+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

q89

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
hello I need some help from you guys any one knows good experienced desi lawyer for family law and spousal immigration .
please help me to finding experienced attorney in law .. in GTA area please any recommendation .
thanks

I don't know a lawyer but I went to this agent she filled my application for me for spousal immigration. She's at Danforth ave Toronto. Her email is kauser.royal@gmail.com

canada2222

Dec 14, 2017
please advice or suggests any experienced desi lawyer in GTA area who is expert in family law and spousal application ..
any one here recommendations ...

arbab.amjad85

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
I visited my wife last month as well for our anniversary. How would one send proof of visit? email the proof or upload on GCKey?

EDIT: GCKey doesnt allow uploading additional documents unless theyve asked for additional documents.
Here is the link on where to submit the documnets. Please include entry and exit stamps on the passport, Borading cards, itinerary and lots of pics. You may want to submit a few times to include all the documents

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Click on tell us more
click on Yes
click on Yes again, since LVO is the visa office
Choose United Kindom-London, then clcik on go to web form
Select Permanent Residence in Type of application
Write a short message giving the backdrop of the submission, i.e. visiting the spouse
In Applicant information, fill out the person being sponsored
In the enquirer's area fill out sponsor's info
Click on agree of consent and then Next

If you have any more questions feel free to post here

arbab.amjad85

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Need some guidance/help.

I am July 13, 2018 applicant. File transferred to LVO on December 17, 2018. Background Status started on April 08, 2019 and very next day (i.e. April 09, 2019) got pre-arrival.

You can observe from this forum (Facebook group, and WhatsApp LVO July 2018 group), most of the people from July 2018 got PPR. Since pre-arrival, we haven't heard anything. Me and my wife are really worried. There is nothing, to best of our understanding, which makes our case different from other normal cases.

Questions:
1. What is the true meaning of prearrival letter? Is it that CIC accepted/verified that our relationship is genuine? Or something different?
2. Despite the fact CIC internal process is highly unpredictable, Can we get some idea what would be the next step in the process? If it is the passport request, in how much time should we expect the request? GCKEy is still showing background in the process.

Your guidance/help shall be highly appreciated.
Zainabejaz is correct. I am May applicant and my file transferred to LVO on July 14th 2018. Not a peep since. You should start getting excited and as long as your spouse does not have extensive travel history the background check should be quick :)

ali.akbar988

Apr 21, 2019
Asalam o Alaikom,

Can any one kindly guide me through some queries regarding spouse sponsorship application. I am a PR and submitted my spouse sponsorship application on January 2018. I received a procedural fairness letter last week giving us one month to show that our marriage is genuine. The details are copied from the letter and pasted as under;

""I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears as though your sponsor may not be an eligible sponsor as per R133 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2002 (IRPA), and as a result you are unable to become a permanent resident as per R120(b).

Section 120 of the regulations states that for the purposes of Part 5 of the regulations,

(a) a permanent resident visa shall not be issued to a foreign national who makes an application as a member of the family class or to their accompanying family members unless a sponsorship undertaking in respect of the foreign national and those family members is in effect; and

(b) a foreign national who makes an application as a member of the family class and their accompanying family members shall not become permanent residents unless a sponsorship undertaking in respect of the foreign national and those family members is in effect and the sponsor who gave that undertaking still meets the requirements of section 133 and, if applicable, section 137.

Section 133 of the regulations states that:

133. (1) A sponsorship application shall only be approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision is made with respect to the application, there is evidence that the sponsor

(a) is a sponsor as described in section 130;

130. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who

(b) resides in Canada

Question: I am residing in Canada since March 2017. Does the below documents satisfy the requirement of section 133 and 130

1. Monthly bank account and credit card statements?
2. Notice of Assessment for 2017, T1 general for 2018?
3. Confirmation of enrollment letter from my university?
4. Employment letter from my company?

Additionally, subsection 4(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that for the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership

(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or

(b) is not genuine.

I am concerned with the lack of evidence of continuous communication between you and your sponsor, which I find very unusual in a marital relationship. This apparent deviation from the cultural norm raises concerns regarding you and your sponsor’s commitment to each other in a bona fide relationship. In addition, it does not appear your sponsor has visited you since the marriage.

