+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Pakigirl

May 9, 2019
Hi All,

have a question. I applied for my husband's Canadian PR in February 2019, and it has been going through the slow process. As per the GCMS notes his Criminality is passed but is under review for security and eligibility. Today, we received a letter from LVO asking to appear for the interview, which could be anytime in less than 6 months in Islamabad or Abu Dhabi or he can come to London, for a quicker interview date.

Has anyone experienced sth similar, or knows how quickly interviews take place if they are in Islamabad or Abu Dhabi?

Would really appreciate some advice!
They didn’t inform u for the interview before?

Pakigirl

May 9, 2019
not at all, we just got the email today.
you didn't email them when your 12 months were over on Feb 12? why are they telling you this now. And Interviews usually happen according to the time they set up which can be between the period of 6 months.

a_ela

Feb 13, 2020
you didn't email them when your 12 months were over on Feb 12? why are they telling you this now. And Interviews usually happen according to the time they set up which can be between the period of 6 months.
We did email them and they said its in process. Do you think it is a bad sign?
What should we do, really stuck. Also we applied without a lawyer, so feel helpless.

Ohdontyousee

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Visa Office......
London
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-6-2019
File Transfer...
12-12-2019
What should we do, really stuck. Also we applied without a lawyer, so feel helpless.
Since your application is past 12 months frame. I suggest you raise a webform to LVO and ask if you can submit anything to waive the interview.

It is worth a try.

If they want you to attend interview, doing in London is much faster than having go wait for them in another country. Be prepared either way

Pakigirl

May 9, 2019
Do you have any red flags? Have you guys visited each other durning ur application process? And dw it’s not a bad sign, it’s just unfortunate because it extends your wait time which sucks!

a_ela

Feb 13, 2020
Since your application is past 12 months frame. I suggest you raise a webform to LVO and ask if you can submit anything to waive the interview.

It is worth a try.

If they want you to attend interview, doing in London is much faster than having go wait for them in another country. Be prepared either way
thank you so much, that is a great idea. Will drop a message on the webform. And yes, its better to go and give the interview than not.

a_ela

Feb 13, 2020
Do you have any red flags? Have you guys visited each other durning ur application process? And dw it’s not a bad sign, it’s just unfortunate because it extends your wait time which sucks!
yes, i have been traveling home a lot, thrice in the year. and I don't think it has to do with eligibility, we have been married 5 years almost, and provided all the proof.

Sa.Ab

Nov 21, 2019
yes, i have been traveling home a lot, thrice in the year. and I don't think it has to do with eligibility, we have been married 5 years almost, and provided all the proof.
There is a part in the application that asked if you have been married more than 2 years. I think its because you applied for your spousal sponsorship after 2 years that's why they are asking for an interview.

a_ela

Feb 13, 2020
There is a part in the application that asked if you have been married more than 2 years. I think its because you applied for your spousal sponsorship after 2 years that's why they are asking for an interview.
oh really, so they would want more proof of the marriage. Interesting, because the GCMS notes were very positive regarding the relation and the officer had written that the marriage appears to be genuine and have enough proof and pictures to see that.
I just hope this process ends soon. Do you have any idea how quickly they give an appointment in London for the interview?

Sameer ansar

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Afghanistan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London visa office
NOC Code......
oh really, so they would want more proof of the marriage. Interesting, because the GCMS notes were very positive regarding the relation and the officer had written that the marriage appears to be genuine and have enough proof and pictures to see that.
I just hope this process ends soon. Do you have any idea how quickly they give an appointment in London for the interview?
Both of you go for the interview it is good for your approval if you sucessfully pass your interview they will give your passport for visa after interview inshallah