+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Screenager

May 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received COPR on 13th July. Please update spreadsheet.

Would just like to add a little thing about proof of intent to return to canada. My wife and I were living outside Canada throughout the application process. We had submitted enough proof initially with our application. However, after 5 months of our application being filed, we ordered GCMS notes and in the visa officers notes, we read "Proof of intention to return to Canada to be determined by the visa officer"

This gave me a hint that they might question later about "proof of intent to return." Hence, I voluntary sent some extra documents to LVO and gave a detailed explanation of our plans when we go to Canada. El7'mdulillah, apart from PCC, there were no additional docs requested and visa was issued. Ordering notes definitely helped and also there is a high chance LVO will ask about intention to return if the sponsor is living with application outside canada for a long time, in my case, throughout the application process. Thanks
Ours is the same case. It is our belief we have submitted very strong proofs of intent with the application. About 5 months have passed, we will now order notes and see what their thoughts are regarding our proofs of intent. Sponsor has been outside Canada for 10 years. Any suggestions?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
From Manila Visa Office they transferred my husband's file again at London Visa Office July 3,2017 because my husband is currently working at Saudi Arabia and this morning our ECAS started processing July 14,2017. Anybody knows , what will be the next step? When they will start Background Check ? Thank yiu in Advance .Good luck to all of us!
4-6 months.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Cic asked me to submitt new passport sized photos as the old ones are rejected. Shall I send them by mail or online upload would be enough? Thanks
Depends on the request..does it say to be uploaded or sent via post?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
And one more thing please do I also need to write my name and date of birth and stamp of photo studio? Thanks
Yes, this was specifically mentioned in the photo specifications when we applied so check the latest guide.

Reactions: 25may2k7_applicant

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Nikkah nama was in urdu (since the original nikkah nama was sent). However i did send a marriage certificate which I got from the disctrict council the nikkah was registered at. I also got the family registration certificate (FRC) from nadra showing me and my wife as a family (this only happens AFTER both the husband and wife get their marital status changed on their CNIC). Both the FRC and the marriage certificate were in english
Certified english translation of Urdu Nikkah Nama must also be sent. Otherwise they will ask u for it later.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Our NN was in English. We sent the Marriage Certificate also. I don't remember if his FRC shows my information because I am not a Pakistani citizen and do not have CNIC or NICOP. The country specific guidelines didn't specify that the NN had to be in Urdu so we only filled the English one out at our wedding and sent a notarized copy of that. (they didn't ask for originals either)

I'm a bit worried about the whole Urdu English problem but let's see. I ordered our GCMS notes today so will have a better understanding in a month. Thanks for your reply :)
GCMS notes would not mention officers comments on your NN just as yet. once your file is opened in LVO for initial and further reviews of eligibility, then only will they check the docs in detail and send you a request if they require. Sharing this from last experience of members on the spreadsheet.

Reactions: Kinza_Bee

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
lets say they want to interview .. who will CIC interview - PA or Sponsor? Where will they want the sponsor to go for the interview if they are in Canada?
PA is required for interview in their country of residence. Sponsor can join (optional) to support the applicant.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Hello every one. .
My BG is in progress from 27th May 2017. On my email to enquire status I got the following reply from lvo.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that your application is currently awaiting the results from a routine background check, once we have the result we will be in contact. Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with a time frame for the decision of your application.

Kind regards,
REO

I need expert advice guys
Waiting game. Nothing u can do or lvo. BGC are done by outside agencies. Did ur husband work in government/military?

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Just a quick question if anyone can help...

My wife got the request for re med. Does she have to take photographs with her when she goes for the medical exam or she doesnt?
In Aug last year I did take photos as required by IOM in their email but they didn't take those and clicked pictures over there in Islamabad. Better to take to be on the safe side.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Not only that but also an affidavit of true translation by the translator.
Thanks for pointing that out. Since I had both Original English plus Urdu NN's, I just made their photocopies and had them notarized. In case you have only Urdu NN, u need affidavit or a certified true copy stamp by a notary public.

Osama_sidd

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
09/01/2017
AOR Received.
26/01/2017
Med's Request
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-03-2017
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
Post 1/2

Assalam o Alaikum everyone.

This forum has been a great help throughout the visa process and I will like to give back by putting into detail everything I submitted with my application. Pleasse note that I sent the NEW application package.

A little background about myself and my wife: She was my junior at the university but in a different department and we met via public speaking (me being the trainer :p). We did have a lot of mutual friends and know each other way before we got engaged.

These are the categories of documents that are required:

- Forms

- Sponsor Supporting Documents

- Applicant Supporting Documents

- Relationship Supporting Documents

Forms:

First off its easier if you go through the forms BEFORE you get married. This will give you an insight as to what you will be required to give and you will then be able to take pictures, reciepts and other pieces of evidences as necessary. Secondly the new package contains forms that are pretty simple and straightforward. Arrange the forms (and all supporting documents) in the order mentioned in the document checklist.

