Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Assalam o alaikum...

Hey all...
i am a complete newbie here; i'll appreciate a lot if taken through the whole process as a beginner please.

i've read many posts in this forum but they are all related to queries after submitting the visa applictaion but they arent helping me much now as i have a different issue.

so i (in Islamabad) am engaged to be married in the fall next year in shaa Allah. My fiance/ sponsor is a Canadian citizen (in Mississauga) and employed.
but i am completely confused as to what to go for... a nikah only and then submitting my application or is the rukhsati better/ important in faster processing of my visa application. because i've heard from a couple of applicants that they now require pictures of rukhsati and the couple living together.
kindly let me know what is the fastest way to get a spouse visa.

secondly some of my friends who got married 3-4 years back got a visit visa before their marriage, went off to canada with their husbands along right away and submitted their spouse visa applications from canada. is this method better considering i still have around 7-8 months until my marriage.

kindly enlighten me between these three choices for a fastest way to getting to live with my husband:
1. visit visa first and then wedding
2. nikah and then application submission
3. nikah and rukhsati then application submission

your help will be much appreciated....thanks!!
1. If you are able to get it then go ahead.
2. Big no to this option as your processing time will increase.
3. Apply after Rukhsati.

Reactions: ar123

fsiddiqui

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Assalam o alaikum...

Hey all...
i am a complete newbie here; i'll appreciate a lot if taken through the whole process as a beginner please.

i've read many posts in this forum but they are all related to queries after submitting the visa applictaion but they arent helping me much now as i have a different issue.

so i (in Islamabad) am engaged to be married in the fall next year in shaa Allah. My fiance/ sponsor is a Canadian citizen (in Mississauga) and employed.
but i am completely confused as to what to go for... a nikah only and then submitting my application or is the rukhsati better/ important in faster processing of my visa application. because i've heard from a couple of applicants that they now require pictures of rukhsati and the couple living together.
kindly let me know what is the fastest way to get a spouse visa.

secondly some of my friends who got married 3-4 years back got a visit visa before their marriage, went off to canada with their husbands along right away and submitted their spouse visa applications from canada. is this method better considering i still have around 7-8 months until my marriage.

kindly enlighten me between these three choices for a fastest way to getting to live with my husband:
1. visit visa first and then wedding
2. nikah and then application submission
3. nikah and rukhsati then application submission

your help will be much appreciated....thanks!!
Just wanted to mention that if you apply for visit visa and it gets rejected, it can be a potential red flag. There is a question in one of the forms which asks you if you've ever been denied entry and you'd have to check yes and provide an explanation.

We had this issue and we were called for an interview. There may have been other reasons for interview too though, but just be aware of the risks.

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Overall 7 to 9 months from date of app received. Just sit tight for now and relax.
Sit Tight, Have Popcorn and Watch Movies.. :D:p:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: AHC

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Just wanted to mention that if you apply for visit visa and it gets rejected, it can be a potential red flag. There is a question in one of the forms which asks you if you've ever been denied entry and you'd have to check yes and provide an explanation.

We had this issue and we were called for an interview. There may have been other reasons for interview too though, but just be aware of the risks.
Theres a difference between denied entry and denied a visa. You are right though if this girl applies for a trv as a single person, gets refused and then gets married to a Canadian Citizen, it will be considered as a red flag for her PR app. She wont be refused a PR but the immigration officer will consider whether she got married a Canadian citizen only to get entry into Canada since her trv application was refused.

Reactions: AHC

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Reactions: khancanada

hmian1992

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
hey everyone!

My file was transferred to LVO on November 14, please update my excel. What happens next?! My husband (PA) has his second medical exam on January 11, (from my prev post i explained how he initially went in October but they requested additional examining and asked him to return jan 11, so he going then iA.) How long do you predict it will take from then?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
hey everyone!

My file was transferred to LVO on November 14, please update my excel. What happens next?! My husband (PA) has his second medical exam on January 11, (from my prev post i explained how he initially went in October but they requested additional examining and asked him to return jan 11, so he going then iA.) How long do you predict it will take from then?
Overall processing (from the date app received in Missisuaga to PPR) is between 7 to 9 months.

mahdi82

Nov 17, 2017
Hi,
Just to share that Shukar alhomdlillah we got PPR email today; it was sent on 16th Nov ( date on the letter head) but we didn't receive it. I went to our MP office 2 days back and on his intervention today we got the same letter resent to my wife and myself. We still have few days before the limit of 30 days.
Thank you everyone who shared their experiences and helped particularly @MM345 . Lets hope and pray all goes well for everyone.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Hi,
Just to share that Shukar alhomdlillah we got PPR email today; it was sent on 16th Nov ( date on the letter head) but we didn't receive it. I went to our MP office 2 days back and on his intervention today we got the same letter resent to my wife and myself. We still have few days before the limit of 30 days.
Thank you everyone who shared their experiences and helped particularly @MM345 . Lets hope and pray all goes well for everyone.
Congrats, finally you can celebrate now! MP intervention was necessary at this point as LVO was not replying to you.
Spreadsheet updated.

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
Hi,
Anyone recently received gcms notes ?
It's been 28 days since I applied but did not receive them yet.

In confirmation email it says we have to wait till 31 calendar days.

zar123

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Interview done! answeretod all the questions my level best. At the end The officer asked me to hand over police Clearance, Whatsapp Chat, Facebook, emails nd Newly filled forms. But the ending words were "I have CONCERNS nd Review It " nd will let you know about the decision within a month. Wh does concern and reviews means in terms of interview?