Question: We had submitted part of our chat history from Facebook Messenger. Do we need to submit all our chat history which is around 1100 pages?

In the absence of this evidence, I have concerns regarding the bona fides of the relationship. Before a final decision regarding your sponsor’s eligibility is made, you are being given 30 days to provide an explanation and any additional information/documentation you may wish to submit. The information/documentation you submit must be sufficient to clearly demonstrate that the above definition is/definitions are met. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation in addition to a photocopy of the original document.

Please provide:

1. Additional details of the circumstances leading to your marriage. Who introduced you to your sponsor? How were your family and the family of your sponsor connected before your marriage?

Question: Should we mention the whole cultural procedure that we have in our society for arranged marriages?

2. Additional photos showing you with your sponsor after your wedding including pictures taken during outings together.

Question: Is it okay if I send them around 400 pictures from 2015 to date? :)

3. Evidence of maintained communication with your sponsor during all periods apart since your wedding including a selection of internet chat records. Please ensure that the records cover the duration of your relationship and clearly indicate that the communication was between you and your sponsor.

Question: Is it okay if I send 1100 pages of facebook messenger chat history as an evidence of maintained communication? :)

4. Passport stamps and photos if your sponsor has visited you in Afghanistan since the submission of your application. Please provide an explanation if you have not seen your sponsor since their return to Canada.

Question: Is it a spelling mistake by the case officer that he is asking me to visit my spouse in Afghanistan rather than Pakistan?

5. Evidence of your sponsor's residence in Canada such as payslips, tax documents and bank statements listing transactions.

6. A police certificate from Pakistan.

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
So sorry to hear that sister! Unfortunately thats a sad reality/ however, I would suggest just give it some more time and don’t rush in complaining and if u have a feelings for him pray to Allah that he comes back and realize his mistakes
Comes back ? For what ? To hurt her again ?
Just get a consultation from a lawyer and try to get to him legally .
He shouldn’t be allowed to use her like this

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Asalam o Alaikom,

Can any one kindly guide me through some queries regarding spouse sponsorship application. I am a PR and submitted my spouse sponsorship application on January 2018. I received a procedural fairness letter last week giving us one month to show that our marriage is genuine. The details are copied from the letter and pasted as under;

""I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears as though your sponsor may not be an eligible sponsor as per R133 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2002 (IRPA), and as a result you are unable to become a permanent resident as per R120(b).

Section 120 of the regulations states that for the purposes of Part 5 of the regulations,

(a) a permanent resident visa shall not be issued to a foreign national who makes an application as a member of the family class or to their accompanying family members unless a sponsorship undertaking in respect of the foreign national and those family members is in effect; and

(b) a foreign national who makes an application as a member of the family class and their accompanying family members shall not become permanent residents unless a sponsorship undertaking in respect of the foreign national and those family members is in effect and the sponsor who gave that undertaking still meets the requirements of section 133 and, if applicable, section 137.

Section 133 of the regulations states that:

133. (1) A sponsorship application shall only be approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision is made with respect to the application, there is evidence that the sponsor

(a) is a sponsor as described in section 130;

130. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who

(b) resides in Canada

Question: I am residing in Canada since March 2017. Does the below documents satisfy the requirement of section 133 and 130

1. Monthly bank account and credit card statements?
2. Notice of Assessment for 2017, T1 general for 2018?
3. Confirmation of enrollment letter from my university?
4. Employment letter from my company?

Additionally, subsection 4(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that for the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership

(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or

(b) is not genuine.

I am concerned with the lack of evidence of continuous communication between you and your sponsor, which I find very unusual in a marital relationship. This apparent deviation from the cultural norm raises concerns regarding you and your sponsor’s commitment to each other in a bona fide relationship. In addition, it does not appear your sponsor has visited you since the marriage.

Question: We had submitted part of our chat history from Facebook Messenger. Do we need to submit all our chat history which is around 1100 pages?

