+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

spousalCase416

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Last update was remedical done in April and this email was a reply on my email when I inquired about status of my application
Okay so considering you just completed your re-medical, they probably have a Bring Forward Date for your application in two weeks. The next update you should get from them is a passport request within two weeks.

Reactions: Social_Distancing

Gormint

May 14, 2021
Anyone please help me in understanding this : “ Reassessement has been granted and a new medical certificate with a validity of 12 months has been issued in GCMS . Should the applicant not land before the expiry of the medical ,a new IME will be required . Please pick up this IME number again in order to update the medical validity on the application “ . This is written in the GCMS notes and I’m unable to understand kindly guide me on this.
That is an interesting note. It is very good to hear that they are possibly extending the medicals for that amount of time. First time I am reading of such a thing. I have been anxiously waiting for some sort of medical request or notice after pre-arrival letter about 2 weeks ago so let’s see what happens.

Reactions: Arsh1973

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
Okay so considering you just completed your re-medical, they probably have a Bring Forward Date for your application in two weeks. The next update you should get from them is a passport request within two weeks.
Thanks for the input , hoping for the best inshaAllah, but just a quick question if they mean two weeks in their email they would have the correspondence in yep weeks only na hopefully .
Also before my remedical I had submitted my adr and I also got an email of submission of adr from lvo so this looks like the finalisation probably , but I haven’t received pre arrival as yet this is what is worrying me

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
Thanks for the input , hoping for the best inshaAllah, but just a quick question if they mean two weeks in their email they would have the correspondence in two weeks only na hopefully .
Also before my remedical I had submitted my adr and I also got an email of submission of adr from lvo so this looks like the finalisation probably , but I haven’t received pre arrival as yet this is what is worrying me
@spousalCase416 input please if possible

Forza_7

Apr 9, 2021
What is the meaning of prearrival

Prearrival services are provided on behalf of IRCC by settlement service provider organizations. These
services providers offer free information to help you with:

Living and working in Canada

Getting you education, work experience and professional licenses and certificate recognized in Canada

Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada, including language training

spousalCase416

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Thanks for the input , hoping for the best inshaAllah, but just a quick question if they mean two weeks in their email they would have the correspondence in yep weeks only na hopefully .
I wouldn't worry about not receiving pre arrival. The way you can look at it is, the medical in and of it self is a major requirement for coming to Canada. If they make you do a re-medical it's so the application can be finalized. Also, in the passport request email, the second section is pre arrival services, refered to as appendix B. So anybody is receiving Pre-Arrival when they receive the Passport request.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I wouldn't worry about not receiving pre arrival. The way you can look at it is, the medical in and of it self is a major requirement for coming to Canada. If they make you do a re-medical it's so the application can be finalized. Also, in the passport request email, the second section is pre arrival services, refered to as appendix B. So anybody is receiving Pre-Arrival when they receive the Passport request.
I'd just note that the practice of when or even if they send pre arrival services letter is all over the place.

Best I can summarize is it is hardly ever a bad sign, usually a good sign.

Not getting it at same time as other files or applicants does not mean much because of lack of consistency. Ie No-one should freak out because they didn't get it. It could mean something - but it could mean nothing at all.

Reactions: Skkhan

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
@spousalCase416 thanks a lot for your reply , so this concludes that I just sit pretty and wait for the ppr inshaAllah, if they have committed two weeks then probably they would be sending me a final decision of positivity inshaAllah in two weeks only otherwise I would shake them up again in two weeks time.
Also the email answer came to me as quite weird as I have not seen anybody receiving an email with specific timelines .Even I have received those generic email before whenever I inquired before from lvo

Skkhan

Feb 26, 2020
I'd just note that the practice of when or even if they send pre arrival services letter is all over the place.

Best I can summarize is it is hardly ever a bad sign, usually a good sign.

Not getting it at same time as other files or applicants does not mean much because of lack of consistency. Ie No-one should freak out because they didn't get it. It could mean something - but it could mean nothing at all.
@armoured thank you for your reply actually receiving an email from them specifying a certain timeline caused anxiety and eagerness in me so I thought I should inquire from you all to calm myself down and raise some hopes of positivity in me so that the 12 days left for the two weeks to finish can come to an end faster