AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
Yes you can send voluntary proof of Sponsors visit to lvo.

The primary interview will be of the principal applicant. Its always good if sponsor goes with PA. But they will call PA for interview while the sponsor waits outside. PA needs to inform the officer that the sponsor is also present and if the officer wants s/he will have a separate interview with the sponsor.
@MM345 just to add on to your note, the officer knows that the sponsor is present since the security first takes PA and Sponsor's passports along with the interview letter inside the Embassy to register attendence. It takes about 10 - 15 mins for them to call you inside the security area for a full pat-down and physical security checks. Once that is cleared, you're allowed to enter into the Embassy and into the waiting area.The passports remains with the Officer until the interview is completed and you're requested to leave.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
@MM345 just to add on to your note, the officer knows that the sponsor is present since the security first takes PA and Sponsor's passports along with the interview letter inside the Embassy to register attendence. It takes about 10 - 15 mins for them to call you inside the security area for a full pat-down and physical security checks. Once that is cleared, you're allowed to enter into the Embassy and into the waiting area.The passports remains with the Officer until the interview is completed and you're requested to leave.
Thanks Landing for your input! :)

Reactions: Landing_PR

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Reactions: khancanada

maq_33

Mar 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
BGC: 27-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Guys who got PPR recently (on Nov 1 specifically), please post when you get COPR as well. It helps others to estimate time and book flights accordingly.

My wife submitted hers in Islamabad VFS on Nov 7th.
Did you guys add in your name on the spouse row on Appendix A?

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
if sponsor goes with PA for an interview, do they ever call Sponsor for the interview? or just takes PA's interview? If i go as i m sponsor, i need to first fly from toronto to Karachi and then Karachi to Islamabad few days before interview date. at this point not even sure if my wife will be called for an interview as this is 2nd marriage case, ppl are telling me possibly a interview case? i want to go with my wife for her interview to support her that i am with you at the time of her interview.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
if sponsor goes with PA for an interview, do they ever call Sponsor for the interview? or just takes PA's interview? If i go as i m sponsor, i need to first fly from toronto to Karachi and then Karachi to Islamabad few days before interview date. at this point not even sure if my wife will be called for an interview as this is 2nd marriage case, ppl are telling me possibly a interview case? i want to go with my wife for her interview to support her that i am with you at the time of her interview.
If both are present at the interview, both are interviewed at the same time but not together. I flew from Toronto to Lahore, then drove to Islamabad and stayed a night since our interview was at 11 am. After the interview (took hour and a half), we drove back to Lahore as I was only in Pakistan for 6 days.
So wait, you don't have an interview letter yet? Don't worry about what people say. Wait it out until you actually hear from CIC.

pluspc

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Hey fellow Dec applicant, mine was updated too.
May i ask if ur Bgc is in process? Also when was PA's upfront medical done? Sorry couldn't find these details on the spreadsheet. :)
Hello hello!!

glad to know I am not alone!

background checks - oct. 24th; and we didn't do our medical up front, because we filed after the new law came into effect!

Don't be sorry - I should be thanking you!! :) because this way the spreadsheet will be updated, I am a little lazy with updates :(

Reactions: Pakbella and MM345

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Hello hello!!

glad to know I am not alone!

background checks - oct. 24th; and we didn't do our medical up front, because we filed after the new law came into effect!

Don't be sorry - I should be thanking you!! :) because this way the spreadsheet will be updated, I am a little lazy with updates :(
Thanks for informing. Did u get a medical request at all then?

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
If both are present at the interview, both are interviewed at the same time but not together. I flew from Toronto to Lahore, then drove to Islamabad and stayed a night since our interview was at 11 am. After the interview (took hour and a half), we drove back to Lahore as I was only in Pakistan for 6 days.
So wait, you don't have an interview letter yet? Don't worry about what people say. Wait it out until you actually hear from CIC.
Thanks .. but if they call for an interview to PA, do they held the interview of Sponsor as well? bcoz interview is only scheduled for PA. but knowing that sponsor sitting in waiting area they can call Sponsor as well? and yes so far no interview call..yet

Last edited:

l992

Apr 21, 2016
So i suggest to to do 2 things:

1) Call the MPs office of your area n book an appointment with them. Ask them to inquire into your application from LVO on your behalf. Mps can be very helpful n immigration always replies to requests from Mps office. You should ask for status update (eligibility, background checks) and any specific questions that you want them to ask from lvo. They will ask for application details n make u sign a consent form n get back to u in 7 to 10 days.

2) Prepare proof of rukhsati, more pictures of the both of u and updated communication proof and send it to lvo along with a cover letter explaining rukhsati n ur visit 2 ur spouse.
Thank you for the advice - I've made up my mind and will try to get on with the two steps you mentioned.

First of all, I've written a letter which explains my perspective of things, describes the difficulties I'm facing without my partner and also provides information on additional data I can provide them including all type of photograph, video footage of our Rukhsati, travel proofs, etc.

Letter is a bit long - 3 pages but every part of it adds up and it is written in a manner which is easy to read and I had to mention the disability I have.

All the data I have to send for them as proofs - should I send that using the IIRC Web Form because e-mail attachment is not going to do the trick?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
No we don't have to, because his medical is valid till March 2018. He got it done after we submitted our application, when they requested.
Ok, if u know the dates, let me know the following as its not there on the spreadsheet:

Date med was requested:
Date med was performed:

Reactions: pluspc

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Thank you for the advice - I've made up my mind and will try to get on with the two steps you mentioned.

First of all, I've written a letter which explains my perspective of things, describes the difficulties I'm facing without my partner and also provides information on additional data I can provide them including all type of photograph, video footage of our Rukhsati, travel proofs, etc.

Letter is a bit long - 3 pages but every part of it adds up and it is written in a manner which is easy to read and I had to mention the disability I have.

All the data I have to send for them as proofs - should I send that using the IIRC Web Form because e-mail attachment is not going to do the trick?
Videos are not accepted, its written on the instruction guide. Theres a limit on the size of the docs that u can provide maybe 8-10 mb. Itd better to courier to LVO if ur proofs are a lot.

Do you want to be added to the spreadsheet? If yes then please provide upir timeline in the following format:

Application received in Mississauga date:
Location of Principal Applicant (city):
Are you Sponsor or Applicant:
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR:
Sponsoring husband or wife:
Sponsor Approval Date
Application in Process date:
Upfront medical date:
Re-medical request date:
Re-medical performed date:
Background check in progress Date:
Additional document request date: