SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Friends one question if some one have two marriages. How will he include both wives in his application simultaneously?

Currently the immigration case of first wife is in process along with principal applicant, while applicant has made second marriage too and now wants to include the case of his second wife too in his current existing file. is it possible to include second wife's case too in your application? As I believe Canada does not allow to keep two wives simultaneously.

Lastly, if he is not allowed to include second wife and he wants to exclude his first wife and include his second wife in his current existing application, how possible and will be done? Thanks for expert suggestions.

Waiting for kind perfect replies.
Is the husband applying for PR through an express entry program or something like that? If so, then you need to post your question in a different thread because this is the spousal sponsorship thread.

Polygamy is illegal in Canada. A person in a polygamous marriage should get professional advice from a lawyer when filing such an application and especially when making changes to it. It's a sensitive topic and if someone messes up, their entire application will simply get rejected.

Hamna Mustafa

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I
Yeah they might ask if u got married to a Canadian citizen to enter into Canada since your student visa was rejected once.

You have to prove otherwise.
nterview!

Interview? Ive applied for spousal sponsorship too. We’ll be asked for an interview aswell??

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
hi, does anyone know what the maximum file size is that I can send to LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca ?
I know the online webform is 4MB but I was asked for some additional documents but they did not specify how to submit it. So I am going to mail it to them and email it. The file of the PDF after multiple rounds of reductions is 10MB. Wondering if their email will accept a file that size?
email file size is the same. Send them the docs in 2-3 batches.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Friends one question if some one have two marriages. How will he include both wives in his application simultaneously?

Currently the immigration case of first wife is in process along with principal applicant, while applicant has made second marriage too and now wants to include the case of his second wife too in his current existing file. is it possible to include second wife's case too in your application? As I believe Canada does not allow to keep two wives simultaneously.

Lastly, if he is not allowed to include second wife and he wants to exclude his first wife and include his second wife in his current existing application, how possible and will be done? Thanks for expert suggestions.

Canada does not allow polygamy. The husband needs to divorce the first wife. Remarry the second wife once the divorce is granted and then add the second wife to the PR application. Second marriage while having a wife will not be recognized by Canadian Law.

pluspc

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017

As others have stated, Polygamy is not allowed in Canada. Not only you have to divorce your first wife, you need to show proof that you have divorced your first wife before sponsoring second wife to Canada. It is absolutely illegal to be married to two women simultaneously in Canada/North America (for that matter). No lawyer is going to take on the case, and will tell you the same thing.

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017

I am

I am sorry but is this kind of a joke happening here????

khancanada

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2016
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
18-07-2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2017
File Transfer...
18-09-2017
Med's Done....
13-09-2017
CPC Mississauga started my wife's application (Outside Canada) on July 18th, 2017. She has done her medical exam already in Karachi on Sept 12th, 2017 and now her on line status shows she has passed her medical exams. Now her file moved to London Visa Office Now what's next?
any advise please

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
As others have stated, Polygamy is not allowed in Canada. Not only you have to divorce your first wife, you need to show proof that you have divorced your first wife before sponsoring second wife to Canada. It is absolutely illegal to be married to two women simultaneously in Canada/North America (for that matter). No lawyer is going to take on the case, and will tell you the same thing.
No before sponsoring but even before marrying the second wife. Cannot marry another woman while being in a legal marital contract with another.

pluspc

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
No before sponsoring but even before marrying the second wife. Cannot marry another woman while being in a legal marital contract with another.
Cannot marry another woman while being in a legal marital contract with another - True, if the marriage took place in Canada, because this is the law of this land. However, if both the weddings took place in a jurisdiction where Polygamy is allowed, then in order for the party to sponsor one spouse in Canada, they have to prove that they have divorced their other spouse. Along with the proof that the jurisdiction where both weddings took place allows Polygamy.

Last edited:

Jiyasohaib

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you need any kind of id when u go to drop off ur passport at the VFS lahore other than ur passport, filled out appendex A and PPR email and pages.

Plz let me know thanks.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
I

nterview!

Interview? Ive applied for spousal sponsorship too. We’ll be asked for an interview aswell??
Only if they put you in the interview queue.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
CPC Mississauga started my wife's application (Outside Canada) on July 18th, 2017. She has done her medical exam already in Karachi on Sept 12th, 2017 and now her on line status shows she has passed her medical exams. Now her file moved to London Visa Office Now what's next?
any advise please
Expect to wait for 3 to 4 months until a decision is made or more documents are requested.

Do you want to add your info to the spreadsheet (see link in my signature)?

Reactions: khancanada