+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Rumi01

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Very sorry to hear about your refusal. You should visit this Appeals thread to read and discuss the process n timelines:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz.87619/page-708

Also you should order GCMS notes to read visa officer comments and concerns in detail.

I have heard that some people are able to fix the visa concerns and then re apply instead of going for an appeal.
Thank you.

Reactions: MM345

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17

Rumi01

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Very sorry to hear about your refusal. You should visit this Appeals thread to read and discuss the process n timelines:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz.87619/page-708

Also you should order GCMS notes to read visa officer comments and concerns in detail.

I have heard that some people are able to fix the visa concerns and then re apply instead of going for an appeal.
Can you please advise how can we order GCMS notes? Is there any cost associated to it?

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017

Rumi01

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship-pakistan-london-visa-office.203899/page-2188#post-6387669
Please refer to this post for all questions related to GCMS notes. There is a $5 charge.

What were the reasons for rejection if you don't mind sharing please. Thank you.
So here is the overview, It was Nikah case. We had our Nikah done in 2015. I got busy and didn't get chance to apply until APRIL 2016. In Sept 2016, they sent us letter demanding more photos and info. Rukhsati was not done until this point. We hired a desi lawyer from Ottawa and provided response to CIC with his help. In Jan. 2017, they sent us Interview request. I came to Pakistan in Aug to do Rukhsati. Now, at this point interview date came, it was in 3rd week of Sept. We took lots of photos to support our interview. I myself went with my wife for interview. I wasn't called inside. My wife told me interview went well.
But today rejection letter came at my Canadian address, and reasons are: "Our Marriage is not genuine".
Going through Appeal threads, looks like its another good 2 yrs. to wait to get hearing date.. I am just devastated today. Don't know what to do. Appeal or re-apply?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
So here is the overview, It was Nikah case. We had our Nikah done in 2015. I got busy and didn't get chance to apply until APRIL 2016. In Sept 2016, they sent us letter demanding more photos and info. Rukhsati was not done until this point. We hired a desi lawyer from Ottawa and provided response to CIC with his help. In Jan. 2017, they sent us Interview request. I came to Pakistan in Aug to do Rukhsati. Now, at this point interview date came, it was in 3rd week of Sept. We took lots of photos to support our interview. I myself went with my wife for interview. I wasn't called inside. My wife told me interview went well.
But today rejection letter came at my Canadian address, and reasons are: "Our Marriage is not genuine".
Going through Appeal threads, looks like its another good 2 yrs. to wait to get hearing date.. I am just devastated today. Don't know what to do. Appeal or re-apply?
Order GCMS notes. The visa officer would have pointed out the reasons why he thinks the marriage was not genuine.

If you think you can provide more evidence or present your case in a better way than before then it may be better to re apply.
Just to confirm that You guys did Rukhsati after Interview was scheduled?

Rumi01

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Order GCMS notes. The visa officer would have pointed out the reasons why he thinks the marriage was not genuine.

If you think you can provide more evidence or present your case in a better way than before then it may be better to re apply.
Just to confirm that You guys did Rukhsati after Interview was scheduled?
Correct, Interview request came in Jan. and we planned for Rukhsati after Eid Al Adha.
It takes 30 days to get GCMS notes. I can only appeal in 30 days. so I have to choose 1 between two options? GCMS notes or Appeal ?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Correct, Interview request came in Jan. and we planned for Rukhsati after Eid Al Adha.
It takes 30 days to get GCMS notes. I can only appeal in 30 days. so I have to choose 1 between two options? GCMS notes or Appeal ?
Order GCMS notes for sure, as for both appeal and re-application you will need the notes.

Maybe the visa officer thought that you did Rukhsati only to provide proofs in the interview or to gain PR.

Consult with an immigration lawyer.

