+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Glaciergal

May 3, 2018
Yes you can if you have lived together for over a year and have shared lease, bills etc.
Thing is I got married two years ago in Pakistan but we were living in U.A.E at that time. Due to financial instability we had to move to Pakistan. I submitted my application to sponsor my husband in March 2018, 13 months after we got married under Family Class Spouse. Since we did not sign our Nikkah nama in front of witnesses, our marriage has become invalid. We want to convert our application to common law because we submitted our application 13 months after getting married, we just need proof of cohabitation. I am in Pakistan now, I cannot get a joint account in U.A.E now but I do have a joint bank account with my husband here in Pakistan but the statement will reflect my address here in Lahore. I was living in U.A.E on an on arrival visa so I do not have any proof of address on any documents from U.A.E but I have provided CIC with my U.A.E address on a form submitted with my original application package last year. The only proof that I can get is the affidavit from my brother-in-law, do you think that would be good enough?
Thankyou so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

kashifaziz

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Thing is I got married two years ago in Pakistan but we were living in U.A.E at that time. Due to financial instability we had to move to Pakistan. I submitted my application to sponsor my husband in March 2018, 13 months after we got married under Family Class Spouse. Since we did not sign our Nikkah nama in front of witnesses, our marriage has become invalid. We want to convert our application to common law because we submitted our application 13 months after getting married, we just need proof of cohabitation. I am in Pakistan now, I cannot get a joint account in U.A.E now but I do have a joint bank account with my husband here in Pakistan but the statement will reflect my address here in Lahore. I was living in U.A.E on an on arrival visa so I do not have any proof of address on any documents from U.A.E but I have provided CIC with my U.A.E address on a form submitted with my original application package last year. The only proof that I can get is the affidavit from my brother-in-law, do you think that would be good enough?
Thankyou so much for your help, I really appreciate it.
Im not an expert, but if you provide any documents with both of you together, pictures of the wedding etc, and a well written letter of explanation, it could help your case. But i would advise you to fix your Nikahnama. How did your Nikahnama become "invalid"? If you were issued a Nikahnama in presence of a Molvi, and has the Local Municipality stamp on it, then it shouldnt be an issue.

Reactions: Prabhjotmona

Emaan3

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Visa Office......
London
Hi everyone
If my husband come to canada with visit visa will that affect our sponsership process?
Is it possible to do so ??

Glaciergal

May 3, 2018
Hi Guys
I have received an explanation of the documents required by LVO in the PFL. They need an explanation for why I applied for PR after 13 months of my marriage. They think my marriage is not genuine because of this. I do not even understand why this is an issue. What is the right explanation that we can provide for this?

attitudeguyz

May 7, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi Guys
I have received an explanation of the documents required by LVO in the PFL. They need an explanation for why I applied for PR after 13 months of my marriage. They think my marriage is not genuine because of this. I do not even understand why this is an issue. What is the right explanation that we can provide for this?
Hi Guys
what is your timeline?

woyaodeshihulu

May 25, 2018
Just a question, why does LVO send PFL for explanation of the relationship/marriage? I thought if they have doubt in marriage, they will just ask for an interview? Do they send PFL a lot so they can reduce the numbers of cases for interview?

Kazem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-03-2017
Hey guys, I'm confused and need help here.

I am a Permanent Resident and am currently a Full-Time Master's Student in Canada, having just arrived in Sept. 2018.
I have a part-time job, so no steady income.
I have also taken a small Federal/Provincial Student Loan to support my studies.

I will do nikkah in mid-feb and want to sponsor my wife.

As I do not have the relevant income requirement, am I eligible to apply for my spouses PR? If not, can I apply for her Open Work Permit, being a full-time student?

Please try to give as detailed an answer as possible as I'm very concerned and confused.

mishalk

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hey guys, I'm confused and need help here.

I am a Permanent Resident and am currently a Full-Time Master's Student in Canada, having just arrived in Sept. 2018.
I have a part-time job, so no steady income.
I have also taken a small Federal/Provincial Student Loan to support my studies.

I will do nikkah in mid-feb and want to sponsor my wife.

As I do not have the relevant income requirement, am I eligible to apply for my spouses PR? If not, can I apply for her Open Work Permit, being a full-time student?

Please try to give as detailed an answer as possible as I'm very concerned and confused.
You don’t need a minimum income in order to qualify for sponsoring a spouse, and loans don’t effect ur application either. You would only be ineligible if you have taken social assistance from the government (e.g. welfare)
You can find more info on the Gov of https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

Kazem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2017
Doc's Request.
24-03-2017
You don’t need a minimum income in order to qualify for sponsoring a spouse, and loans don’t effect ur application either. You would only be ineligible if you have taken social assistance from the government (e.g. welfare)
You can find more info on the Gov of https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html
Oh i was confused with the checklist saying you had to fill in IMM1283, but it says you only need to fill out this form if your spouse has dependant children.

I don't have children so this would not apply to me then, right?

mishalk

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Oh i was confused with the checklist saying you had to fill in IMM1283, but it says you only need to fill out this form if your spouse has dependant children.

I don't have children so this would not apply to me then, right?
Exactly, but if you want to make your case strong you should attach a letter in which you explain how you plan on supporting your spouse once they are here (e.g. if you have housing, bank balance, etc). If your spouse has qualifications that will allow them to work in Canada, you should mention that in your letter too, to prove that you guys can support yourselves.

Fza.mts

Jan 8, 2019
Hi Guys
Well i have applied after like three years of marriage... I haven't recieved anything yet... But eason wud be my in-laws were not agreed for letting their son go far... Wud dat count?

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Just a FYI, I got additional document request today asking for PCC, chat records, photos, visit to Pak etc. Feb 22, 2018 applicant.

Reactions: ksabir