AOR Received.
19-10-2019
File Transfer...
28-02-2020
Med's Request
25-10-2019
Med's Done....
08-11-2019
My dads wife application got remedical request yesterday and pre arrival today I noticed just now.

Timeline is June 3, 2019 submitted application, ADR2 in Early Dec 2020 and the two updates this week.

Thought I would try to give some hope to you guys since I used this forum when my wife was going through this process too. She’s finished luckily and with me here in Canada but I feel for you people who are still going through this and hope you will be reunited with your spouses soon. :)
Hi
Can you tell the exact date for Dec when ADR was submitted.
Thanks

Usman tariq

Apr 16, 2019
Hi Please can Someone help on this one have submitted the documents on March 2020 no Updates after that May 2019 Applicants Thanks.
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 6, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 7, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on November 6, 2019.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on July 4, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on February 3, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Mohammad123

Mar 16, 2021
Hi there, my wife's appeal is allowed on January 11, 2021, But I did not get anything from immigration yet. I am worried about it. I had sponsored in May 2018. Do you have an idea how long they will take.
Thanks

Umbii09

Oct 30, 2020
1st October 2019, still waiting for ADR
I am so worried wat if LVO stops working again... n there is no progress on my file

samsung_me

Jan 24, 2020
I have a question regarding info sharing. On our application it shows they looked at two countries. US and New Zealand. Is it mandatory for them to look at all the 5 countries they have an alliance with? Additionally if we had a visit visa rejection from US is that a big problem?
There is an intelligence alliance called Five, includes UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, they do share information together at many platforms including immigration, getting a visa rejection wouldn't hurt anything as long as you disclose it in application and explain what happened, DO NOT TRY TO HIDE IT, you could get banned for 5 years.

spousalCase416

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hi Please can Someone help on this one have submitted the documents on March 2020 no Updates after that May 2019 Applicants Thanks.
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 6, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 7, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on November 6, 2019.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on July 4, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on February 3, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
You should inquire about your application through the webform or ask your MP! That's a long wait.

Reactions: esam99 and armoured

Usman tariq

Apr 16, 2019
You should inquire about your application through the webform or ask your MP! That's a long wait.
Hi Thanks for the reply received this today what does this mean.
Hello,
We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify
to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These
services are only available to you before you enter Canada.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider
organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend
that you use pre-arrival services. They can help you to:
• Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada;
• Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates
recognized in Canada;
• Connect with employers; and
• Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including
language training, after you arrive in Canada.
Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal
government or the provincial or territorial government of your destination:
You will need to provide a copy of this letter when you register with the service providers
listed on the IRCC website.
Join us on Facebook ( ) and follow us on Twitter www.facebook.com/CitCanada
( ) for regular updates on immigration, settlement
services and citizenship.
www.twitter.com/CitImmCanada
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,
We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify
to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada.
Roughly, it means approval-in-principle. No-one knows precisely how their systems work - probably visa officer has no further issues but has not yet been approved by "decision maker" (boss in other words). Usually followed by decision made (presumably by decision maker) and passport request.

No, no-one can tell you how long that might take - can be fairly short or longer, esp in covid times.

And yes, it is possible - although quite unlikely - to have further questions, document requests or even refusal later. But again, unlikely.

RisingXPhoenix

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
29-01-2019
Doc's Request.
23-11-2019
AOR Received.
04-02-2019
File Transfer...
04-10-2019
Med's Request
03-2019 and 03-2020
Med's Done....
18-04-2019 and 04-2020
Passport Req..
13-08-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-09-2020
Hello,
to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider
organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend
• Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates
recognized in Canada;
Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal
You will need to provide a copy of this letter when you register with the service providers
Sincerely,
This is pre arrival letter. It means you passed eligibility phase of the process. It is usually given near the very end of the process before getting a decision about your case or it usually comes along with a remedical request but then decision made and passport request which is the very end obviously.

azfar11

Jan 29, 2020
Hello,
recognized in Canada;
Sincerely,
Congrats that’s pre arrival

Reactions: esam99

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
In order to get semblance of the LVO process, I did some digging and came across their AOR2 email, which seems to have some pretty detailed information on the process. Since not everyone receives it and speculates at what is going on, consolidating some of the bullets below. ( All of this is from their email, so credit for this is to LVO ).

Basic Info about LVO :

1. The processing of applications starts in order of received date but once the file is in process, how long it will take to finalize the application depends on the complexity of the file. This explains why files are not finalized in the same order they were received.

2. The IRCC Office in London is a large office responsible for 18 countries including Pakistan, Afghanistan, and certain countries in Europe and the Gulf. Due to the volume of applications we receive it may be a few months before we start active processing of your application.

3. Contact LVO if you don't hear anything in 3 months after of AOR2 ( In Process status second time ).
Steps done at LVO :

1. Pre-assessment done by Case Analysts. They don't make a decision. ( probably the part now outsourced to other VOs ). They go over facts of the application. Also receive ADR at this stage.
  2. File then assigned to officer.
    A. First step is Eligibility - whether we meet basic requirements.
    B. Second step is Admissibility ( background check ) - this closely follows Eligibility. Can be extended in case of Criminal records, security concerns or medical issues. Some reviews also done by partner agencies at this stage.

3. After eligibility has passed you'll receive 'eligibility letter informing you of the positive eligibility decision and providing information to help you prepare for immigration'.

4. Admissibility is complete shortly after Eligibility. 60 days or less is usual time to hear back after eligibility letter ( assume this is pre-arrival ).

5. You receive an interview if there is an issue with either Eligibility or Admissibility.
Hope this provides some idea about the process and why we feel we are stuck. Every file is different and sometimes different steps are taking longer.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hope this provides some idea about the process and why we feel we are stuck. Every file is different and sometimes different steps are taking longer.
I'd just warn that the timeframes mentioned in the letter you quoted (most helpful) are almost certainly not being met during covid.

The process stuff likely still mostly true but not the timeframes.