+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Passport Spouse Name

jp39419

May 2, 2024
Hi all

I am currently a Permanent Resident in Canada (Indian Citizen) and recently got married in April 2024. My wife currently is both a citizen and a resident in India. To ensure that we are united as soon as possible, we have started gathering and documenting all the required paperwork for the spousal sponsorship and are aiming to complete the application by the end of May 2024. Answers to the following queries will really help us get the paperwork done as soon as possible and as diligently as possible:

1. My wife has already renewed her passport to include my name as the spouse name in India, which only took 3 days with the tatkal service. I unfortunately missed this undertaking as the timeline was cutting close to my travel back to Canada. After inquiry from BLS I understand that it takes 8 weeks for the passport to renew. Not sure if I should submit the application with only her passport updated. Is it imperative that I do the same? (TLDR: Should I update my passport too to include my wife's name (wife passport already updated with my name) under the spouse name even though it may take BLS Canada 8 weeks to process a new request)
  2. My wife had taken a break year before beginning her bachelor studies, will this require a letter of explanation?
  3. Should I apply for a TRV before or after submitting the spousal PR application?
  4. My mother in laws name is misspelled in her Aadhar card and is correctly spelled on my wife's passport; would she be required to submit her mother's Aadhar card and will this create any further issues in the application?
  5. My wife is unable to obtain all the experience letters from firms she has worked as, as an intern. What is the best action that we can take in this?

Appreciate your support on the same.

Thanks and best