+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

SQu

Nov 26, 2019
well our file got moved to Warsaw Poland..,found out when inquired about status...anyone else?

Myra obaid

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
you will get the news soon InshAllah when it's your turn, everyone will. just dont worry cause it's not gonna change anything rathar will get you frustrated, so be calm and pray.
Insha'Allah.... i am worried because almost everyone got DM one week after their remedical ...and i haven't even after 2 weeks of remedical..:(

SaamiA12

Apr 1, 2021
Saami bhai when you did inquiry to ircc regarding your DM. You receive this kind of email? Please then let me know thank you
Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in Canada. We are looking forward to having you here.

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we’re experiencing longer than usual processing delays. Rest assured, we are still actively processing your Family Class – Spouses & Partners application, but it will take longer than usual to get back to you.

This also means that we are unable to provide accurate processing times on individual applications at this time. As a result, we have removed the progress bar in the online account of Family Class – Spouses & Partners clients. You can still get the most current information about the status of your Family Class – Spouses & Partners application by checking the ‘Details about application status’ section in your online account.

In order to provide you with the most up-to-date information about our current processing capacity, we are posting weekly updates on expected processing delays by type of application.

Keep us informed of your situation
While you wait, please contact us to let us know of any changes in your application, such as a change to your situation or contact information.

Important information about Canada’s travel restrictions due to COVID-19
To protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even when your application is complete, you may not be able to travel to Canada right away. As the COVID-19 situation changes, we regularly update our website. Visit the coronavirus disease page on the IRCC website to find the latest information before you make travel plans, and again before departing for Canada, to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada.

We are sorry to keep you waiting and thank you for your patience,

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Yes I got that and one other for my inquiry saying my file is in process.

star1994

Feb 15, 2021
Insha'Allah.... i am worried because almost everyone got DM one week after their remedical ...and i haven't even after 2 weeks of remedical..:(
Not true... people get DM 1 week after medical status changes to PASSED. Medical status takes up to 1 week to change to passed after that you get DM.

Reactions: Myra obaid

Alizahid222

Apr 7, 2021
No I didn't get interview letter. 2019 sempteber applicant ADR sumitted in nobvember 2020 and DM was made first week of march . After that my represntive did inquiry through webform Thy send this email.
Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in Canada. We are looking forward to having you here.

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we’re experiencing longer than usual processing delays. Rest assured, we are still actively processing your Family Class – Spouses & Partners application, but it will take longer than usual to get back to you.

This also means that we are unable to provide accurate processing times on individual applications at this time. As a result, we have removed the progress bar in the online account of Family Class – Spouses & Partners clients. You can still get the most current information about the status of your Family Class – Spouses & Partners application by checking the ‘Details about application status’ section in your online account.

In order to provide you with the most up-to-date information about our current processing capacity, we are posting weekly updates on expected processing delays by type of application.

Keep us informed of your situation
While you wait, please contact us to let us know of any changes in your application, such as a change to your situation or contact information.

Important information about Canada’s travel restrictions due to COVID-19
To protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even when your application is complete, you may not be able to travel to Canada right away. As the COVID-19 situation changes, we regularly update our website. Visit the coronavirus disease page on the IRCC website to find the latest information before you make travel plans, and again before departing for Canada, to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada.

We are sorry to keep you waiting and thank you for your patience,

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
I didn't get pre arrival and PPR.

Hey not trying to be rude but u have a high chance of refusal. Even my sister got DM without Pre-arrival, medical extension, or remedical. She got refusal 26 days after DM sadly... I would suggest ordering your GCMS notes just to be on the safe side in case you get refusal you will know why and be ready to appeal. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Reactions: armoured

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Timeline: Applied Dec 2019
Biometrics/Medical January 2020
AOR2 Late July 2020.
ADR Dec 17 2020.
PreArrival & Remedical March 12 2021
Remedical appointment March 25
Remedical passed March 31
DM April 1st
PPR April 7

Hope this helps! Praying for everyone to get their processes completed soon InshAllah.
congrats!!

Alhumdulleh

Dec 19, 2020
When your status got changed on gc key? Once iom submits, how many days it take for gc key status to get updated
In a Week. I wasn't checking mine. Thought it gonna take 8 weeks so i shouldn't check it, not to hurt myself. Lol. Cant thank Allah enough. I was so worried. I do have a medical condition, which is not related to lungs and all. I did show my medical history to them but they gave me additional medical anyway. In the end Its all ok shukar Alhumdulilah.

