+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

ar123

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
do we need to update our fb status and profile picture open to public or can it be restricted to friends only?

zubda345

May 28, 2018
do we need to update our fb status and profile picture open to public or can it be restricted to friends only?
It's better if you update your relationship status on facebook and keep that on public, also take screen shot of that and send it with the picture proof of relation.

Sidra123

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
**THIS IS A REPOST AS I GET A FEW INBOX MESSAGES ASKING ME QUESTIONS..HOPE IT HELPS**

Application received in Mississauga date:
December 4th, 2017
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Karachi
Sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Sponsor Approval Date: Feb, 9th, 2018
Application in Process date: March 23rd, 2018
Medical Completed date: Feb 18th, 2018
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): Y
Decision Made Date: June 26th, 2018
Passport Request Date: June 28th, 2018

Let me try and give you guys a few key points which I found unusual/fascinating and learned it from the internet. I hired a lawyer not knowing Lawyers are scumbags but in my case he's one of the nicest people I've met. He's humble and very detailed. He made me run around and made sure our package looks close to PERFECT when I was missing some documents. He said 90% of his clients dont even get Additional Document requests except for some communications probably. Which might be Lawyer BS anyways...lets stay on topic. I met my wife 2 days before the wedding for the first time and stayed in Pakistan for 1 week post wedding. This is somethin I was afraid of as I thought I don't have a very strong case.

We made a nice big package and the main concern for us Pakistanis (unfortunately) is to prove our marriage is legit. So my lawyer was very detailed and informed about London Visa Office and everything.

- I sent about 900 pictures. I am not sure why everyone on internet is so anal about all of this. I personally did not meet anyone I know who sent less than 400 pictures though my lawyer. From pre wedding days to post wedding. Nikkah, Rukhsati pictures. Make sure both faces are visible in Nikkah pictures. Bride and Groom and you guys are surrounded by a bunch of people. In any and every picture possible. Pictures of Rukhsati is a must, with someone holdin Quran on dulhan's head. Send pictures post wedding and walima. Gatherings with family. Print out every single Selfie for all they care!

- Get EVERYTHING translated into English. Nikkah Nama, CNIC CARD, Birth Certificates...hell even Bank card if it has Urdu writing on it. I rem translating my wife's CNIC card to Urdu cause my lawyer said Just get it done. Dont question anythin on internet, just get EVERYTHING translated and ready in your package.

- Collect all bills and receipts from the wedding preparations and afterwards (hall booking, jewellery, clothes, hotel stay, catering, photography, etc) and add it in your package.

- You MUST include Social Media updates. Profile pictures should be of you two. If from the wedding, even better. Whatever family or friends comment, make sure to attach those screenshots in the communication proof. Both Facebook and Instagram. Make sure dates and comments are visible. They will investigate this during Background check.

- Send Additional Documents voluntarily every 20-30 days since March 23rd 2018. Updating them with my communication, video calls, facetime, phone logs, whatsapp conversations, money I transferred, gifts I bought. A big Plus was I visited my wife during our process and I made a separate document highlighting boarding pass, ticket to Pakistan, pictures from the trip, bills, etc. My lawyer said this is a MUST.

- Once file is transferred to LVO, email LVO every month (in the form of additional documents) as well as inquiring about your process. 2 emails a month I sent.

I was never asked for any additional documents. This is somethin I dont see on the internet. So whoever is on the side of DO NOT SEND ANY DOCUMENTS UNTIL ASKED might be bad advice?

I see a some people making judgemental comments and giving very bad advice to the new people here and Facebook group. Some of us are quite in the eye and popular when it comes to making negative comments about the process and Immigration system of Canada on Facebook (or so I noticed). Keep in mind just in case there is that ONE or more employees from LVO who is reading all these comments can really make a big impact on your case. I am just looking out for you guys to be making any negative moves. We have NO idea what can make ANY sort of an impact on our cases. So please be careful and make positive comments, spread positive energy :)

Again I can only speak for myself and there is no right or wrong. Every case is different.
I hope and pray everyone gets their solution to this separation soon.

Ameen.
wow.you are lucky enough

hello-world

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
08-12-2017
Doc's Request.
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
02-03-2018
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2018
LANDED..........
29-12-2018
Please add me to the spreadsheet.