- Sponsor Supporting Documents:

I put a cover letter before the Supporting documents which stated that I was submitting a letter from my employer, my recent pay stubs, my latest NOA and option printout (to get noa and optoin c printout, create an account on cra.gc.ca; everything will be there). CIC doesnt ask for pay stubs, lekn mainy attach krdi thi.

the letter that i got from my employer mainy us mein ye bhi likhwaya tha that i took vacations in march 2015 for my engagement and then again in novermber 2016 for my wedding.

- Applicant Supporting Documents:

You will need to submit the following:

- ORIGINAL Nikkah Nama; make sure you get it registered. jo nikkah khuan hongay they will know where to get the nikkah registered. Mera nikkah meri wife k ghar k paas ek masjid mein hau tha, so it got registered in the union council of that area. if your nikkah is performed on a different day as your rukhsati then the date your nikkah is performed will be the date of wedding on all official documents

- True translation of the NIkkah Nama: this should be notarized on BOTH the pages

- Marriage certificate: this is issued by the union council. jis UC mein your nikkah will be registered go there with a copy of nikkah nama, copies of your, your wife's and her and your parents' and nikkah khuan's CNICs. They take 800rs for the marriage certificate and give it you within 3-4 days. UC se ja k hi collect krna parhta hai

- Family Registration Certificate: ye nadra k office ja k bnwana parhta hai but FRC bnwanay ka pre-requisite is that both of you should be married on your CNICs. So first go to nadra for NIC (NIC mein changes k lye you just need original Nikkah nama, and parents' nic). Also FRC can be applied online as well. The site is id.nadra.gov.pk . They will send you a pdf of the FRC in your email (I applied online and submitted a colored copy of the FRC) - this document is optional; but nice to submit

- Certified copy of CNIC: Both sides of the cnic should be copied onto a single side of the page. get this copy notarized. If you go to any photostat shop and tell them k ntoarize krne k lye chahye hain, they are going to copy bothsides on the same side of the page. Its not necessary that the husband name on the CNIC show your name, but its a plus point. I would suggest getting nic done. Moreover, make sure that the wife does not have any mehndi on her fingertips when you go for nic. Warna they are going to return you back. My wife removed her mehndi using olivia cream bleach on her finger tips.

- True Translation of CNIC: Notarized copy of translation of cnic

- ORIGINAL birth certificate

- Certified copy of your spouse's passport; again its not necessary that the passport be made after marriage with your name in husband's name part, but its a plus point

Relationship/other documents:

- Photographs: Make sure photographer or anyone is taking pictures from the front with you with nikkah khuan and other people present visible when you are signing the nikkah nama. Sign krne ki pics are very important. Sub log be-shak nazar na aye but kuch log nazar anay chahye hain. Same goes for the nikkah signing of your wife. If you have mehndi event where you and your wife are together with guests, take pictures of that. Big groups ki pics honi chahye hain from baraat and valima. apne and your wife k friends, if invited, unke bhi barhay groups hon. family groups to bun jatay hain is lye i am not going to tell you guys about that. Similarly have your photographer randomly take pictures of the crowd in the wedding (this will show that there were many guests present, however my photographer didnt and CIC was still fine with it, but many people on the forum advise on sending such pics). Baraat ki entry ki pics honi chahye hain where you will be entering the hall with your family (again ziada se ziada log nazar aenge utna acha hai). Rukhsati ki pics in which your wife is meeting her parents and her family members. you leaving with her. Agar quran sir pe rkha hai to pics mein wo nazar ana chahye hai (again its not necessary; we did not follow this custom of quran over the head so no such pics were included and CIC had no issues with it either). Garhi mein bethte huy ki pics bhi. Most importantly have someone take pictures of the rasmain that happen when the bride and groom get back home (make sure the place looks like a room in a house). I also took a selfie with my wife on her bed which showed that the decorations as well. Same to be done on valima as well. Barhay groups ki pics are best cz they show that a lot of guests were present. Shadi k baad jo jo dawatain hon us mein pics len. Make sure that you have group photos in them as well, with other people. If you and your wife go on any dates after marriage take selfies in the restaurant, jis mein ye pta chal rha ho k restaurant mein hi bethe hain. If you are going for honeymoon, make sure that you take pictures there as well. In all these pictures make sure that the couple is smiling and they are together. Take screenshots of any video calls made during the course of the relationship. We did not go on our honeymoon, so we did not send any such pics or any other evidence for that.

PLEASE NOTE: Even though the new application package asked us to send only 10 or 15 pictures I sent them 70+ pictures; the reason being that the new application package is a general application package for EVERY country applicant. So I took information from the old package which asked for 50 pictures, and I sent any pic I thought had a significant value.

- Social Media posts: Make sure that you upload on facebook that you are married. take a printout of all the comments on that post. Before getting married i was engaged to my wife, so I had earlier posted about that as well and i submitted that post as well. I submitted the "see friendship" page of me and my wife. Basically this page shows all the posts that we were tagged in together, or any posts we tagged each other or posted on each others wall. Make sure to checkin to places wherever you visit, this will come in the see friendship page. I only submitted the posts from our wedding only. Even though i had posts from before that as well, but i only submitted from wedding to the point i applied (isi k hi 27 pages hogaye thay).

