Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Passport Req..
22-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-09-2018
Unfortunately, based on what you've said, I highly doubt that any appeal in this case would be successful. They simply see that you are not eligible to be sponsored because you have not completed your marriage rites and therefore are not fully married to the CIC. I'd advise waiting until after you've observed all your specific ceremonies, document carefully, and then reapply. To be completely frank, you're extremely lucky that this process only took 3 months. Many people wait months, or even years, to get an interview. Establish what you need to ensure the CIC sees you as a bona fide married couple and then reapply. As it seems that the rest of your relationship proofs were good for the CIC, then I would imagine that your next application will be much more successful.

Reactions: Anthonymarshall

zeinaCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beyrouth
App. Filed.......
22-11-2018
Interview........
20-03-2018
Hi Hanin

There is a thread for beirut you can join

I am canadian sponsoring my husband and we are muslim too

They make difference between kateb ktab and zawaj, for them a weeding is when we do el na2leh I know it’s not logic but unfortunately it’s like that

You have two solutions

You can appeal there decision
Your have to do all the tralalala stupid stuff on the Lebanease culture ( white dress and other stuff)

Good luck

M

mikeymyke

Your case sounds identical to this person here:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spouse-sponsorship-refusal.498966/

It might seem unjust that they would deny your application because you didn't have a honeymoon or just a court wedding like in some Western countries. But you have to remember that in your country, the honeymoon and wedding are considered important, and the fact you didn't do either shows you're not really "married" culturally, despite being married on paper. Note that some of the people on that thread and you are from Lebanon. It seems that in this country, the wedding and honeymoon are considered very important, as the honeymoon shows the marriage is consummated and that the couple are an official wedded couple.

In Western countries, we don't view honeymoon or traditional wedding ceremony as important, hence it's not a big deal if these spouses don't perform them. In other countries like Lebanon, both these things are important in their culture, so if you didn't do them, then it's a red flag.

If you wanted to avoid all these problems, you should've just had the dinner ceremony and honeymoon BEFORE you applied for sponsorship. I don't know why you would prefer to wait for PR, then do all these things. You also said you wore your ring on the right hand because of tradition, so why wouldn't you also follow tradition by having a traditional ceremony and honeymoon just like tradition dictates?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hanin24

Jan 31, 2018
Hi Hanin

They make difference between kateb ktab and zawaj, for them a weeding is when we do el na2leh I know it’s not logic but unfortunately it’s like that

You have two solutions

Your have to do all the tralalala stupid stuff on the Lebanease culture ( white dress and other stuff)

Good luck
I appreciate your response,
What do you advice me to do ?? appeal or Applying again after the wedding ??
Thank you,

Hanin24

Jan 31, 2018
Hi Hanin

You have two solutions

Good luck
can you explain abut this part more ??
" There is a thread for beirut you can join "
Thank you,

zeinaCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beyrouth
App. Filed.......
22-11-2018
Interview........
20-03-2018
I appreciate your response,
What do you advice me to do ?? appeal or Applying again after the wedding ??
Thank you,
Definitely do your mariage and reapply again I didn’t wear a white dress ( I am born in canada) and I write a letter that I am raised on Canadian values and Culture than lebanease this was a plus for us ...

Reactions: Hanin24

qhadeer

Jul 2, 2011
Hi every one,
I need help Please .
Me and my husband got married on 24, Jan.2018. and We applied for the spousal sponsorship on 8 march. 2018.
They called me for an interview on 13 June 2018, and they informed me that my Application was refused because of the below reasons:
We didn't have a wedding ceremony neither we went on a honey moon...

We just got our marriage in court - and all our papers are paper legal, and my passport shows the name of my husband.
I showed the officer the pictures of the court ceremony and how our parents was gathered there, and I showed her our Marriage certificate, and I showed her proofs how our parents, friends and family know about our marriage .... None of them were enough for her.

Today I received the refusal letter by email.
Can Anyone help me ?? advice me what should I do next ?? what is the step I should take forward ??
Is there a way I can make things work again ??
Hi Hanin,

My wife's PR application got refused today on 25th Feb 2018 based on not a "Genuine Marriage" thing as per VO which is not true.

She did her interview on 14th Feb 2018 at High Commission of Canada, New Delhi, India.

Planning to appeal the decision.

Pls suggest me.

Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi Hanin,

My wife's PR application got refused today on 25th Feb 2018 based on not a "Genuine Marriage" thing as per VO which is not true.

She did her interview on 14th Feb 2018 at High Commission of Canada, New Delhi, India.

Pls suggest me.

Thanks.
All the instructions will be sent to you. All you need to do is fax the appeal application to the designated office (pending on the residing province you live in )

Reactions: qhadeer

preet012

Sep 4, 2015
Hi Hanin,

Pls suggest me.

Thanks.
Sorry to hear that. Actually I m also in same situation. I just got decision made on both side of ECas but they did not request the medical yet. I am August applicant and my file transfer to NDVO after sponser approval in December but last Wednesday suddenly my ECas shows decision made. Not sure what will come up now. Any ideas ?

Rafraf

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hi Hanin24,

I just want to get further information regarding your refusal.

Did the CIC asked for more proves before sending they sent the refusal? If so, did you submit the proves they asked for?
And if so, when did they answer after you have submitted the additional proves?

After the refusal, what are the next steps?
Can you appeal? Can you file for a judicial review?

Thank you

mimin3

May 20, 2019
And why would a honeymoon be mandatory? Many people can't afford them or just don't care or are planning them at a