Application received in Mississauga date: Dec. 8, 2017
Location of Principal Applicant (city): Lahore
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Sponsor
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: Citizen
Sponsoring husband or wife: Husband
Sponsor Approval Date: Mar. 2, 2018
Application in Process date: Mar. 23, 2018
Medical Completed date: Mar. 2, 2018
Re-medical request date:
Re-medical performed date:
Medical and Police Request Date: Feb. 20 + Feb. 13
Review of Eligiblity in Progress Date (GCKEY): Mar. 29, 2018
Review of Medical Passed Date (GCKEY): Mar. 2, 2018
Review of submitted document Date (GCKEY):
Background check in progress Date (GCKEY): Sept. 15, 2018
Additional document request date:
Additional documents that are requested:
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): N
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N): Y
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N): N
Interview Date:
Decision Made Date:
Passport Request Date:
COPR & Passport stamped date:

Recieved pre-arrival Sept. 15

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016

Re-medical request date:
Interview Date:
Decision Made Date:
Passport Request Date:

Thanks for your post. I am getting ready to apply in January 2019 since my Nikkah is in Dec. Someone on this thread told me that a Nikkah only application is a sure shot way of getting a rejection, but your post gives me hope. Inshallah you will get through the process soon.

salmanma

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-01-2018

Re-medical request date:
Interview Date:
Decision Made Date:
Passport Request Date:

This is really good news! Means they have finally started working on Dec applicants. Thanks for sharing and Congrats, you are almost there :)

salmanma

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-01-2018

Re-medical request date:
Interview Date:
Decision Made Date:
Passport Request Date:

If you could please provide what kind of documents you provided to support the Nikkah only case and that you will be performing rusksati at a later date. this would be greatly appreciated. My wife's friend is also Nikkah only case and wanted to get some info regarding it.

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Thanks for your post. I am getting ready to apply in January 2019 since my Nikkah is in Dec. Someone on this thread told me that a Nikkah only application is a sure shot way of getting a rejection, but your post gives me hope. Inshallah you will get through the process soon.
That someone gave you wrong info. Many Nikkah only cases got visas no problem. You can check the spread sheet. Most Nikkah only and/or 2nd marriage cases usually take longer than average processing time but it all depends on individual case and the supporting documents you provide. As far as rejection goes, it can happen to any case whether Nikkah only or not. It's all case by case.

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
Hello everyone .. my hubby's interview was today on sept 17 at 1130am .. i was with him .. we were both very relaxed when we got to the embassy .. we travelled via executive car .. didnt take the bus .. we got at the enclave by 930 .. was in the embassy ard 10 .. i didnt take my purse or anything with me, except for my passport, nadra card, and water bottles .. my hubby took all too along with his papers etc .. yes communication proof isnt required but still take it with u .. one guy who was there bought only what was asked in the letter .. bad move! My hubby got called in ard 1145 .. in abt 20 mins he came out and asked me to come in .. we werent allowed to talk in the mean time .. the lady was super friendly .. they r supposed to give no expressions so dont take that being rude .. now here is the list of questions .. mind you, they ask the same sort of questions from the sponsor .. so be very careful ..

1. What will happen if app is rejected?
2. Names of her friends?
3. Name of supervisor and manager?
4. Spare time hobbies?
5. Sports?
6. Fifa final team supported? (My hubby said germany, rather it was croatia vs france .. when she called us back together, i said to hubby that the team was croatia not Germany .. lol .. the lady was laughin at the way i was scoldin my poor hubby .. lol .. atleast yeh shuk to door huwa kay zabardasti ki shahdi nahi hai .. lol)
7. Where did u go last nite? (We went to the mall in islo and ate a bbq platter in dawaat rest.)
8. Fav food?
9. DOB?
10. Previous proposals? Any serious? Any other option?
11. Why her only?
12. She even asked me in the end if i was happy in my marriage ..
13. Asked abt my house and its whereabouts?
14. How do i travel to work?
15. Relationship with ur wife?

She said she is satisfied and finds us eligible and can see us as a genuine case .. she said she cant give visa on spot but will try her level best to speed up the process .. the bgc is done by canadian, not lvo .. so thats in there hands .. so another min. 3 months ..

