+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

samsung_me

Jan 24, 2020
Hello all,

I am in great need of help and was wondering if someone could help me out. I have been trying to sponsor my husband for the past 6 years and there have been complications. In 2015 I had a proxy nikkah since I did not know it was not allowed and it was refused. So my counsellor told me to go get a nikkah again in Pakistan in 2017, and I had the nikkah in person with my husband in Pakistan and we have all the evidence. However, the minister is still refusing it saying you cannot have a nikkah over nikkah in Pakistan law and says therefore I am legally not married. Does anyone know any laws about this? Is nikkah over nikkah allowed in Pakistan? we have an approved document from the union council but idk if it's enough. Does anyone know someone who can help me? I have a hearing coming up soon and need all the help
Thanks
that's correct, nikah on nikah isn't allowed, that being said, the first nikaah was enough, so i guess if i was in your shoe, i ll make a case saying, immigration department wasn't convinced about proxy nikah, although it happens at a lot of places and it is also gets accepted, (of course immigration wont accept it and i have no clue why you thought they ll accept it but that's another story) but to satisfy immigration, you actually went physically to Pakistan to show the determination and commitment with your husband, and got married physically in Pakistan, now you cant expect us to divorce each other and then re marry based on immigration decision that proxy married wasn't allowed and since they didn't even accept it at first place why are they objecting nikah on nikah now? so if they accept first nikah to be a real thing, our case should be processed in regards to that. basically in a nutshell, i ll go before a judge and say all this and about this, try to make a point about immigration not accepting your nikah first and then making it a base for reject later.
Union council marriage certificate is enough, try to get urdu molvi sahab's nikah nama too, get it translated. Some letters from friends and family can also help, specially if someone joined your nikaah in Pakistan from Canada , ask them to write you a letter, it could contain, how the experience was, how you guys get along and working hard to work your relationship even long distance , so basically they are trying to picture to immigration how you and your spouse are as husband and wife.
I hope it make sense somehow to you.
best of luck.

Last edited:

zindabad

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Hello, Received Pre-arrival at 18-May-2021. Waiting for DM & PPR...

When IRCC will start documents & relationship verification?

I checked with all my documents issues offices, they confirmed no enquiries came from IRCC.

Need Expert opinion.

FF89

Jul 11, 2019
I have noticed another problem. There’s a spelling error on one of the applicant. How do I get it rectified?

canman2021

Jun 20, 2021
Hello, Received Pre-arrival at 18-May-2021. Waiting for DM & PPR...

When IRCC will start documents & relationship verification?

I checked with all my documents issues offices, they confirmed no enquiries came from IRCC.

Need Expert opinion.
in my case it takes around 6 month to get DM and PPR after pre-arrival, they even asked for second ADR after pre-arrival, depends how long the background check could take.

Reactions: zindabad

zindabad

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
in my case it takes around 6 month to get DM and PPR after pre-arrival, they even asked for second ADR after pre-arrival, depends how long the background check could take.
What they check in background check? If you don't mind, what ADR they requested? Relate to relationship or Job experience or police certificate?