+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Hamza124

Dec 9, 2017
All those who are requesting edit access to the spreadsheet please note:

You wont be granted edit access. It is restricted to the Spreadsheet Admins. Please post your timelines here on this thread or message me. I will add you to the spreadsheet.
Can you share link to view the spreadsheet? Is that possible?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Can you share link to view the spreadsheet? Is that possible?
Its in my signature. If ur using mobile browser then u won't be able to see it. Go to profile page and you will see the link there.

Samlia

Aug 29, 2014
Just confused how land will come in your name to Canada? Kindly explain what do you mean.
You'll get a declaration card on the plane that you'll fill up with the information. You can mention if you'll bring more goods in the future to the customs officer.
I believe they are interested in what you bring or you'll bring with you to Canada and not what property you own in Pakistan. I have never declared my assets in Pakistan to any border agency officers anywhere. Hope others can shed some light on this issue:)
If you bring any money to Canada you have to pay tax if its more than a specific amount. There is differen tax brackets on capital gains and income or money you make outside. In my opinion if you are coming to Canada the first time you can decalare as many as assets you want and you don't pay taxes. taxes could be more than 35% if you don't declare and trying to bring your money to Canada later on

Faheempk

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
After your interview were you guys asked to submitt any document to the visa officer like police clearance, Whatsapp, facebook and email history? And Any updated paper forms?
Yes they took all the documents which you mentioned!! What were your red flags??

Aryan007

Nov 9, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
If you bring any money to Canada you have to pay tax if its more than a specific amount. There is differen tax brackets on capital gains and income or money you make outside. In my opinion if you are coming to Canada the first time you can decalare as many as assets you want and you don't pay taxes. taxes could be more than 35% if you don't declare and trying to bring your money to Canada later on
Good information. If the cash and goods exceed 10,000 CAD then you have to declare it on declaration card. As me and my wife used to work outside Canada, whenever she used to return to Toronto, she would take her savings to Canada to deposit in her Canadian Bank account. She has traveled with around 33,000 CAD cash in the past and declared it to the customs. They asked her to show the money trail and she had already printed her bank statements from 2 countries she had worked in that showed her salary deposited every month and money transfered by me, friends and family. They asked what she'll be using it for in Canada and she mentioned the expenses she had to do. She was not charged any taxes or penalties. I guess it was a somewhat small amount of cash may be thats why CBSA officers let her go easy.

However, I will not be traveling with lots of stuff as we already have furnished the residence in Canada aur mera koe jahaiz bhi nhi hy:p Mujay kisi nay be bistray, gold jewelry aur daigchay nhi diye:rolleyes:. I'll merely have my used belongings and couple of toys for my baby:D Do joray main biyaa dita mjy ghar walo nay:D:D:D:D

Aryan007

Nov 9, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
After receiving documents in how many days they ask for re medical in lvo
Do you mean to say you submitted additional documents request by LVO?? In my situation, they took over a month to update status anywhere.

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
Good information. If the cash and goods exceed 10,000 CAD then you have to declare it on declaration card. As me and my wife used to work outside Canada, whenever she used to return to Toronto, she would take her savings to Canada to deposit in her Canadian Bank account. She has traveled with around 33,000 CAD cash in the past and declared it to the customs. They asked her to show the money trail and she had already printed her bank statements from 2 countries she had worked in that showed her salary deposited every month and money transfered by me, friends and family. They asked what she'll be using it for in Canada and she mentioned the expenses she had to do. She was not charged any taxes or penalties. I guess it was a somewhat small amount of cash may be thats why CBSA officers let her go easy.

However, I will not be traveling with lots of stuff as we already have furnished the residence in Canada aur mera koe jahaiz bhi nhi hy:p Mujay kisi nay be bistray, gold jewelry aur daigchay nhi diye:rolleyes:. I'll merely have my used belongings and couple of toys for my baby:D Do joray main biyaa dita mjy ghar walo nay:D:D:D:D
as far as i know, cbsa does not report how much you bring in, to CRA. the reason declaration limit is 10,000CAD is because they want to prevent money laundering so they make you declare more than 10,000CAD. they just make you fill a form so they have it on file for future in case you were connected to money laundering. i have asked and confirmed this with CBSA, my dad has also brought his retirement money from Pakistan with him over 10,000CAD and was just asked to fill out the form

Reactions: Samlia

Aryan007

Nov 9, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
what is NXR? Any one has the idea?
This is the perfect question for us. NXR is a big ____, __________ and ______________:mad: I could very easily fill in the blanks but sis MM345 won't like it. NXR is some admin or officer at LVO and mostly ignored emails. He was in-charge of replying about our case and always copy pasted the stupid response from his draft email as follows:

Dear Applicant,

Please be advised that, in fairness to all applicants including those who applied before you, we cannot expedite the processing of this application.

Your application currently awaits an initial review at our office in London. We will be in contact once the applicantion has been reviewed.

Yours Sincerely,

NXR

High Commission of Canada
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London
SW1Y 5BJ
United Kingdom

Thanks Allah he's no longer replying to us and the new guy "RD" is pretty cool and replies to our emails frequently and wished us best of luck a day ago:)

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
This is the perfect question for us. NXR is a big ____, __________ and ______________:mad: I could very easily fill in the blanks but sis MM345 won't like it. NXR is some admin or officer at LVO and mostly ignored emails. He was in-charge of replying about our case and always copy pasted the stupid response from his draft email as follows:

Dear Applicant,

Please be advised that, in fairness to all applicants including those who applied before you, we cannot expedite the processing of this application.

Your application currently awaits an initial review at our office in London. We will be in contact once the applicantion has been reviewed.

Yours Sincerely,

NXR

High Commission of Canada
Immigration and Medical Services Division
Canada House
Trafalgar Square
London
SW1Y 5BJ
United Kingdom

Thanks Allah he's no longer replying to us and the new guy "RD" is pretty cool and replies to our emails frequently and wished us best of luck a day ago:)
Looks like these NXR reply email has been OF SHORED to INDIA... never know all these replies coming from a village of India...:D:D:p:p cheap labour there .. copy / paste .. per reply Rs. 100.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

Last edited:
Reactions: Aryan007

Aryan007

Nov 9, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Looks like this reply email has been OF SHORED to INDIA... never know all these replies coming from a village of India...:D:D:p:p cheap labour there .. copy / paste .. per reply Rs. 100.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

Samlia

Aug 29, 2014

yeah you are right they might let us go with 10-30k but in our case we might have to approach for legal advice coz we did few investments worth few hundred thousand dollars in pak and our plan is to transfer that money to Canada at some point in future. I was curious if someone knows the proper way of declaring that money at landing. Thanks for all the info!

zar123

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Yes they took all the documents which you mentioned!! What were your red flags??
At the end of the interview I didnt ask aboit anything. she said "I have concerns" I answered, Yes mam I know that. And thanked her and calmly got out frothm the interview room.