+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

spousalCase416

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
I must be missing something then.. because..

Primary would be the COPR
Secondary would be the foreign passport
And supporting isn’t required, but a marriage certificate can be used.
Please let me know

Applying in person
If you are applying in person, you must provide the following documents:

• an original valid primary identity document
  • an original valid secondary document (only applicable if you have reached the age of majority in your province or territory of residence)
  • an original valid supporting document (only applicable if the name on your primary identity document is different from the one on your secondary document or from the one you wish to register in the Social Insurance Register

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Could you also tell me about the health card. Is it 3 or 5 months?
It’s three for Ontario at least pre-Covid. Not sure if anything has changed in that regard due to Covid.

As for SIN, I just recall they did ask my husband, but that may not necessarily be everywhere. (May have been a mistake on their end to ask, I don’t know. Been years and years since I got my own number.)

You do have to provide proof of address for Ontario health care though for sure. My husband used passport, PR card, and a Service Ontario notice with his address on it. (Had access to that cause he was here previously on IEC visa) A bill would work though.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
What did you use as proof of address for sin? I already have converted my UK licence to Canadian one, but it's temporary hence not acceptable, the card will follow, but I have no time, I have to get back to UK for sometime, could you share what documents you used for sin?
We went to a Service Canada location instead of doing it online. They just asked for his PR card/COPR & passport and then asked us for the address verbally. No address proof needed. You will get the SIN right away!

Rick60

Oct 14, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
27-09-2017
AOR Received.
November 4, 2017.
File Transfer...
Soon In Sha Allah
Any April Applicants here who got ppr?

sweet2818

Star Member
Jul 8, 2021
No need for proof of address in case of applying for SIN (actually SIN is the basis of everything and address on SIN will be used as proof of address for getting any other Photo ID and opening bank account etc)

Each province has its own requirements for health insurance application. For Ontario Health insurance aka OHIP the earlier requirement of wait for 3 months after residing in province is changed recently during pandemic. So the OHIP coverage starts the day you apply for it at Service Ontario.

Mrs. Usmsn

Jun 19, 2021
My status changed from "in process" to "decision made" on July 16th, but didn't receive any email. I'm so worried and confused now. Received pre arrival on June 19th.