In the absence of this evidence, I have concerns regarding the bona fides of the relationship. Before a final decision regarding your sponsor’s eligibility is made, you are being given 30 days to provide an explanation and any additional information/documentation you may wish to submit. The information/documentation you submit must be sufficient to clearly demonstrate that the above definition is/definitions are met. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation in addition to a photocopy of the original document.

Please provide:

1. Additional details of the circumstances leading to your marriage. Who introduced you to your sponsor? How were your family and the family of your sponsor connected before your marriage?

Question: Should we mention the whole cultural procedure that we have in our society for arranged marriages?

2. Additional photos showing you with your sponsor after your wedding including pictures taken during outings together.

Question: Is it okay if I send them around 400 pictures from 2015 to date? :)

3. Evidence of maintained communication with your sponsor during all periods apart since your wedding including a selection of internet chat records. Please ensure that the records cover the duration of your relationship and clearly indicate that the communication was between you and your sponsor.

Question: Is it okay if I send 1100 pages of facebook messenger chat history as an evidence of maintained communication? :)

4. Passport stamps and photos if your sponsor has visited you in Afghanistan since the submission of your application. Please provide an explanation if you have not seen your sponsor since their return to Canada.

Question: Is it a spelling mistake by the case officer that he is asking me to visit my spouse in Afghanistan rather than Pakistan?

5. Evidence of your sponsor's residence in Canada such as payslips, tax documents and bank statements listing transactions.

6. A police certificate from Pakistan.
1. Simply explain how you two met (or if someone introduced you guys), and if applicable how the two families were connected before the marriage. Just focus on explaining your own relationship :) They know the cultural norms and they prefer straight forward answers.

2. Did you get married in 2015? They are only asking for the pictures taken after the marriage. Either way, pick the best 20 to 30 pictures (or less if you dont have that many) showing you 2 together on different occasions after the marriage.

3. No they are not interested in 1100 pages. We use WhatsApp. I took one screenshot from each week over the 1 year we were apart. So that was about 52 screenshots. I then put them all in a word file (3 screenshots per page). So that was about 17 pages. Enough to show on-going communication and easier for them to review. Quality over quantity matters! You can do something similar with facebook messenger chat. If you have audio/video call records then send them those as well.

4. Probably...but the important thing is that they are asking you to send proof of your visit to your spouse after the marriage. If you didn't visit her then provide explanation why you couldn't.

5. Yes pay slip, employment letter, tax documents, bank statement etc will do.

Last edited:
Reactions: ali.akbar988

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Comes back ? For what ? To hurt her again ?
Just get a consultation from a lawyer and try to get to him legally .
He shouldn’t be allowed to use her like this
If the lady still has feelings for her then a second chance has to be given. Marriage is the most sacred relationship and one has to do everything possible to save it. I did the same

Mirolomi

Jul 7, 2018
I am 2017 applicant;
Remedical- done in July 2018
Interview - done Jan 2019
Additional docs - done
Police certificate- done

Pre arrival - received feb 2019

Background check in process..

Waiting for DM / PPR

ali.akbar988

Apr 21, 2019
1. Simply explain how you two met (or if someone introduced you guys), and if applicable how the two families were connected before the marriage. Just focus on explaining your own relationship :) They know the cultural norms and they prefer straight forward answers.

2. Did you get married in 2015? They are only asking for the pictures taken after the marriage. Either way, pick the best 20 to 30 pictures (or less if you dont have that many) showing you 2 together on different occasions after the marriage.

3. No they are not interested in 1100 pages. We use WhatsApp. I took one screenshot from each week over the 1 year we were apart. So that was about 52 screenshots. I then put them all in a word file (3 screenshots per page). So that was about 17 pages. Enough to show on-going communication and easier for them to review. Quality over quantity matters! You can do something similar with facebook messenger chat. If you have audio/video call records then send them those as well.

4. Probably...but the important thing is that they are asking you to send proof of your visit to your spouse after the marriage. If you didn't visit her then provide explanation why you couldn't.

5. Yes pay slip, employment letter, tax documents, bank statement etc will do.
Thank you so much. Highly appreciated :)

HannahZM

Aug 27, 2018
1) Does the passport go to london office for visa stamping or to canadian embassy in residing country of applicant?

2) how long does it take for passport to return from embassy?