+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Khuram Toor

Mar 26, 2020
Hi,
I want to know something about Canadian law. Actually my brother in law who has Canadian 'PR', divorced his first wife in Canada 24 month ago & got married with my sister 14 months ago in Pakistan. Now he is in Canada & not sponsoring his second wife for canada. He is saying that it's a Canadian law not to allow a PR man to sponsor his second wife for canada till 5 years after divorced his first wife. If he do so, he will be arrested and paid fine. Can you confirm me about such type of law? Is it true or fake? Please guide me I am worried about my sister.

AliHasan4cu

Star Member
Nov 16, 2019
Hi,
I want to know something about Canadian law. Actually my brother in law who has Canadian 'PR', divorced his first wife in Canada 24 month ago & got married with my sister 14 months ago in Pakistan. Now he is in Canada & not sponsoring his second wife for canada. He is saying that it's a Canadian law not to allow a PR man to sponsor his second wife for canada till 5 years after divorced his first wife. If he do so, he will be arrested and paid fine. Can you confirm me about such type of law? Is it true or fake? Please guide me I am worried about my sister.
He is right you cant sponsor anyone in five years no matter you get divorced or whatever happens.

samsung_me

Jan 24, 2020
Hi,
Hi is right. If someone sponsored him as a spouse. He can't sponsor your sister for 5 years or until he gets his Canadian passport.

Regards