+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

biha2017

Sep 13, 2017
I also have a general question for Canadians marrying people back home - are they your relatives? what's your reason for not marrying someone in Canada?

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
I also have a general question for Canadians marrying people back home - are they your relatives? what's your reason for not marrying someone in Canada?
That's a rather broad generalization and frankly, a little offensive. I married the love of my life, and if I had found him in the Fiji Islands I'd have married and brought him here just like I am doing now.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
hi,

do we need to show rukhsati if we are applying for our spouse sponsorship? Is nikkah not enough?
Sadly in Pakistani culture most people have a Rukhsati before marriage can begin. Marriage is cohabitation. The government wants to make sure it's a genuine marriage and not one of convenience therefore they require Rukhsati. You don't have to have one so long as the married couple can show they lived together for a bit after nikkah which technically is the legal form of marriage in Pakistani law as well.

biha2017

Sep 13, 2017
oh sorry I'm really not trying to be offensive. I have just generally seen that Pakistani parents of these first gen Pak-Canadians tend to want their kids marrying their brother or sister's kids back home. I am not saying that in a negative way at all, I'm sorry my actual tone isn't getting through lol I am really just curious. I am in that boat, so I can't be against it haha.

How did you meet your spouse if you don't mind me asking

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Hi, could you please add me too? I tried myself but its view obly mode.
Yes, only admins can update the spreadsheet. Kindly share your following information if you would like to be added to the spreadsheet.

Application received in Mississauga date:
Location of Principal Applicant (city):
Are you Sponsor or Applicant:
Sponsor is Canadian Citizen or PR:
Sponsoring husband or wife:
Sponsor Approval Date
Application in Process date:
Upfront medical date:
Re-medical request date:
Re-medical performed date:
Medical and Police Request Date:
Review of Eligiblity in Progress Date (MYCIC):
Review of Medical Passed Date (MYCIC):
Review of submitted document Date (MYCIC):
Background check in progress Date (MYCIC):
Additional document request date:
Additional documents that are requested:
Rukhsati Ceremony Performed (Y/N):
Nikkah Only Case (Y/N):
Second marriage for PA or Sponsor (Y/N):
Interview Date:
Decision Made Date:
Passport Request Date:
COPR & Passport stamped date:

Veersam

Apr 29, 2017
Thank you veersam for yours reply.yesterday I e mail operation manager after getting letter from CIC and mentioned that the letter I received have Dated August 31 2017 and on ECAS service my status changed reveiwng application started September 7 2017...So Iam hoping they also found my application,,lets I m waiting for the reply from operatiom manager...
I

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
oh sorry I'm really not trying to be offensive. I have just generally seen that Pakistani parents of these first gen Pak-Canadians tend to want their kids marrying their brother or sister's kids back home. I am not saying that in a negative way at all, I'm sorry my actual tone isn't getting through lol I am really just curious. I am in that boat, so I can't be against it haha.

How did you meet your spouse if you don't mind me asking
I believe people should marry for love, not because their parents are forcing them to marry their siblings' kids. I met my husband 9 years ago during a summer visit to the city I was born in. He is an amazing human being and we fell in love. Due to our circumstances in life, we couldn't be together for too long and then a few years back we got back together and decided to make our relationship a priority in our life. All I know is that love comes in all shapes, sizes, colours, genders and nationalities. We often cannot help it and that is why I am sure people are stuck in highly stressful long distance relationships. Hope all lovers are reunited soon :)

biha2017

Sep 13, 2017
I believe people should marry for love, not because their parents are forcing them to marry their siblings' kids. I met my husband 9 years ago during a summer visit to the city I was born in. He is an amazing human being and we fell in love. Due to our circumstances in life, we couldn't be together for too long and then a few years back we got back together and decided to make our relationship a priority in our life. All I know is that love comes in all shapes, sizes, colours, genders and nationalities. We often cannot help it and that is why I am sure people are stuck in highly stressful long distance relationships. Hope all lovers are reunited soon :)
I love your view about love lol! Hoping the process moves along quickly for you iA! I know everyone here is really anxious to be united with their loved ones, can't image what you guys are going through right now but I may in the near future lol just skimming this forum to get a feel for whats possibly in store.

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
I love your view about love lol! Hoping the process moves along quickly for you iA! I know everyone here is really anxious to be united with their loved ones, can't image what you guys are going through right now but I may in the near future lol just skimming this forum to get a feel for whats possibly in store.
Thanks. All the best to you as well.

maq_33

Mar 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
10-05-2017
File Transfer...
BGC: 27-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
This too sounds offensive, to all those who married their cousins. It seems to imply that parents only ever force their children to marry their siblings' kids, and everyone who marries their cousin is forced.

Reactions: AHC

baigwaseem

Jul 26, 2017
Hi Waseem,
Did they mentioned the reason of refusal?
Do you mean that the sponsorship approval got refused?
Or were you approved as a sponsor and PA GOT refused?
Stupid VO writes the reasons " Relationship is not genuine" and " This marriage is a marriage of convenience"
PA got refused.