+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Zinatafrin

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Yup whenever a sponsor or principal applicant moves to a new address, they must communicate the same to CIC. Just update your new adress via ircc web form/case specific enquiry.
Thanks for the reply,

But i need to know about new job, should i join it? To fulfil cic need or if its okay to stay jobless untill I don't need it?

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Thanks for the reply,

But i need to know about new job, should i join it? To fulfil cic need or if its okay to stay jobless untill I don't need it?
You do not need to show minimum income for sponsorship of family (that is spouse and children), however, I have noticed that sponsors who are unemployed or in school, their applications generally take longer (mine included). It's best to be employed even if part time.

EDIT: It is just my speculation based on what I have seen in the spreadsheet and on the forum. I could be hugely mistaken of course and you should base your career related decisions on what is a best fit for your career and profession.

Last edited:

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Visa officer was not satisfied that marriage was genuine. The couple had one combined function for the wedding, limited pics and the bride/sponsor stayed in Pak for 4 days only after the marriage and had few pics together as a couple. This is all i know.
was this the guy who lost pictures because some aunty in the family deleted it from the camera or something?

ayeshasubhan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
hi there,
on Monday my status was changed to We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. but till now they didn't ask me anything. and as my background is in the process so please tell whats going on what they need more??

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
hi there,
on Monday my status was changed to We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. but till now they didn't ask me anything. and as my background is in the process so please tell whats going on what they need more??
Did you order GCMS notes recently? that has prompted the same message for lots of people in the past. Could just be that same glitch. If CIC requests add docs, they attach a PDF on myCIC And also send the PA an email.

Reactions: MM345

ayeshasubhan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
ya I order but I forgot to attach the consent form so I send that consent form on Sunday but on Monday it changes to that..but I didn't get any email yet.

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
Any one has experienced about interview plz reply
pls go through the below post of recent interview held on Nov 21st, 2017.
October 2016 applicant. No additional documents asked before - direct interview call.

Interview held on November 21st, 2017.

We really do not know the reason for our interview as we had ordered our notes before the event and it was just fine. The only reason we could think of was the age difference. That's all.

Interview questions now:

1- As expected, the very first question was about age difference. She asked me if I had a say in this marriage?

2- Did you both ever meet alone before the engagement ceremony?

3- What were the dates of your marriage, can you explain your events? (she meant to ask the no. of attendees and dates, where did the event take place and all - basically, things that were already mentioned in the forms submitted with the application)

4- Why didn't you ask your sponsor to visit you again as you got married in Sept 2016 and your husband re-visited you in January 2017 so its been almost a year now? Does he plan to visit anytime soon?

5- We noticed that you requested to change your husband's mailing address? Why did he move? Can you tell me how is the new home?

6- Can you tell me your husband's routine and how often you guys talk? What does he tell you about his work? Anything recent that happened at his work and how does he commute to work?

7- Highest qualification of your husband? What's yours?

In the end she told me that I'm just keeping your supplementary information form, schedule A form and a copy of police certificate. It was a good experience and the visa officer was satisfied. Alhamdulillah.

P.S. my sponsor wasn't accompanying me and it didn't get us in any trouble.

Few things:

- Your presentation matters a lot, really. please make sure you focus more on how you are presenting documents/answers to the officer. Don't speak extra lol

- It's extremely important that you know your spouse really well. They just want to see how strong your relationship is and how confident you are about it.

- Take the UPDATED version of forms required. Download them from the website as the interview letter states links to old forms. My VO kept the new forms with her and returned me the old ones. (yes I was carrying both)

- If possible please do carry originals of every photocopied document at the time of interview. I had my educational documents with me (originals) and she went through them as well. Keep your wedding card, marriage certificate, nikkah nama, translated nikkah nama, copy of your cnic, your spouse's nicop etc... keep them in a separate folder and label it as originals or extra's.
Also go though the Interview questions spread sheet.

Reactions: MM345

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Thanks for the reply,

For spousal sponsorship, job is not required. You must ensure that either of you dont take social welfare and are able to support yourself.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
was this the guy who lost pictures because some aunty in the family deleted it from the camera or something?
No, its different. This is another girl who posted on the fb group.

Reactions: Kinza_Bee

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
hi there,
As discussed on the fb group, this is because u ordered gcms notes recently. They dont actually need anything from you. If they would, they would send a request letter into your mycic account.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
ya I order but I forgot to attach the consent form so I send that consent form on Sunday but on Monday it changes to that..but I didn't get any email yet.
You.wont get any email. You will get the gcms notes after 30 days.

saskatoonsnip

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello we are applying for our Child temporary canadian passport to accompany her mother to canada. High commission is asking for provide ticket which i dont understand, whose ticket they are asking for? Mother or child or both. I can buy ticket for my wife but my child has no passport yet. Do you have any information in this regard. Thanks in advance