+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Forza_7

Apr 9, 2021
How old is your baby?? If the baby is under 2 year old then you have to apply for his/ her citizenship certificate and then passport. If 1 of the parent is Canadian.
he/she just wants digitally link the application. so please don't get the people confused by sending irrelevant expert advice.

Aishakh

Apr 23, 2021
Can anyone tell me how much time for medical appointment these days from islamabad. I emailed on friday and no reply till now

Jawariam

Dec 14, 2020
Please advise if you’re familiar with the situation: My spouse has long received his COPR and has had his passport stamped with a visa. His application was approved and case has been closed. The issue is getting him here due to all the banned flights. We’re looking at getting him here with one of the connections being through Frankfurt, but the website states that for Pakistani nationals they’d have to get an Airport Transit Visa.

The Schengen website states the following: “You may be exempt from the airport visa requirement, even if you belong to any of the above listed countries, if you:
  • hold a valid visa issued by a Schengen state, a Member State of the European Union or the European Economic Area, Canada, Japan or the United States”
Does anyone know if a COPR and the PR visa stamped on my husband’s passport will be enough to exempt him from applying for the Schengen Airport Transit Visa?

A girl

Star Member
Feb 8, 2020
Please advise if you’re familiar with the situation: My spouse has long received his COPR and has had his passport stamped with a visa. His application was approved and case has been closed. The issue is getting him here due to all the banned flights. We’re looking at getting him here with one of the connections being through Frankfurt, but the website states that for Pakistani nationals they’d have to get an Airport Transit Visa.

The Schengen website states the following: “You may be exempt from the airport visa requirement, even if you belong to any of the above listed countries, if you:
  • hold a valid visa issued by a Schengen state, a Member State of the European Union or the European Economic Area, Canada, Japan or the United States”
Does anyone know if a COPR and the PR visa stamped on my husband’s passport will be enough to exempt him from applying for the Schengen Airport Transit Visa?
I dont know for myself
But my friend got approved and still waiting to get an answers
Please if you know any further info share it here

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How so? The government's website doesn't specify that. It says any COPR holders can travel to Canada as of June 21st.
COPR holders who have immediate family in Canada (eg spouses) could already travel under the immediate family exemption.

For most family class, no change, except that now they can travel without making use of the exemption, which required nothing more than showing they had immediate family who was PR or citizen.

Reactions: esam99

Programmable

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
COPR holders who have immediate family in Canada (eg spouses) could already travel under the immediate family exemption.

For most family class, no change, except that now they can travel without making use of the exemption, which required nothing more than showing they had immediate family who was PR or citizen.
I don't think that's the case. The travel ban from Pakistan overrode the exemption that you're referring to; i.e. even if you had an immediate family member in Canada and COPR, you couldn't travel to Canada with the ban in place. The ban is lifted now.

Reactions: armoured

samsung_me

Jan 24, 2020

No. The visa itself has no value in terms of exemptions from any sort of visa, and visa as per say Isn't PR, Its an one time visa to get you to the port, that's all.
Besides, I guess you know it already, flights are open now.
Best of luck.

Shyramms

Jul 19, 2018
Hello all,

I am in great need of help and was wondering if someone could help me out. I have been trying to sponsor my husband for the past 6 years and there have been complications. In 2015 I had a proxy nikkah since I did not know it was not allowed and it was refused. So my counsellor told me to go get a nikkah again in Pakistan in 2017, and I had the nikkah in person with my husband in Pakistan and we have all the evidence. However, the minister is still refusing it saying you cannot have a nikkah over nikkah in Pakistan law and says therefore I am legally not married. Does anyone know any laws about this? Is nikkah over nikkah allowed in Pakistan? we have an approved document from the union council but idk if it's enough. Does anyone know someone who can help me? I have a hearing coming up soon and need all the help
Thanks