Zacky it all depends bro.
sputum smear test takes a week.
and culture takes 8 weeks.
if they take ur culture test too. then its gonna long wait.
those guys just did my sputum smear test. may be because i had my reports with me. they knew my condition. It was just their doubt.
So u cant compare with me. I am a bit different. I had my medical history in hand.

so just pray bro
inshaAllah u ll hear good news.
its definitely delays the case. but think about the good news in the end.
when u ll get ur negative reports, all this wait wont bother u.
And the negative report is all that matters now.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Please try to read law of sections about updating or changing your address.....you see changing address is misrepresentation as she is just "VISITING" him with her child whose also a Canadian Citizen but she did not moved permanently there...she does has to explain in her letter about her situation but changing address is not important because she is going back to Canada soon after he gets PPR
She has been there for more than a year. She is 'residing' outside of Canada. It doesn't matter whether this is permanent or not - she is not residing in Canada in any sense.

Regardless as a citizen she is allowed to reside outside Canada while the sponsorship application is being processed.

I repeat my point before: she may be asked to provide information/evidence of intent to return to Canada to reside (which is not onerous and should be possible if she does intent to do so and has maintained some things like Canadian bank accounts, etc).

But it may be distinctly to the advantage of the applicant and spouse in this case to do so because residing together for more than one year is VERY strong evidence of it being a genuine relationship (ie a real marriage).

In this case may be worth applying also for TRV (may get granted but also evidence of intent to return to Canada with spouse), and order gcms notes.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey not trying to be rude but u have a high chance of refusal. Even my sister got DM without Pre-arrival, medical extension, or remedical. She got refusal 26 days after DM sadly... I would suggest ordering your GCMS notes just to be on the safe side in case you get refusal you will know why and be ready to appeal. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
I do not know about chances of refusal but agree that DM without pre-arrival could possibly mean a refusal is coming or a procedural fairness letter - and that ordering gcms notes as soon as possible is advisable. (The problem being that a refusal or procedural fairness letter come with short time periods to respond or appeal and it helps to know - from gcms notes - what possible reasons are in order to prepare.)

Salman Warraich

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Hi everyone,

I filed my husband's outland application in Jun 2019 as a Canadian citizen. After that, I had our baby in late 2019 and came to Pakistan. We submitted our baby's Canadian birth certificate to ircc too. Because of a family emergency, I had to stay here and then the pandemic began in 2020, so I didn't travel back to Canada. I don't want to go back without my husband with me but our application isn't moving. Do I need to inform ircc that I'm not in Canada or can I travel with my husband somehow? If anyone has any idea, please share. Thanks.

Application Received: June 18, 2019
Biometric Done: August 25, 2019
Medical Passed: October 06, 2019
ADRs provided (pol. cer.): November 30, 2019
App. Sent to London Office: January 10, 2020
after that, there was an update: "We started processing your application on October 6, 2020.", which I don't understand.
Hi

You had already provided birth certificate of your child to IRCC don't need to provide any thing else and also don't need to tell them how long u been in pakistan because if you are out of canada for more than 183 days you can be loose residency status as per canadian tax rule so they may ask you to go back canada and provide up to date job paper or mean of support paper so i will advise you to patiently wait for response from IRCC..

regards

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You had already provided birth certificate of your child to IRCC don't need to provide any thing else and also don't need to tell them how long u been in pakistan because if you are out of canada for more than 183 days you can be loose residency status as per canadian tax rule so they may ask you to go back canada and provide up to date job paper or mean of support paper so i will advise you to patiently wait for response from IRCC.
This part I bolded makes no sense. Residency status per tax rules is residency status for tax purposes only. For a citizen, it has no direct effect upon the ability to sponsor. "Losing" the residency status for tax purposes is irrelevant - and at any rate, gaming the rules by pretending to be in Canada (for tax purposes? doesn't make sense to me) could have potentially negative repercussions.

And overall a spousal sponsorship does not have a fixed income or job requirement, and I don't even know what is meant here by a 'means of support paper.'

IRCC can certainly determine whether the sponsor is in Canada or not. There's no good reason to 'hide' it for a citizen and potential negative consequences. On the contrary in this case residing with the spouse and informing IRCC may help with the application as they are (presumably) living together and supports the genuine nature of relationship.

Last edited: