21-09-2016
AOR Received.
29-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
03-05-2017
Updates :

Interview conducted on 5th Dec. 15 minute interview, Officer was really nice, told my wife that he is satisfied with the application, and will put it through background check.

Application status changed today as follows.
  • Interview You have completed your interview.
  • Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
Foreign National means Canadian Citizen.?
What do you mean by same culture ? as long as you both are Muslims shouldn't be an issue?
Normally interview is for Principal Applicant so if there is an interview (God Forbid) then it will be yours not hers as she is the Sponsor.
Yes she is canadian national and Canada origin as well. She is not Pakistani but she is muslima.
I am happy if they call me for interview but interviewing her alone will make her nervous as much i know her.
If they make a video conference at same time even then i will be happy.

May Allah make it easy

Reactions: khancanada

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
Hi, As you stated, based on your case there are good chances that you will be call for interview. If that happens, then best thing is to appear for interview with your wife.
I cant my wife is in Canada. I can try to call her for interview if time was there between interview call and date.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Yes she is canadian national and Canada origin as well. She is not Pakistani but she is muslima.
I am happy if they call me for interview but interviewing her alone will make her nervous as much i know her.
If they make a video conference at same time even then i will be happy.

May Allah make it easy
Mandatory Interview is of the principal applicant only. Sponsor can accompany the applicant to the embassy where the interview will be held. However the applicant will be interviewed alone and sponsor wont be present there in the room. Since the sponsor is also present in the embassy, the visa officer will send the applicant to the waiting area after his/her interview and call the sponsor for interview separately.

If sponsor is not accompanying the applicant and if the visa officer wants to check few things with the sponsor then they will call up the sponsor separately. There are cases where they dont call up the sponsor at all, however sometimes they do.

You must be prepared and practise interview questions with each other. There are about 100 questions posted on the spreadsheet to judge how much you two know about each other. Besides those, the visa officer will ask you questions that are unique to your case and also ask you the same questions that you filled in the application forms.

If the marriage is genuine then no need to be nervous.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Looks like my case will be more challenging & full of red flags
My Spouse(Sponsor) is a foreign National
we do not belong to same culture
i am 5 years elder to her
we met in Saudi Arabia during Umrah, while i am working in Saudi Arabia as Engineer
After one year of communication we got married in Pakistan in Feb 2017.
we applied in July 2017 for PR
I applied for TRV to meet her in Canada which was refused so we met one more time in another country for a month in October 2017
but i dont want her to be interviewed because even she know everything, she gets nervous when talking to other people,
the only time she can do interview when i am with her.
1) Did u apply for trv before or after submitting PR application?

2) What reason did u mention to visit Canada in your trv application?

su005

Dec 30, 2015
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016 In Process.......: 22-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 16-12-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2016 - Remedial: 09-11-2017
Interview........
07-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2018
Interview update:

Interview completed on 7th Dec and the VO was satisfied. I took a huge bundle of our communication proof including whatsapp chats/logs, Skype chat logs/video screenshots. He went through all my video screenshots. I took around 24 pages with 4 screenshots each page. (Yes I take these screenshots almost everyday cause he looks so good on Skype and I can't resist capturing him :D) I took my financial support proofs like receipts and bank statement to show them my expenses. He went through all my pics and asked questions pointing them like which event is this? Is this the same event? Are these your siblings? where did this event take place? Are these both pictures of the same place? Etc. He asked me questions about my husband. Basically trying to evaluate how well I know him. He even asked me why don't I look happy in my marriage pictures and I told him I was tired cause I had spent around 3 hours in parlour before coming to the event. He laughed at that. What specific about our case was my previous student visa refusal and his most of the interrogation revolved around it. He asked me about my future plans too. It was a good experience alhamdolillah. I will make a detailed post about the questions I was asked and the things to consider when you are called for an interview. For now, understand that interviews are nothing but a way to evaluate the genuiness of your relationship. The more you know your husband, the better. And... Confidence is the key!

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
Mandatory Interview is of the principal applicant only. Sponsor can accompany the applicant to the embassy where the interview will be held. However the applicant will be interviewed alone and sponsor wont be present there in the room. Since the sponsor is also present in the embassy, the visa officer will send the applicant to the waiting area after his/her interview and call the sponsor for interview separately.

If sponsor is not accompanying the applicant and if the visa officer wants to check few things with the sponsor then they will call up the sponsor separately. There are cases where they dont call up the sponsor at all, however sometimes they do.

You must be prepared and practise interview questions with each other. There are about 100 questions posted on the spreadsheet to judge how much you two know about each other. Besides those, the visa officer will ask you questions that are unique to your case and also ask you the same questions that you filled in the application forms.

If the marriage is genuine then no need to be nervous.
They can only ask questions which related us or may be related our life events , whatever happen to us we both know about it,
Nobody knows everything about each other, i may be having 100s of things in my work which i will not share with wife. If you are living with spouse continuously then you can tell everything. but if you live with wife for a month and then after 5 months live for a month, then thats the time to enjoy life not to count his/her teeth for interview. The visa officer also looking for expressions during interview. they can guess whats going on. because this is their routine job. they know who is telling lies and who is telling the truth.

A couple of things which a friend told me about Visa officers screening methond :
1.Those who submitted their Chat logs already must know that Visa Officer team check the Chat logs and they look for something unique, means during the chat if you share some information about your car accident, or fight or anything which caught their eyes, then they will ask about it. e.g anything happen in your wife /husband job in this month etc.
2. They look for photographs of couple, if they see that wife/husband is continuously having Sad Expressions in many photographs provided to CIC, or shows uncomfortable , this is also a catch.

There are few things which the visa team look for only, they not going through all of your stuff, they have points which they look into every case, and base of those points they will analyze each case and make concerns.

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
Interview update:

Interview completed on 7th Dec and the VO was satisfied. I took a huge bundle of our communication proof including whatsapp chats/logs, Skype chat logs/video screenshots. He went through all my video screenshots. I took around 24 pages with 4 screenshots each page. (Yes I take these screenshots almost everyday cause he looks so good on Skype and I can't resist capturing him :D) I took my financial support proofs like receipts and bank statement to show them my expenses. He went through all my pics and asked questions pointing them like which event is this? Is this the same event? Are these your siblings? where did this event take place? Are these both pictures of the same place? Etc. He asked me questions about my husband. Basically trying to evaluate how well I know him. He even asked me why don't I look happy in my marriage pictures and I told him I was tired cause I had spent around 3 hours in parlour before coming to the event. He laughed at that. What specific about our case was my previous student visa refusal and his most of the interrogation revolved around it. He asked me about my future plans too. It was a good experience alhamdolillah. I will make a detailed post about the questions I was asked and the things to consider when you are called for an interview. For now, understand that interviews are nothing but a way to evaluate the genuiness of your relationship. The more you know your husband, the better. And... Confidence is the key!

Congratulation , They didnt invite or call your husband for interview

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
1) Did u apply for trv before or after submitting PR application?

2) What reason did u mention to visit Canada in your trv application?
It was EId ul Adha , so i mentioned that i want to spend this Eid with my family for a couple of weeks,
They refused and said , You are not currently in Citizen of the Country where you are living and 2nd reason was that Job condition in Saudi Arabia.
I considered these reasons as lame . thats why i planned to go to another place for vacation with my wife and i did it after a month.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
They can only ask questions which related us or may be related our life events , whatever happen to us we both know about it,
Nobody knows everything about each other, i may be having 100s of things in my work which i will not share with wife. If you are living with spouse continuously then you can tell everything. but if you live with wife for a month and then after 5 months live for a month, then thats the time to enjoy life not to count his/her teeth for interview. The visa officer also looking for expressions during interview. they can guess whats going on. because this is their routine job. they know who is telling lies and who is telling the truth.

A couple of things which a friend told me about Visa officers screening methond :
1.Those who submitted their Chat logs already must know that Visa Officer team check the Chat logs and they look for something unique, means during the chat if you share some information about your car accident, or fight or anything which caught their eyes, then they will ask about it. e.g anything happen in your wife /husband job in this month etc.
2. They look for photographs of couple, if they see that wife/husband is continuously having Sad Expressions in many photographs provided to CIC, or shows uncomfortable , this is also a catch.

There are few things which the visa team look for only, they not going through all of your stuff, they have points which they look into every case, and base of those points they will analyze each case and make concerns.
I replied to your query based on the feedback i have received on this forum. I hope it helps you. Good luck.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
It was EId ul Adha , so i mentioned that i want to spend this Eid with my family for a couple of weeks,
They refused and said , You are not currently in Citizen of the Country where you are living and 2nd reason was that Job condition in Saudi Arabia.
I considered these reasons as lame . thats why i planned to go to another place for vacation with my wife and i did it after a month.
You did not reply to my first question. Which applciation did u submit first: PR or trv?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
I have explained this so many times: They "wont invite" the sponsor. Its your personal choice if your sponsor wants to accompany the applicant for interview for support.
Sometimes most sponsor s cannot due to work reasons.

su005

Dec 30, 2015
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016 In Process.......: 22-12-2016
Doc's Request.
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 16-12-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2016 - Remedial: 09-11-2017
Interview........
07-12-2017
Passport Req..
18-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2018
They 'do not invite' the sponsor. If he/she is in Pakistan, he/she can accompany you. They asks you to bring the current phone number of your sponsor in Canada so that they can phone interview him/her if they deem it necessary. In my case, my husband was not accompanying me due to his work related commitments in Canada and it didn't put me in any kind of trouble. They even did not call my sponsor to verify my answers.

Last edited:

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
You did not reply to my first question. Which applciation did u submit first: PR or trv?

It was TRV which i submit first,

Carl_johnson

Jun 23, 2017
UAE
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
24-July-2017
Doc's Request.
26-Oct-2017
AOR Received.
18-Oct-2017
File Transfer...
27-Nov-2017
Med's Request
26-Oct-2017
Med's Done....
05-Nov-2017
I have explained this so many times: They "wont invite" the sponsor. Its your personal choice if your sponsor wants to accompany the applicant for interview for support.
Sometimes most sponsor s cannot due to work reasons.
Actually this morning i saw in this forum or in another one, someone saying that Visa Officer called Sponsor and interviewed him/her, They didnt ask anything from PA.
I can see that most of the time they only interviewing PA, but today first time i saw someone shared his experience about Interviewing sponsor only

Reactions: MM345