- Receipts: Hall receipts, receipts for wedding photography, jewelry, bridal and groom dresses, parlor receipts, and receipts for catering. Also attach your wedding invitation cards. Also receipts for any gifts bought by each other (before, for and after wedding) and restaurant receipts for dinner that the couple went on a date. If you guys went shopping, submit those receipts as well. If you went on your honeymoon, attach hotel receipts and other receipts from that place.

- Communication Proof: I sent screenshots from whatsapp from every month we have been together with the date of the chat visible in the screenshot. I also sent some of the important emails we exchanged. We exchanged more than 200 emails (we started 5 months after our engagement on exchanging emails). I exported all the emails to pdf and only printed those emails in which we were either congratulating each other for different accomplishments (graduation, getting job, getting promoted etc.), wishing each other a happy birthday, on eid, a happy new year, any anniversary, etc.

- Financial Support - Its not necessary, but its a plus point if you send money to your wife after marriage. I used to send $150 monthly. I know a friend who used to send $100 monthly. So they dont care about the amount you are sending, but its a plus point when they see that you are sending it monthly. Kuch log ye bhi krte hain k jb tk application submit nahi ki hoti tub tk bhejte hain pese and phir application submit krne k baad they stop sending money. this is wrong since cic can ask you later during your application process for proof of ongoing relationship and us mein ye daalna is important agar pehle show kia hai aapne that you sent money earlier. I used to send money through finmark financial; you can do it online and it gets directly deposited to your spouse's account. they email you the receipt.

I also submitted a letter explaining the name being used. Both me and my wife have a first name with which we are not called with (my wife's syeda and mine is muhammad); so according to them the names that should be used to refer the sponsor and the applicant would be the first names. I wrote a letter stating that we prefer being called by our last name (or if you prefer being called by your middle name, mention so). And after this letter I just used our last names to mention each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: su005

Osama_sidd

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
09/01/2017
AOR Received.
26/01/2017
Med's Request
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-03-2017
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
Post 2/2

- Letters from friends

Like i mentioned earlier we had a lot of mutual friends, so I asked 15 of my friends to write a letter explaining how they know us and to shed some light on our relationship. I asked them to send me the letters as the body of the email and NOT attach word documents in the email I then took printout of the email which showed that it was sent by which email to which email address. They also ended the letter stating that if the officer wants to reach out to them they are free to do that via email or phone and gave their contact info. Some of the friends also attached pictures of themselves with us. This is, again, NOT necessary; if it fits for you, then you should do it.

With all the evidences this is what was done:

-Before every type of evidence I submitted a letter in which I mentioned what supporting docs were following the letter and whether they were copies or originals

- On all the receipts and every other peice of evidence I stuck sticky notes and labels with notes describing what the receipt is for. I used to send cakes, flowers and gifts through an e-gift portal (express gifts) and the invoice they used to send used to show any message I had sent along with that, so i stuck sticky note on the top of the page stating what this invoice is for and stuck a label on the part where the message was written highlighting it for the officer

- On emails and whatsapp messages I stuck labels and sticky notes highlighting an important part (like tell them that in this email your spouse is wishing you a happy birthday or congratulating you on getting promoted etc.). The immigration officer is mostly going to skim through the evdiences. If you provide them notes on every piece of evidence you have done them a huge favor and it will reduce their job immensely and will clarify any questions they have.

- When providing evidences I was being very pessimistic and critical person, evaluating the evidences form the point of view of a person who did not believe what he was seeing. So i made sure that I dotted all my I's and crossed all my T's and ensured that the officer will not have any questions about the application

- For photographs I wrote behind the photographs with a marker. I wrote the following:

- Date the picture or screenshot was taken

- Description: Mention what is happening in the pictures; if its from a particular rasam (doodh pilai, kheer wali rasam etc.) explain that rasam as well that what happens in it and tie it to its cultural importance. Again if you guys dont have such rasmain, its good no issues; I am just putting into details of what happened in my case and what we did.

- People who are in the pics and their relationship to the applicant or the sponsor (just write <sponsor's name> father, or <applicant name>'s mother, etc.). What I also did was that for big groups I mentioned that all the people in this picture are related to the sponsor or the applicant. So basically for the group containing all my cousins i just said everyone in this picture are osama's cousins UNTIL MENTIONED OTHERWISE. You can do this with group of friends as well.

- I also attached sticky notes on every social media proof again highlighting what it is for. Eg for the see friendship pages there were many posts of different checkins made, so i put sticky labels on them stating that this is a checkin made when we went out for dinner with blah blah, or checkin made for a dinner date or anything along those lines.

- Its great if you have multiple evidences for the same thing. EG any date you guys go to, submit a picture, a facebook checkin and a receipt

If you guys need any help you can always send me a message. Hope this helps everyone.

Good luck to you all.

Reactions: MM345 and su005

Osama_sidd

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
09/01/2017
AOR Received.
26/01/2017
Med's Request