SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
How long can the sponsor stay without it causing any sort of hurdle? Also, a return ticket should be sufficient enough for that shouldn't it ? It isn't like I would go permanently but I was considering 2 to 3 months.
Apply first, wait for sponsor approval and then visit. I think after sponsor approval they won't focus on you as much and won't waste time asking about your return. You can technically stay as long as you want in Pakistan (because you're a Canadian citizen and you have the right to file your application from wherever you want), but when you file the ap, you should be in Canada to avoid extra questions. Otherwise they'll ask for proof of your intent to return to Canada.

Last edited:

humy.11.23

Aug 30, 2017
Apply first, wait for sponsor approval and then visit. I think after sponsor approval they won't focus on you as much and won't waste time asking about your return. You can technically stay as long as you want in Pakistan, but the thing is that when you file the ap, you should be in Canada to avoid extra questions. Otherwise they'll ask for proof of your intent to return.
Oh I have already been approved. I applied July

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
Oh I have already been approved. I applied July
In that case, you can probably visit for up to 4 months without any issue. Just make sure you have convincing proof of your intent to return in case they ask for it. I'm saying 4 months because in most provinces, if you're away for more than 5-6 months, you lose provincial health coverage and some benefits because it affects your provincial residency status. You have to be living in your province for a certain amount of days in the year to be considered a resident of that province.

Reactions: humy.11.23

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
What line shows up after medical results received on ecas?
It's different for everyone, but most of the lines you'll get will be about the correspondence they send you. I have 7 lines and most of them are just "we sent you correspondence on _______".

Reactions: humy.11.23

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
That sucks. Why don't u email them for status update or inquire through MP. Kuch pata tou chale k ho Kya raha hai?
Salam.

Can i ask you to add my timeline on the pakistani sheet.. as i am on April 2017 but as my case is in LVO. thanks

Reactions: ali khalid

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Salam.

Can i ask you to add my timeline on the pakistani sheet.. as i am on April 2017 but as my case is in LVO. thanks
Hi, I have taken some info of your timeline from your signature. Please provide the following info:

Location of Principal Applicant (city):
Are you Sponsor or Applicant:
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR:
Sponsoring husband or wife:
Sponsor Approval Date:
Review of Medical Passed Date (MYCIC):
Additional document request date:
Additional documents that are requested:
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N):
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N):
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N):

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
FYI - Message on MyCIC today:

This online service will be unavailable from 3:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday, October 24, 2017, in order to perform system maintenance.

freetrade

Sep 27, 2017
OWN RISK MEDICALS: Please note that we have issued medical instructions for you (and your dependents). The issuance of these medicals does not guarantee the approval of your application. The decision to approve/refuse you application will take place at the interview.

This is written in my letter but didn’t find any instructions
What does that even mean?

Did you have a medical done already and maybe it is expiring? If not, then it doesn't make sense that they would ask you to do it again. Perhaps this is a very generic letter they are sending and it includes all this additional mumbo jumbo? Obviously not an expert or know what this is...

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-05-2017
So are we supposed to talk in English only to satisfy them?
No, in my notes, I had a similar note added from the officer. It said that we talk in our native language and these are short messages (since we provided Whatsapp chats). I talked to my MP who assured me that this is their way of logging that they have seen the proof of communication. We had also taken these chat print outs in our interview. If you're concerned, you can write a cover letter to explain that this is the way you guys communicate since this is easier way to understand each other and makes you guys comfortable.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. You can also consult your MP and see if they can talk to the officer and explain.

imsid

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
What does that even mean?

Did you have a medical done already and maybe it is expiring? If not, then it doesn't make sense that they would ask you to do it again. Perhaps this is a very generic letter they are sending and it includes all this additional mumbo jumbo? Obviously not an expert or know what this is...
My medical was done on 15december 2016 .
I don’t where they send instructions I didn’t get any email or pdf

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-05-2017
Do you guys check e-cas and MyCIC or just one of them?
Also, if you check e-cas, do you check Sponsor page or the PA page?
I have a bad habit of checking all three :oops:

Reactions: Kinza_Bee