+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship. Possible paper lost. I need help with last thing before PR!

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 7th (First); Mar 25th (Second) 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
I applied for PR through the outland process. My VO is Paris and I applied last February.
I’m in the very last step, when the VO is processing the application. Last week I got an email saying this:

[The following documents and/or information are required to complete your application for permanent residence in Canada:

Police certificate from Iceland for “Steler”]

I’m 99% sure that I sent the police certificate, and I already went to an Icelandic consulate to ask if the one that I sent is the right one. And they confirmed it.
So, I’m guessing that they lost the one that I already sent. But it’s just that, a guess, because the information that they give is so little.

What should I do? Should I send the same police record again? Can I ask them by email?
I have only 30 days to send them something!!

Thank you very much to everyone that took the time to replay

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
You have another one that you can send??

Yup, that's what I'd do, just send it in rather than getting into a whole lot of back and forth. However, I'm wondering about the date it was issued (will they want a "new" one)?? I doubt it, but I'm wondering nonetheless.

M

mikeymyke

Did you order your GCMS notes regularly? It should mention if they were missing it or if they just simply wanted another one.

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
truesmile said:
You have another one that you can send??

Yup, that's what I'd do, just send it in rather than getting into a whole lot of back and forth. However, I'm wondering about the date it was issued (will they want a "new" one)?? I doubt it, but I'm wondering nonetheless.
I have a copy that in the embassy can sign and stamped, so I think it would as valid as the original one.
I didn't mention it, but the police certificate it is 6 months old. I think it should be fine

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Did you order your GCMS notes regularly? It should mention if they were missing it or if they just simply wanted another one.
I'm expecting to get them at the end of the month, but I'm worried if I wait, because I have only 30 days

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
How old was the police certificate that you sent with your application? Was it less than 3 months old when they received your application in Mississauga? If was older than 3 months, it is likely they want a CURRENT updated police certificate and if you require more time to get one, you should email your VO and ask for an extension.

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
Alurra71 said:
How old was the police certificate that you sent with your application? Was it less than 3 months old when they received your application in Mississauga? If was older than 3 months, it is likely they want a CURRENT updated police certificate and if you require more time to get one, you should email your VO and ask for an extension.
Thanks Alurra71,
I was coming to post that I saw that the police certificate that I sent was 3 months and some days old. So, you are totally right. I'm happy to know the reason of the things. I've already applied for a new one.
Is it valid a police record that is not the original one (a photocopy) but that has a sign and a stamp from a Icelandic consulate?

Thanks again!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
steler said:
Thanks Alurra71,
I was coming to post that I saw that the police certificate that I sent was 3 months and some days old. So, you are totally right. I'm happy to know the reason of the things. I've already applied for a new one.
Is it valid a police record that is not the original one (a photocopy) but that has a sign and a stamp from a Icelandic consulate?

Thanks again!
Whatever the requirements were for the PCC with your original application are what the requirements would be now. I filed from the US and I know I needed an original FBI clearance not a photocopy, so I can only assume it would be the same for you. If you require more time to obtain this, definitely call/email your VO and request an extension. I don't think a photocopy would suffice no matter who stamps it. I might be mistaken about this, so for sure if someone has better information about this than I please chime in.

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
Alurra71 said:
Whatever the requirements were for the PCC with your original application are what the requirements would be now. I filed from the US and I know I needed an original FBI clearance not a photocopy, so I can only assume it would be the same for you. If you require more time to obtain this, definitely call/email your VO and request an extension. I don't think a photocopy would suffice no matter who stamps it. I might be mistaken about this, so for sure if someone has better information about this than I please chime in.
Thanks Alurra71
I'll try to see what is the best option

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
steler said:
Thanks Alurra71
I'll try to see what is the best option
I was checking the CIC website for help and I found in different guides the all police records has to be original. In the guide that applies to me doesn't say anything about original, but I would guess that still applies to me.
I guess the certified true copies is for other documents less important