+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

zubda345

May 28, 2018
hey guys I just had one thing in my mind I wanna ask...

When me and my wife (sponsor) got married, our nikkah nama(s) were in ENGLISH. THERE WAS NO URDU NIKKAH NAMA. (Pakistani govt issues both URDU as well as ENGLISH nikkah nama for the ease of the person getting married and both are valid)
And when we applied I sent the CERTIFIED COPY OF ENGLISH (ORIGINAL) NIKKAH NAMA & THE NADRA GIVEN MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE.

I have been reading online that people get asked for their urdu nikkah nama, but the point being here, I never had an urdu nikkah nama. I am just panicking and worried about what I should do if they ask me about it? I still haven't gotten any email after "File transferred to LVO"

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
hey guys I just had one thing in my mind I wanna ask...

When me and my wife (sponsor) got married, our nikkah nama(s) were in ENGLISH. THERE WAS NO URDU NIKKAH NAMA. (Pakistani govt issues both URDU as well as ENGLISH nikkah nama for the ease of the person getting married and both are valid)
And when we applied I sent the CERTIFIED COPY OF ENGLISH (ORIGINAL) NIKKAH NAMA & THE NADRA GIVEN MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE.

I have been reading online that people get asked for their urdu nikkah nama, but the point being here, I never had an urdu nikkah nama. I am just panicking and worried about what I should do if they ask me about it? I still haven't gotten any email after "File transferred to LVO"
Well English Nikah nama is valid but LVO always ask for urdu Nikah nama. You better make it from now even they don't ask now but they will ask later. So far we seen this practice of LVO

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
just got a call from LVO .. yup .. a CALL! My hubby's interview is in September .. so they wanted to talk to me ahead of time and get a sense of how my marriage happened and also about my previous marriage (my divorce) .. i spoke to her like i would speak to my mother or friends - all jolly and happy .. i even told her that i am visiting my hubby and will be there for the interview too .. she was happy that i was going and that she looks forward to meeting me too ..

So, point to be noted by people in interview queues or who already have a date .. ask your sponsors to keep an eye out for a call from LVO .. +44 number .. make sure you have ordered notes and read through the notes to figure out what concerns LVO has .. think of how to answer their concerns .. rehearse them .. i wrote a whole letter that i was going to take with me, but LVO ended up calling me beforehand .. and please, don't sound nervous talking to LVO .. sound confident .. shadhi ki hai, gunnah nahi .. lol

Good luck everyone! :)

zubda345

May 28, 2018
Well English Nikah nama is valid but LVO always ask for urdu Nikah nama. You better make it from now even they don't ask now but they will ask later. So far we seen this practice of LVO
i dont get what you mean can you please be more precise? Will they accept my ENGLISH nikkah nama or will they ask me for an urdu one. And if they ask me for an urdu one, How am I supposed to make one now when it doesn't even exist in the 1st place and how will I tell them that?

Reactions: ksabir

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
i dont get what you mean can you please be more precise? Will they accept my ENGLISH nikkah nama or will they ask me for an urdu one. And if they ask me for an urdu one, How am I supposed to make one now when it doesn't even exist in the 1st place and how will I tell them that?
that's exactly what he means .. get one because LVO will ask for one .. if you can't get it, then all you have to do is explain it to them ..

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
You applied June 28, 2017 and your background check started October 25, 2017 ??
the BGC must have started while it was still in Canada .. and that's just the initial BGC that is done for everyone, even though for a lot of the status doesn't change to IN PROCESS .. the PA's info is sent in to USA's database for a search and confirmation .. but the real BGC still needs to be done .. so this status could stay in for a long time .. for a lot of us whose status didn't change is a good thing when the initial USA search happened, cuz then when it actually changes to IN PROCESS later on, it tells us that yea, now the real BGC is happening ..

zubda345

May 28, 2018
that's exactly what he means .. get one because LVO will ask for one .. if you can't get it, then all you have to do is explain it to them ..
Well. I'll try to get one (any ideas how?) if not i'll try explaining to them.

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
it has not been the case for everyone though.

@zubda345 if they ask, send them an explanation letter about exactly what you said, that we have the choice to use english or urdu and both are valid

here is a very good post about it from an old admin: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-pakistan-london-visa-office.203899/page-2306#post-6476568

Last edited:
Reactions: AHC

SF2017

Jul 27, 2018
Hi guys, I have a question, I read on a different thread today that spousal checklist was updated in June. I used Feb Checklist and my docs were received on July 6 in Mississauga. Seems like that checklist was changed in late Jun which I didn't see at that time. I haven't received AOR yet. Will my application be returned?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
just got a call from LVO .. yup .. a CALL! My hubby's interview is in September .. so they wanted to talk to me ahead of time and get a sense of how my marriage happened and also about my previous marriage (my divorce) .. i spoke to her like i would speak to my mother or friends - all jolly and happy .. i even told her that i am visiting my hubby and will be there for the interview too .. she was happy that i was going and that she looks forward to meeting me too ..

So, point to be noted by people in interview queues or who already have a date .. ask your sponsors to keep an eye out for a call from LVO .. +44 number .. make sure you have ordered notes and read through the notes to figure out what concerns LVO has .. think of how to answer their concerns .. rehearse them .. i wrote a whole letter that i was going to take with me, but LVO ended up calling me beforehand .. and please, don't sound nervous talking to LVO .. sound confident .. shadhi ki hai, gunnah nahi .. lol

That's good because you want to kill them, with kindness and show you and your hubby are team and about the lvo office I thought they use private number because inland spousal sponsorship they use private number. You did an awesome job by sounding confident ahc

Braveos

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018

Oh wow thanks for the heads up!!

Reactions: AHC

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
That's good because you want to kill them, with kindness and show you and your hubby are team and about the lvo office I thought they use private number because inland spousal sponsorship they use private number. You did an awesome job by sounding confident ahc
A lot of us don’t pick up the call if it’s unknown or private number , so u think they will leave a voicemail?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
A lot of us don’t pick up the call if it’s unknown or private number , so u think they will leave a voicemail?

I sponsored my husband inland back in 2015, he's from Portugal so an officer called my phone twice on a Friday morning on April 21,2017 from a private number lucky I answer a second time they called to say his passport expired in May and so I said so he's approve for pr they are like yes so I am like can you bump his landing interview before it's expired in May 2017. So they talk to our rep and got an email his landing interview got bumped up to April 28,2017 and the rest is history. I was nice to the officer and she did us in cic Etobicoke for landing interview in April 28,2017

Reactions: AHC and ksabir

paki786

Dec 14, 2010

Shaadi gunnah nahi hai, doosri shaadi gunnah hai (as per the idiots at LVO) :p

Reactions: AHC and ksabir