AOR 1 March 4 2019
BM March 3
SA March 8
Med Pass March 22
File transfer to LVO Oct 15
AOR2 Nov 6
PPR March 16 2020
COPR March 19

I got the passport back April 21 and my wife visa expires on May 20 . They never gave her re medical and there are no commercial flights available cause of lockdown. Also I could not find any ticket in special flight coz we got the passport few days ago.
I have to apply for extension as the situation is beyond my control.

adk99

Nov 5, 2018
did u get the passport request in april form London visa office? as I have seen there has not been any work or updates to anyone since march 20 from lvo
Yes I got the passport back April 21 and my wife visa expires on May 20 . They never gave her re medical and there are no commercial flights available cause of lockdown. Also I could not find any ticket in special flight coz we got the passport few days ago.

Last edited:

adk99

Nov 5, 2018
This is the response I got from LVO on April 22

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your email. We are glad you received your document.

Please note that your application will not be closed or refused if you are not able to travel within the validity of these documents due to COVID-19 travel restrictions.

If you are unable to travel before your documents expire, please contact our office using a IRCC Web form within 90 days following expiry of your documents.

An extension to the validity of your documents will require a review of your application by an officer, to determine whether any new assessments, including a new immigration medical examination are required.

Please consult IRCC’s web page on how COVID-19 is affecting immigration services and Canada’s Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak site for the most up to date information.

We trust that this information will be of assistance and thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.

Sincerely,
SH

Sameer ansar

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Afghanistan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London visa office
NOC Code......
AOR 1 March 4 2019
BM March 3
SA March 8
Med Pass March 22
File transfer to LVO Oct 15
AOR2 Nov 6
PPR March 16 2020
COPR March 19

I got the passport back April 21 and my wife visa expires on May 20 . They never gave her re medical and there are no commercial flights available cause of lockdown. Also I could not find any ticket in special flight coz we got the passport few days ago.
Wow congrates
This means that lvo is working

ahsin1

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Yes I got the passport back April 21 and my wife visa expires on May 20 . They never gave her re medical and there are no commercial flights available cause of lockdown. Also I could not find any ticket in special flight coz we got the passport few days ago.
Where did you submit the passport? Isn’t Pakistan under lockdown?

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
Today (30th April 2020), IRCC (Federal) have increased Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) from CA$490 to CA$500 (difference of CA$10). The remaining fees have not changed.

Current Fees :

► With RPRF Fees - CA$1,050
→ including CA$75 - Sponsorship fee
→ including CA$475 - PA processing fee
→ including CA$500 - RPRF fee

► Without RPRF Fees - CA$550
→ including CA$75 - Sponsorship fee
→ including CA$475 - PA processing fee

► Biometric Fees (unchanged)
→ CA$85 - Per Person
→ CA$170 - Per Family / 2 or more people

NOTE: RPRF Fees can also be paid later during processing of application or when visa officer request you to pay.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Source(s):

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
We don't know, when LVO will open and start processing, in the mean time can we apply for Visit Visa , and other formalities like criminal record may be completed when in Canada. Is it possible.
IRCC has suspended visit visa application since April 10 unless u can proof ur travel is essential n i doubt visiting ur spouse in this time would be considered essential

Reactions: Ella 22

sohail786

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
IRCC has suspended visit visa application since April 10 unless u can proof ur travel is essential n i doubt visiting ur spouse in this time would be considered essential
AOA, Thanks for your comments. I have two minor children , who are Canadian Citizen , are with my wife in Pakistan . My children can't travel to Canada without mother . I don't know if they may consider it as an essential travel in this case .

ahsin1

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Reuniting family is consider essential. There is an exemption for immediate family members.