Please dont look dull while there .. they have cameras there .. they r watchin u .. there was a phasto couple there who looked horribly tired and scared .. i knew abt the camera so i told my hubby abt it .. he and i was very relaxed .. held hands kept laughin and discussin the news ..

I hope this is helpful .. good luck everyone!

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hello everyone .. my hubby's interview was today on sept 17 at 1130am .. i was with him .. we were both very relaxed when we got to the embassy .. we travelled via executive car .. didnt take the bus .. we got at the enclave by 930 .. was in the embassy ard 10 .. i didnt take my purse or anything with me, except for my passport, nadra card, and water bottles .. my hubby took all too along with his papers etc .. yes communication proof isnt required but still take it with u .. one guy who was there bought only what was asked in the letter .. bad move! My hubby got called in ard 1145 .. in abt 20 mins he came out and asked me to come in .. we werent allowed to talk in the mean time .. the lady was super friendly .. they r supposed to give no expressions so dont take that being rude .. now here is the list of questions .. mind you, they ask the same sort of questions from the sponsor .. so be very careful ..

1. What will happen if app is rejected?
2. Names of her friends?
3. Name of supervisor and manager?
4. Spare time hobbies?
5. Sports?
6. Fifa final team supported? (My hubby said germany, rather it was croatia vs france .. when she called us back together, i said to hubby that the team was croatia not Germany .. lol .. the lady was laughin at the way i was scoldin my poor hubby .. lol .. atleast yeh shuk to door huwa kay zabardasti ki shahdi nahi hai .. lol)
7. Where did u go last nite? (We went to the mall in islo and ate a bbq platter in dawaat rest.)
8. Fav food?
9. DOB?
10. Previous proposals? Any serious? Any other option?
11. Why her only?
12. She even asked me in the end if i was happy in my marriage ..
13. Asked abt my house and its whereabouts?
14. How do i travel to work?
15. Relationship with ur wife?

She said she is satisfied and finds us eligible and can see us as a genuine case .. she said she cant give visa on spot but will try her level best to speed up the process .. the bgc is done by canadian, not lvo .. so thats in there hands .. so another min. 3 months ..

Please dont look dull while there .. they have cameras there .. they r watchin u .. there was a phasto couple there who looked horribly tired and scared .. i knew abt the camera so i told my hubby abt it .. he and i was very relaxed .. held hands kept laughin and discussin the news ..

I hope this is helpful .. good luck everyone!

congratulation you did a beautiful job, it's true you be your self these vo are human too but who know's you can get it soon but wow the other couple look stress and worried

Reactions: AHC and ksabir

hello-world

Star Member
Sep 16, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
08-12-2017
Doc's Request.
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
02-03-2018
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2018
LANDED..........
29-12-2018
If you could please provide what kind of documents you provided to support the Nikkah only case and that you will be performing rusksati at a later date. this would be greatly appreciated. My wife's friend is also Nikkah only case and wanted to get some info regarding it.
Our case is a bit different as we are an interracial couple. I came to Pakistan to get married and we had a Nikkah ceremony as well as a Dholak and Walima.

For our supporting docs we provided the following
  • Copy of Nikkah nama
  • Translated version
  • NADRA registered version
  • Supporting letters from friends and family (5 letters)
  • Supporting letter from both of us explaining our relationship. We included our plans for the future saying we will have a reception in Canada for our family and friends here as my family wasn't at the ceremony.
  • Social media posts from FB and chat messages (10 pages)
  • Entry and exit stamps of our trips together
  • 20 photos of our relationship progression (make sure to include you both signing the Nikkah) another couple we know was asked for this after they sent their application
  • Financial support documents
  • Documents that included that my husband was my beneficiary in my pension, insurance, etc.
Let me know if you have any questions!

paki786

Dec 14, 2010
Just curious, for additional documents, it does not say 'we will send you a message if this changes'. Does it mean they dont need additional documents at all or is it normal status and they may still ask for it?

Last edited:
Reactions: ksabir

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
@pakgossin - any update on your file ? as you are May Applicant as well . I haven’t received any email that my files has reached LVO but ecas says, we start processing July 25th

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Just curious, for additional documents, it does not say 'we will send you a message if this changes'. Does it mean they dont need additional documents at all or is it normal status and they may still ask for it?

did this recently changhe for you or has it been like this for a while?

it should mean they dont need anymore docs, but with LVO, you never know for sure...