but I'm still worried if they will tell me to leave? Because when I spoke to IRCC the agent told me your aplication should be complete soon. Just been worried because I didn't appeal to federal court!

Muzik786

Jan 22, 2021
That's great he get a interview date, if they determine your relationship is genuine they usually give u aip right after the interview, and the deportation will be void, I try but i didn't get a interview before my deferral of removal was up so I did have to leave an do a outland application, wish u luck on the interview
Yeah I'm so glad it worked out but am really sorry you had to go through that. I hope you managed to get your PR then.

Muzik786

Jan 22, 2021
I don't know if I replied to your post. Once you're approved for sponsorship, CBSA can't ask you to leave. I hope you have your PR approved by now.
Hi thank you fir your reply,

Yes my sponsor is approved and I got approved too just waiting till the aplication is complete, but I'm still worried if they will tell me to leave? Because when I spoke to IRCC the agent told me your aplication should be complete soon. Just been worried because I didn't appeal to federal court!

Muzik786

Jan 22, 2021
So guys for reference purpose. We were asked to pay Right of Permanent Residence Fee on February 24, 2021. My husband officially became a Permanent Resident on March 23, 2021.

I hope this will serve the purpose for those people God forbid going through the same situation as ours. All the best everyone!

Reactions: armoured

Groovy1995

Apr 5, 2022
The interview was tough, the sponsorship was approved. The deportation order was overturned through a lawyer we hired. The application to the federal court had to be done under the emergency application. I'm glad I found the immigration lawyer that helped out, there were 2 other lawyers I contacted and they told me to do a normal federal court application which my gut feeling didnt feel right with that. The immigration lawyer I went ahead told me if I had went ahead with application to the federal court through normal procedure, my husband would have been deported by then and that emergency application was extremely important.
Hi there,
I was wondering if you could recommend the lawyer that handled your case, I find myself in the same predicament and could use a good lawyer like yours right now.

muk5477

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Long story short. My husband is a failed refugee which caused him to have a removal order because he didn't leave within the 30 days voluntarily once the decision was not in his favour.

I married my husband after this whole thing and applied for spousal sponsorship which got approved, we are waiting for the PR application to be processed at the Hamilton IRCC, now the CBSA contacted us and want to remove my husband (deportation order). We applied for the deferral with the CBSA so my husband doesn't have to be removed and that the PR application which is in the final stages should be complete, because of the previous issue with the CBSA, the officer refused to give deferral but we applied officially in order to get an official response of no, so we can go to federal court. Has anyone ever gone through this and if so, what was the outcome. ( we have 2 kids together)!
dont worry you are safe.
they didn't send you back

jinna

Sep 20, 2019
Long story short. My husband is a failed refugee which caused him to have a removal order because he didn't leave within the 30 days voluntarily once the decision was not in his favour.

I married my husband after this whole thing and applied for spousal sponsorship which got approved, we are waiting for the PR application to be processed at the Hamilton IRCC, now the CBSA contacted us and want to remove my husband (deportation order). We applied for the deferral with the CBSA so my husband doesn't have to be removed and that the PR application which is in the final stages should be complete, because of the previous issue with the CBSA, the officer refused to give deferral but we applied officially in order to get an official response of no, so we can go to federal court. Has anyone ever gone through this and if so, what was the outcome. ( we have 2 kids together)!