+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
I have submitted it in Islamabad on 24th January. Did you get any update on gc portal as i got an approval on status and there is a bar showing counterfoil any idea whats this?
Yes I got the same. Counterfoil means Visa. So when Islamabad put the visa stamp/sticker on our passports, the officers update our status on GCkey. Our passports should be on thier way back. The expiration date is the expiry of the Visa. It is usually a year from the date of the medical examination.

Mar 19, 2021
Yes I got the same. Counterfoil means Visa. So when Islamabad put the visa stamp/sticker on our passports, the officers update our status on GC key. Our passports should be on thier way back. The expiration date is the expiry of the Visa. It is usually a year from the date of the medical examination.
Congratulations on your application !! My wife also submitted her passport in Lahore on 26. On the GC key it says 'your action is required' under status and when I opened 'view submitted application or upload documents' tab under 'check full application status', it's asking for copy of the passport. even though my wife has already submitted the passport, do I or should I upload copy of the passport here on GC key as well ? Thanks

Aug 2019 app

Oct 4, 2021
Yes I got the same. Counterfoil means Visa. So when Islamabad put the visa stamp/sticker on our passports, the officers update our status on GCkey. Our passports should be on thier way back. The expiration date is the expiry of the Visa. It is usually a year from the date of the medical examination.
Congrats buddy

Reactions: pinx09

Akmam Khan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2022
Re: Spousal sponsorship for all Pakistani applicants at London Visa Office

How the spousal sponsorship works i.e. Steps

London Visa Office Processing time is 11 Months

Dear all just for the clarity i m posting the process of Family sponsorship for understanding of all of thread members.

Phase 1: Sponsor's Approval

1. Sponsorship application submission (AT CPC-Mississauga)

2. First Email: application of sponsorship received by CPC-Mississauga (with in a week time or 10 days)

3. 2nd email: Sponsorship approval and File is sent to London Visa office for further processing (with in 1 month)
or if you are an old applicant (Islamabad Visa Office) then your file is transferred to LVO. whether you get email or not your file is in London.

Phase 2: Visa Office Stage (Principle Applicant or Spouse)

Steps: Eligibility Assessment (Relation is Genuine or not) > Re-Med if required > Back ground checks > PPR 1 > PPR2 > Visa Issued

5. Eligibility Assessment: Additional documents or Interview request from LVO to assess eligibility.(between 5-8 months is my best guess) Interview will most likely held in Islamabad but interviewer will be a person from LVO not from Islamabad (Interview is only to assess whether relationship is genuine or not).

6. background checks will be done after relationship is confirmed by Visa officer.

Passport request is Two step process as Pakistani law does not permit sending passport out of country

7. Passport request 1. PPR1 sending copies of the passport and pictures to LVO (30 days) (immediately send to LVO on given address)
after receiving your copies of passport and pictures. LVO will issue Visa and COPR issued as per your passport and send it to Islamabad

8. Passport Request 2. PPR2. Original passport and return address needs to be sent to Islamabad. (usually 30-45 days after PPR1) Send PPs through TCS visatronics

9. Visa is being pasted on Passport. VISA along with COPR is sent to your return address.

10. You are ready to land.........
Is anyone here applied for spouse open work permit from Pakistan? Or have any information regarding that

pinx09

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Congratulations on your application !! My wife also submitted her passport in Lahore on 26. On the GC key it says 'your action is required' under status and when I opened 'view submitted application or upload documents' tab under 'check full application status', it's asking for copy of the passport. even though my wife has already submitted the passport, do I or should I upload copy of the passport here on GC key as well ? Thanks
I'm not really sure. But because this is a spousal sponsorship, typically only the original passport needs to be submitted. Did you sign up for SMS updates/tracking? If not, then you can write to them for clarification.

mr2gud

Aug 6, 2021
Is there any fees that VFS charges for submission going to submit at VFS karachi tommorow any ideas?
What to bring to the VFS
as far as email says passport, two photos and copy of the email

Reactions: Aug 2019 app

Ahmed sagheer

May 8, 2021
ircc has asked us to submit passport for visa stumping but my passport was less than six months so i have renewed my passport which has changed the last digit of passport number. Is there any chance of problem in visa stumping with this scenario? Need your kind suggestions.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
ircc has asked us to submit passport for visa stumping but my passport was less than six months so i have renewed my passport which has changed the last digit of passport number. Is there any chance of problem in visa stumping with this scenario? Need your kind suggestions.
No, should be no problem.