+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship Refusal

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
And why would a honeymoon be mandatory? Many people can't afford them or just don't care or are planning them at a
It isn't a mandatory. It is simply a very important process to fully complete a marriage in some cultural norm. As someone explained in the earlier post, the OP's cultural norm is required to have a honeymoon to complete a marriage. Without it, the marriage is considered invalid in their culture. It isn't news that CIC will refuse spousal applications on the grounds that those applicants don't't fully comply with their cultural norm for the wedding.

Reactions: YVR123

RawaneAlZ

Feb 26, 2020
Hello,
Can anyone help.
I’ve been emailed that a refund of 550$ will be initiated. No reason submitted. And still no approval or refusal email was sent. Keeping in mind that we paid 1040$ for this spouse sponsoring application online. Besides i can’t like my app number F000 to my Gckey

RawaneAlZ

Feb 26, 2020
It isn't a mandatory. It is simply a very important process to fully complete a marriage in some cultural norm. As someone explained in the earlier post, the OP's cultural norm is required to have a honeymoon to complete a marriage. Without it, the marriage is considered invalid in their culture. It isn't news that CIC will refuse spousal applications on the grounds that those applicants don't't fully comply with their cultural norm for the wedding.
Hello,
Can anyone help.
I’ve been emailed that a refund of 550$ will be initiated. No reason submitted. And still no approval or refusal email was sent. Keeping in mind that we paid 1040$ for this spouse sponsoring application online. Besides i can’t like my app number F000 to my Gckey any ifea?

Sunaina kaplish

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
sure , I got married in a court in Lebanon where I live .
This is the refusal letter :
I have now completed the assessment of your permanent residence application as a member of the family class, the class in which you applied. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. Paragraph 117(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner. Subsection 4(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that for the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership (a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or (b) is not genuine. Based on the assessment of your information, including your application, the supporting documentation, and the information you provided during the interview, I am not satisfied that your marriage to your sponsor is genuine. More specifically, as explained to you during your interview, I am not satisfied that you are in a genuine husband and wife relationship, as per the local cultural norms and traditions. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you meet R4(1)(b). Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. For the reasons set out above, I am not satisfied that you are not inadmissible and that you meet the requirements of the Act. As such, I am refusing your application.
What did you do after getting refusals piz tell me

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
I don't know if you are still working on this process but getting refused is a very big problem and can take a long time to overcome. If you haven't already, you will need to make an appeal. This should involve a lawyer. If you cannot afford a lawyer, then I suggest that you find a way to live together and then re-apply. The appeal process is nasty and usually not successful. In the initial application, you clearly (and accidentally, I'm sure), gave out information that did not satisfy the officer. This can be a sense of being hasty in marriage, not enough photos of the actual wedding, not having authentic documents, too much money moving between you and your spouse, age/ stage/ religious differences. It can also be any type of discrepancy that is perceived to be "normal" for your culture. The further away you are from the perceived norm, the harder it will be judged.

FYI, I am speaking from my own experience with being turned down.

Since it's been two years, I hope that you have been able to make progress. Wishing you both the best.