Reactions: Kinza_Bee

zaria

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
hello seniours, hope so u guys help me out in this .. i am august 2016 applicant and back in july they asked for additional docs which we sent to them but yesterday she said you are not satisfied me with your marriage is registered with union council or not . but u guys know better than me marriage register certificate nadra say tub tak issue hi ni hota jub tak union council mein registered na ho even urdu nikkah nama pe bhi union council ki stamp lagi hai but sitll officer argued on that and now they are saying 30 days hain is mein prove kar do warna file refuse hai please advise

zaria

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
urdu nikkah nama bears union council stam plus nikkah registrar stamp but still officer said where is nikkah registrar stamp on urdu nikkah nama and i want marriage certificate issued by union council and plus we attached our marriage certificate which is issued by nadra and nadra never issued marriage certificate until ur marriage has been registered with union council... i am right? please advise

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
hello seniours, hope so u guys help me out in this .. i am august 2016 applicant and back in july they asked for additional docs which we sent to them but yesterday she said you are not satisfied me with your marriage is registered with union council or not . but u guys know better than me marriage register certificate nadra say tub tak issue hi ni hota jub tak union council mein registered na ho even urdu nikkah nama pe bhi union council ki stamp lagi hai but sitll officer argued on that and now they are saying 30 days hain is mein prove kar do warna file refuse hai please advise
Yes you need to write a letter of explanation with reference to all these proofs.

1) Mention that you have seal of Union Council on your Nikkah Nama. Attach a copy of your NN where aral is visible.

2) Explain that there are 4 copies of NN issued and one of them has to be registered to the Union Council. Go to the union council where you guys submitted the NN and and ask them to provide proof that your NN us registered with them. Koi jaan pehchaan wala Banda ho you they may even write this on their letter head.

3) Search from Nadra website on the pre requisites of obtaining marriage certificate. Attach that screenshot where it is written to submit NN to union council. Explain to the visa officer that you have been issued Nadra marriage certificate because you your marriage is registered with the government.

I feel sorry for you, these visa officers are such a pain.

zaria

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
itna lamba letter likha hai jitna tym us pe waste kiya hai agr nikkah form and marriage certificate ko gore say dekh lyti tou shaid nazar ajata sub

Last edited:

zaria

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Yes you need to write a letter of explanation with reference to all these proofs.

1) Mention that you have seal of Union Council on your Nikkah Nama. Attach a copy of your NN where aral is visible.

2) Explain that there are 4 copies of NN issued and one of them has to be registered to the Union Council. Go to the union council where you guys submitted the NN and and ask them to provide proof that your NN us registered with them. Koi jaan pehchaan wala Banda ho you they may even write this on their letter head.

3) Search from Nadra website on the pre requisites of pbtaibibt
thank you if u don't mind can i paste their email text here so u have better idea what they exactly say

zaria

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Section 2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states: “marriage”, in respect of a marriage that took place outside Canada, means a marriage that is valid both under the laws of the jurisdiction where it took place and under Canadian law. Section 117 (1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states: A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is (a) the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner; You have not satisfied me that you and your sponsor are in a valid marriage because you have not demonstrated that the marriage has been registered with the appropriate authorities. The Urdu Nikah Nama you have provided does not bear the seal of the Nikah Registrar, and does not list the date your marriage was registered. You were asked to provide a Marriage Registration Certificate, issued by the Union Council, to demonstrate your marriage has been registered. In response, you have provided copies of the marriage documents currently on file. I am not satisfied the documents you have provided demonstrate your marriage has been registered. As a result, I am not satisfied you are in a valid marriage with your sponsor. Consequently, you are not considered the spouse of your sponsor pursuant to section 117(1)(a) of the Regulations and your application for permanent residence may be refused. Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that the visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. It appears that you do not meet the requirements of the Act for the reasons set out above.
Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to these concerns. You must provide any additional information within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information within 30 days, I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

check officer stupidity omg they are insane people...

Shaukat_00

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hello dear,

If it is something a visa officer overlooked or his/her assessment was not optimal regarding your case, appeal is the correct course.

If your case had some deficiency, it is advisable to correct that and then re-apply.

The right avenue at this time is to consult an immigration lawyer, who will assess your case based on the above scenarios and advise you properly.

My advice, immediately consult an immigration lawyer.