+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

talalbsse

Oct 31, 2017
One quick question:

Got reply from LVO today stating that my wife's case may not meet the requirements to immigrate to Canada blah blah blah. They are asking for more proofs (outings, pictures blah blah blah etc.) now. Does anyone have any idea what is the allowed file size (to upload through the portal) when they ask for more proofs?

Jazaka ALLAH in advance

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
In eligibility, they check whether the sponsor actually meets the requirements to sponsor his/her spouse. Like, is he a PR or Canadian National, working, paying taxes etc.

Genuineness of marriage is a later step.

A person who is eligible to sponsor his/her wife may or may not be able to proof whether his/her marriage is genuine. If eligibility is passed, "Decision Made" begins mentioning under the "Sponsorship Application Status" heading in ECAS, when the sponsor checks the application status by putting his/her own information (rather than putting his/her principal applicant's information) in the portal.

So, checking eligibility is a different thing than checking the genuineness of marriage.
But then what’s sponsor approval? Don’t they check all this before ? On my file I’m the sponsor and it says DM ( As a sponsor I also got a letter that I’m approved)
So confusing !!

ICECUBEZ

May 21, 2018
One quick question:

Got reply from LVO today stating that my wife's case may not meet the requirements to immigrate to Canada blah blah blah. They are asking for more proofs (outings, pictures blah blah blah etc.) now. Does anyone have any idea what is the allowed file size (to upload through the portal) when they ask for more proofs?

Jazaka ALLAH in advance

i believe it has to be 5mb max per file so to be safe make it 4.8mb and best way is to take your pics open paint on you computer and resize them all to like example i know the pics are about 5mb if taken from a DSLR so i resized them to about 250kb that way you can fit abt 80-100 pics in 5 mb pics taken from phones are about 500kb to 1 mb depending on the phone i re sent about 85 pics and it was a pain to do so since you have to resize them all and make sure the quality isnt that bad after conversion and then take all the pics and add them to word and save it to PDF you tube the resize conversion and on a note the word file becomes like 110 mb but when converted to pdf will become 4mb . hope that helps.

ZafarH

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
On IMM 5532, there is a column which indicates "Who performed the ceremony, if applicable" not exactly sure what to write in this field.
Any help would be appreciated
It should be the person that performed the marriage ceremony by reciting the vows and such. I believe their name goes on the marriage papers as well.

talalbsse

Oct 31, 2017
But then what’s sponsor approval? Don’t they check all this before ? On my file I’m the sponsor and it says DM ( As a sponsor I also got a letter that I’m approved)
So confusing !!
Yes thats exactly I am saying... you are sponsor and you got DM and a letter indicating that you are approved. Means you are "eligible" to sponsor your spouse..i.e, you are PR/Canadian citizen, doing job, paying taxes etc.

But your spousal's PR application is another process. This process pertains to the principal applicant's things...such as geniunennes of marriage, his/her background check, his/her medical

So spousal sponsorship program is composed of two inner processes:

1) Sponsorship application (on behalf of you, the sponsor, you got DM because its done...)
2) PA's PR application (on behalf of your spouse, all the things will be checked now...BGC, medical, marriage proofs etc.)

Reactions: ksabir

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
Im going to ask the same question as someone else here as well,

Is there anyone updating the 2018 spreadsheet?
No one .. we cant get in touch with past admins either ..

ksabir

Apr 24, 2018
Yes thats exactly I am saying... you are sponsor and you got DM and a letter indicating that you are approved. Means you are "eligible" to sponsor your spouse..i.e, you are PR/Canadian citizen, doing job, paying taxes etc.

But your spousal's PR application is another process. This process pertains to the principal applicant's things...such as geniunennes of marriage, his/her background check, his/her medical

So spousal sponsorship program is composed of two inner processes:

1) Sponsorship application (on behalf of you, the sponsor, you got DM because its done...)
2) PA's PR application (on behalf of your spouse, all the things will be checked now...BGC, medical, marriage proofs etc.)
Thank you for explaining this!

