Apr 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Aug 2015
Thanks for your prompt reply @Waqur. Another question, as I am putting my package together. I read somewhere that we have to provide the CNIC card with translation. Is that true? Anyone?
If you have a Smart CNIC, you do not need to provide translated copy of it

Reactions: Waqur

Waqur

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hello every one..
After a long I am posting on this forum..
I m july 2016 applicant..
Bg in progress since May 2017.. no further updates.. I m very disappointed. MP as usual says to wait. .
Is there any way to contact through immigration minister office or to request ??
Any suggestions from any expert ??
I am sorry for what you are going through. Have you ordered GCMS notes recently?

Last edited:

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
I agree to what @askhan is saying here!
We didn't have to provide English translation in our case
Smart CNIC is in English so No need to provide English Translation same as our Pakistani Passport issued in English.
but any document(s) in Urdu needs to be provided in Certified English Translation.and if you provide NN only in English, sooner or later VO will asks you to provide your NN In URDU as well.

Last edited:

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
I am sponsoring my husband and I am on PR. I have put all details as accurate as possible below and someone please update the excel file.
App received in Mississauga - Oct 03, 2017
Requested to fill in Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) and Police certificate - Nov 20, 2017
More Rukhsati photos and pay Right of Permanent Residence fee (RPRF) - Dec 04, 2017
Medical Req receive - Dec 05, 2017
Medical Done on - Dec 12, 2017
Sponsor Status Approval - Dec 07, 2017
File moved to LVO - Jan 08, 2017

Also now can anyone advise should we expect a background check next or can they ask for more evidence.
If LVO is is need of any additional docs they can contact any time.

Thanks for sharing your timeline. Plz also provide the following info:

Location of Principal Applicant (city):
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N):
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N):
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N):

lawcanpak

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
any document you have in Urdu, you need to translate it in English and then certified it. Like CINC, Birth Certificate etc if it's in URDU, translate these in English and certified it. If you have English NN, Immigration Officer later may asks you URDU NN OR at least a URDU Certified Translated copy of it too. I have seen threads where VO asking URDU NN as well where only English NN was submitted.
I myself were asked to provided English translated copy of my wife's Birth Certificate.
but we never had Urdu NN. Our only original is English.

lawcanpak

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Smart CNIC is in English so need to provide English Translation same as our Pakistani Passport issued in English.
but any document(s) in Urdu needs to be provided in Certified English Translation.and if you provide NN only in English, sooner or later VO will asks you to provide your NN In URDU as well.
we never had Urdu NN only English one. It is not a translated document but the Original NN is English.

lawcanpak

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Did u both sign the Nikkah Nama at different times ? You signed in Canada and the groom signed in Pak?
yes I signed first then it was posted to him and he signed in front of witnesses there and then on the day of Nikah, he was asked in front of the witnesses kabool hai kahool hai thing and once he stood up and acknowledged, the NN form was signed by the officials that nikah is performed. But as for me I signed it already and so did he to speed up the process. That is how it usually works in our jammat.

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
we never had Urdu NN only English one. It is not a translated document but the Original NN is English.
If you NN is in English, you better translate it in URDU and certified it. If you send your English NN Visa officer will sooner or later asks you Urdu translated NN.

lawcanpak

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
yes I signed first then it was posted to him and he signed in front of witnesses there and then on the day of Nikah, he was asked in front of the witnesses kabool hai kahool hai thing and once he stood up and acknowledged, the NN form was signed by the officials that nikah is performed. But as for me I signed it already and so did he to speed up the process. That is how it usually works in our jammat.
but I did go to Pak and attended my Nikah, the forms just got signed before hand, because its a bit complicated, first I have to sign and then it has to be attesteed by our jammat president here because I live here, then it goes to Pak and the groom signs and then the jammat president signs to acknowledge he does reside in pak and is a member of ahymadi jammat and then thats how a nikah of an ahymadi is performed as we are not allowed to get nikah outside of ahymadi jammat. I assume, the officer would know the process of how Ahymadia jammat NN are different.

lawcanpak

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
If you NN is in English, you better translate it in URDU and certified it. If you send your English NN Visa officer will sooner or later asks you Urdu translated NN.
I dont think that is true. Does anyone else agree with this? Why would they want urdu translation of an Original Document. I think they only ask for translation of Urdu NN cus most if not all of the NN in Pak are usually in Urdu. Any one have a different opinion?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
but I did go to Pak and attended my Nikah, the forms just got signed before hand, because its a bit complicated, first I have to sign and then it has to be attesteed by our jammat president here because I live here, then it goes to Pak and the groom signs and then the jammat president signs to acknowledge he does reside in pak and is a member of ahymadi jammat and then thats how a nikah of an ahymadi is performed as we are not allowed to get nikah outside of ahymadi jammat. I assume, the officer would know the process of how Ahymadia jammat NN are different.
Well i hope i am wrong but the way nikah is performed may raise objection from visa officer due to it happening in absence. Although u did eventually go to pak to get it done but i believe dates would be different on ur nikah nama and actual ceremony. I would suggest dont rely on assumption that visa officer will be aware of ahymadi nikah procedure include a cover letter explaining the reasons of all the differences and procedure in ur application and also that nikkah nama is only in english unlike pak where u get in urdu