+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Province Transfer

mcb_23

Aug 14, 2020
: Hi! I would like to have an idea regarding the issue I am having. On what would be my next step. I arrived in Quebec last November 2019 and started my spousal sponsorship. I already have my AOR from Federal and MIDI. But now, we have decided to move to Alberta. May i know what would happen to my current application and what I need to do? Are we going to restart the whole application or just submit the required additional documents on the province where i will be staying? Thank you.

hamid_bashir

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
: Hi! I would like to have an idea regarding the issue I am having. On what would be my next step. I arrived in Quebec last November 2019 and started my spousal sponsorship. I already have my AOR from Federal and MIDI. But now, we have decided to move to Alberta. May i know what would happen to my current application and what I need to do? Are we going to restart the whole application or just submit the required additional documents on the province where i will be staying? Thank you.
I think you do not have to do anything additional except address change as you are moving from Quebec to other province. If you were moving to Quebec, then that was a different case.

legionnaire

Sep 21, 2019
We're in the exactly same situation, submitted sponsorship application from BC but want to move to Alberta now.

I'm worried because of the proof of relationship documents such as bills with both our names etc. - would they request the same ones for the new address?

Thanks.

legionnaire

Sep 21, 2019
I do have a job offer there and she's on a visitor visa so it doesn't matter. Cost of living is considerably cheaper there, not to mention housing so we should be fine. Thanks a lot for bringing that up, though, I'm sure the jobs won't be plentiful as in bc