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent an email to MP (minister) on tuesday but I have still not got any response. Is this normal ? Do you take long time to reply back?

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One quick question:

Jazaka ALLAH in advance

I took snapshots on my phone of whatsapp chats. There was almost 1 snapshot for each day of chat and the total filesize got quite big so i used XnConvert software to convert all those snapshots to JPG/JPEG and it was much smaller. You can also reduce the quality in XnCovert so it gives you better filesize.
Then made 4 word documents and divided the snapshots in that. When you save the word , save as PDF and it will give you an option of Minimum(Publishing), select this and you file size will be lower than standard PDF file.
In total I submited 4 PDF files each with 5mb less as they do not accept more than 5mb.
Also i sent email from hotmail so there was a attachment size limit or maybe LVO has attachment size limit. My email was bouncing back because of that so I had to divide all attachments into 3 different emails and in the subject i wrote PART 1 , PART2 and PART3. Explained this in the body of email too.
I submitted them on Monday but still I dont have any update after that. GC Key is stuck in eligibility. Tomorrow will be 1 year from the date i submitted my application i.e. 25th August.

Reactions: talalbsse

Afgboy_2017

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
I took snapshots on my phone of whatsapp chats. There was almost 1 snapshot for each day of chat and the total filesize got quite big so i used XnConvert software to convert all those snapshots to JPG/JPEG and it was much smaller. You can also reduce the quality in XnCovert so it gives you better filesize.
Then made 4 word documents and divided the snapshots in that. When you save the word , save as PDF and it will give you an option of Minimum(Publishing), select this and you file size will be lower than standard PDF file.
In total I submited 4 PDF files each with 5mb less as they do not accept more than 5mb.
Also i sent email from hotmail so there was a attachment size limit or maybe LVO has attachment size limit. My email was bouncing back because of that so I had to divide all attachments into 3 different emails and in the subject i wrote PART 1 , PART2 and PART3. Explained this in the body of email too.
I submitted them on Monday but still I dont have any update after that. GC Key is stuck in eligibility. Tomorrow will be 1 year from the date i submitted my application i.e. 25th August.
This is how I suggested to some people who got their file processed within a few weeks of submission.
  1. You don't need to submit snapshots of each day. Do 1 for every week (4 snapshots for one month). It takes a lot of time to organize, and convert these files and it is unnecessary work if you include snapshots for everyday. In some cases, you can only submit one file on GCKEY for conversation history. CIC asks for only 10 pages which is almost 1 snapshot every week. Just write an explanation in the beginning saying you have more but did not include due to 10 pages limit.
  2. Remember to take snapshot of your talk time. E.g. You talked for 2 hours on Facebook messenger, whatsapp, viber etc. Include eid cards that you sent to your spouse on Facebook messenger, whatsapp, viber. (Just download one on your phone and personalize it and send it during Eid. You can do the same for other holidays that are celebrated in your country). Also, send a picture of western union receipts to your spouse on Facebook messenger, whatsapp and viber. Then include that in your snapshots in additional to submitting it separately. I found Facebook messenger really helpful as it saves everything on servers and you can get it if you change your phone. If you use viber and whats app, just send the snapshots to your email every month just so you have it in case you change phone, lose it or your phone breaks down.

Reactions: talalbsse

MassHunter

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Spouse Sponsorship
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
Doc's Request.
31-08-2019 (Updated PCC Req.)
AOR Received.
31-12-2018
File Transfer...
13-03-2019 (FT), 22-03-2019 (AOR2)
Med's Request
16-01-2019 (Bio Req), 17-01-2019 (Med Req),
Med's Done....
31-01-2019 (Medical Done), 06-02-2019 (Bio Done), PCC submitted with application
It should be the person that performed the marriage ceremony by reciting the vows and such. I believe their name goes on the marriage papers as well.
Thank you.