Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hello esteemed members... I'm a Canadian Permanent Resident living in Toronto, while my soon-to-be spouse (fiance) lives in Karachi. We are going to have the Nikkah ceremony in December 2018 in Karachi and I intend to apply for spousal sponsorship asap. I looked at the forms and documents required and it seems like a very daunting task, does anyone have a link to a helpful guide for people like me.

Also my fiance and I spent some time together in the UK recently and have plenty of pictures from there, do we need to attach pictures of that trip as well or just pictures from Nikkah ceremony will suffice?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Go and do a proper marriage, not just Nikah.
Then sponsor her.
Refer to CIC website for details regarding sponsoring wife

Reactions: zubda345

rizwansadiq

Jan 7, 2018
Category........
FAM
Go and do a proper marriage, not just Nikah.
Then sponsor her.
Refer to CIC website for details regarding sponsoring wife
I would disagree. There are a lot of nikah only cases (as listed on the spreadsheet) who got their applications processed within regular timeframes and without any enhanced scrutiny. Mine was also nikah only case and it got processed within 11 months.

Reactions: zubda345 and posse

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I would disagree. There are a lot of nikah only cases (as listed on the spreadsheet) who got their applications processed within regular timeframes and without any enhanced scrutiny. Mine was also nikah only case and it got processed within 11 months.
So we agree to disagree.
Each to their own.

TRUE LOVE

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
So we agree to disagree.
Each to their own.
I agree with you immigration officer do see only Nikha case suspiciously and that make sense as well because they know Rukhsati is main thing after getting married in our culture and if there are some cases where pepple get lucky if they are not called for an interview that’s their pure luck in my opinion.

Reactions: Braveos and AHC

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
Hi there!

My husband (PA) is an ex-army officer and the AoR of his file is November 27th, 2017. We have two kids together. I ordered gcms notes on july 30th and received them by the end of august in which it is showing that his criminality check is in progress, medical passed and says nothing about security. The report was generated on 31st of july. However, he did receive pre-arrival letter on 25th of aug.

So the question is, would his BGC be extensive due to his past association with the arm forces? cause it’s been going on since the file was transferred to LVO which happened in May 2018 or even before than that.

Any expert opinion will be much appericiated.

Thanks
Yes he will go through some secondary screening process, which will take some time. You need to be patient a bit

Mirolomi

Jul 7, 2018
anyone July 2017 applicant ??

20 July received application.
21 September medical passed.
file transferred to NDVO.
On 10 July 2018 case sent to LDVO from NDVO, redid medical and passed.
status is not change, its more than 13 months now!
contact LDVO via webform they reply : additional review is required, we will contact you in next three months if further request required.

what the fuck is going on ....!!!!!! I cant understand !!!

any Idea ????

arslankhalid88

Apr 1, 2018
Well that sucks... I was stuck in security screening for a year during my own permanent residence application, I'm afraid that they might again put me and my spouse through the same process.
How much time did u take for BGC screening? Exact timeline would be highly appreciated

IrshadM

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
12-10-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
03-02-2019
Hi everyone...
I’m an October applicant - I received notes a week ago, which tell me that my application was BF’d till September 1. In your experience, how long after the BF date did you hear something from CIC?
Also, there are no ‘concerns’ noted by the program assistant who initially reviewed my application. In your experience, how likely is it that CIC will now ask for additional docs to support validity of relationship or interview at this point?
My background/security has been ongoing since February. My MP says it’s normal and to just sit tight - that there is no ‘issue’ there either, processing is simply taking a long time. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
Really - this wait with no word at all is killing me...

Reactions: Khanshayan01

Pak0403

May 31, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
11/10/2017
Doc's Request.
5/12/2017
AOR Received.
5/12/2017
File Transfer...
20/04/2018
Med's Request
7/04/2018
Med's Done....
11/04/2018
Hi everyone...
I’m an October applicant - I received notes a week ago, which tell me that my application was BF’d till September 1. In your experience, how long after the BF date did you hear something from CIC?
Also, there are no ‘concerns’ noted by the program assistant who initially reviewed my application. In your experience, how likely is it that CIC will now ask for additional docs to support validity of relationship or interview at this point?
My background/security has been ongoing since February. My MP says it’s normal and to just sit tight - that there is no ‘issue’ there either, processing is simply taking a long time. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
I am an October applicant and I heard nothing since my file was transferred too, if I may ask what does BF,d means?

Reactions: Khanshayan01

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
Hi everyone...
BF?

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Hi everyone...
what is BF?

Acid

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Why they are unaccompanied?
Hi, My family circumstances didn't allow my wife and 2 children to accompany me and now the situation has changed so I want to sponsor them. Would appreciate if you can direct me to any step by step guide for spousal sponsorship?

Acid

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Hi people, do we need to submit original documents (Nikah Nama, Birth Certificates etc) with spousal sponsorship? If yes, do CIC return them back after processing the application?

Braveos

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
Hi people, do we need to submit original documents (Nikah Nama, Birth Certificates etc) with spousal sponsorship? If yes, do CIC return them back after processing the application?
Yes, they send everything back to you after the whole process