+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

ZK45

Star Member
May 3, 2018
Lots of people are stuck in BGC. Looks like there is huge backlog with CBSA and they dont know how to contain it.

Now 12 months is no more a timeframe. And there is nothing one can do about BGC
Yes it’s true, there are more and more people getting stuck in background checks.
The 12 months timeframe is not guaranteed anymore and it clearly states that on there website.

“From April 2017 to March 2018, the service standard of 12 months was met 73% of the time. 80% of all applications were processed in 15 months. 80% of applications received since December 2016 were processed in less than 12 months. Further reductions are expected as applications from before December 2016 are finalized.”

zubda345

May 28, 2018
How to dealt with these questions? I am in a same boat. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
Just describe.

Describe what actually happened. Arrange or a love marriage, how did it happen, how did you meet how did you talk etc...

zubda345

May 28, 2018
They asked for marriage certificate from NADRas I have it with me but my problem how should I send it to them by air mail or upload online. Also pictures that I have sent to CIC they said it’s not enough so I am worried what should I do I don’t have pictures.
I don’t think they are asking for Nikkah nama.
Should I get this expedited through MP bcz I have him working with me.

Thnx
You have to scan copies and send them. Upload online.

Did you get a professional photo shoot at the wedding? take out more pics from there. pics of your honey moon, pics of casual hangouts etc.

rizwansadiq

Jan 7, 2018
Category........
FAM
congrats! can you also provide the below info so i can correctly update your entry

Location of Principal Applicant (city): Karachi
Are you Sponsor or Applicant: Sponsor
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR: PR
Sponsoring husband or wife: Wife
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N): N
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N): Y
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N): N

Reactions: posse

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Hello esteemed members... I'm a Canadian Permanent Resident living in Toronto, while my soon-to-be spouse (fiance) lives in Karachi. We are going to have the Nikkah ceremony in December 2018 in Karachi and I intend to apply for spousal sponsorship asap. I looked at the forms and documents required and it seems like a very daunting task, does anyone have a link to a helpful guide for people like me.

Also my fiance and I spent some time together in the UK recently and have plenty of pictures from there, do we need to attach pictures of that trip as well or just pictures from Nikkah ceremony will suffice?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Yes it’s true, there are more and more people getting stuck in background checks.
The 12 months timeframe is not guaranteed anymore and it clearly states that on there website.

“From April 2017 to March 2018, the service standard of 12 months was met 73% of the time. 80% of all applications were processed in 15 months. 80% of applications received since December 2016 were processed in less than 12 months. Further reductions are expected as applications from before December 2016 are finalized.”
Well that sucks... I was stuck in security screening for a year during my own permanent residence application, I'm afraid that they might again put me and my spouse through the same process.

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Hello esteemed members... I'm a Canadian Permanent Resident living in Toronto, while my soon-to-be spouse (fiance) lives in Karachi. We are going to have the Nikkah ceremony in December 2018 in Karachi and I intend to apply for spousal sponsorship asap. I looked at the forms and documents required and it seems like a very daunting task, does anyone have a link to a helpful guide for people like me.

Also my fiance and I spent some time together in the UK recently and have plenty of pictures from there, do we need to attach pictures of that trip as well or just pictures from Nikkah ceremony will suffice?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
hi, just to give you a quick warning, most (but not all) nikkah only applications take longer than normal time to complete, because IRCC look for a rukhsati being done.

that being said, the full guide on CIC website is the best resource for help and this forum and the members here are a great resource for help also. if you have question we can give you info or guide you from our own personal experiences. we are not professionals who do this for a living ;)

yes definitely send pictures of your time together before the nikkah, give them the whole story of how you guys met and when, etc. send chat logs, call logs, pictures of you both together on trips, boarding passes, passport stamps of exit entry, gift receipts, etc. for nikkah pics make sure to take close up pics of you both when signing the nikkahnama in addition to taking pics with your parents and with guests. these days it seems better to sign the urdu nikkahnama and then have a certified copy and a translation done of it in English. even though it would make sense to use an english nikkahnama from the start to avoid doing a translation but you will see nothing makes sense with CIC and London Visa Office (LVO).

Reactions: AHC

Mbutt153

Aug 19, 2017
Hi there!

My husband (PA) is an ex-army officer and the AoR of his file is November 27th, 2017. We have two kids together. I ordered gcms notes on july 30th and received them by the end of august in which it is showing that his criminality check is in progress, medical passed and says nothing about security. The report was generated on 31st of july. However, he did receive pre-arrival letter on 25th of aug.

So the question is, would his BGC be extensive due to his past association with the arm forces? cause it’s been going on since the file was transferred to LVO which happened in May 2018 or even before than that.

Any expert opinion will be much appericiated.

Thanks

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Admin please update

26 September 2017 Applicant
received re-medical request today (06 September 2018).
Did you get pre arrival, eligibility passed? When was your medical expiring ? I m 25 aug applicant .. nothing is moving

CETMWA

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
I email to LVO regarding my application status and LVO reply me after 23 days that.....

Dear Applicant,

Please be advised that this application awaits a full review in London. Once this review has taken place, we will be in contact.

Please note that you may wish to consult our website for information regarding standard processing timeframes.

Yours Sincerely,

NXR

I am Dec.17 applicant and my file is still await a full review in LVO...

CETMWA

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
I am Dec.17 applicant and my file is still await a full review in LVO..it has been more than 8 months.....what is going on with our files.?

Pak0403

May 31, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
11/10/2017
Doc's Request.
5/12/2017
AOR Received.
5/12/2017
File Transfer...
20/04/2018
Med's Request
7/04/2018
Med's Done....
11/04/2018
I am Dec.17 applicant and my file is still await a full review in LVO..it has been more than 8 months.....what is going on with our files.?
I am an October applicant and got the same reply at end of June and still haven’t heard anything from them about my case so stay calm it can take 12 months

Reactions: Khanshayan01

IrshadM

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
12-10-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018